Thread: The Inc. 500...
View Single Post
Old October 2, 2003, 01:06 AM
Linda

Default Business skills make a huge difference. : )

Hi Michael;

> The bottom line
> is crummy concepts go through money faster
> than Godzilla through Tokyo.

I'd actually rephrase that a little to say that crummy spending decisions will go through money faster than Godzilla through Tokyo.

Foolish spending and burning money is usually a result of bad judment on the part of the spender and is VERY often seen in regard to good products/services/concepts, too - not just bad ones. : )

> Good concepts
> are quite often profitable from day 1.

Only if the person knows what they are doing.

Susie might make the best diapers for babies with allergies in the whole world, but if she's not putting her ads in front of the mommies with highly allergic babies, it doesn't much matter.

Now - if she gets them in front of the right moms, she'll make a mint.

I don't know if you read Andy Bourland's I-Sales, but there was a great post today in an ongoing thread. It said;

Now that the web has given millions of people the
opportunity to sell stuff to a world wide audience, they try their hardest to do so. Some are pros who can sell anything, and some should probably get a job at Burger King (I like Burger King BTW). The web has created millions of businesses, but not enough real business people.

I agree with that statement about 200%.
Learning business skills is an essential ingredient and is just as important as the viability of the product/service or concept.

If you don't get I-Sales, you can check it out at http://www.MarketingWonk.com. : )

: )
Linda

Last edited by Dien Rice : March 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fixed formatting