View Single Post
Old November 30, 2018, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Default An answer from our archives is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

A friend of mine recently joined a new MLM scheme... The big success stories in their promotions were those making $2,000 per month...

So, spend $500 and make $900 profit - in a day? Hey, with 3 days work (if you can get the same deal) you could make $3,600...

Or... work for 30 days, be a “big success” - to bring in $2,000? Which is better?

I know which one I’d prefer!

(I politely declined my friend’s offer to join the new MLM scheme... Which, by the way, also cost around $500 to join, if I remember right...)

Gordon - if I may ask - what can you buy for $500 to sell for $1400 (or thereabouts)?

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. The Chattel Report gives some answers...!

Well, a few things. But to make it happen daily, we look to Don Alm. You may remember I got involved in Don's daily specials menu board, and evolved the idea to putting my ads on the board with liquid nails, so I could change them easily, and therefore offer a quarterly rate to test the board.

Have you been to a restaurant recently and did you see a daily specials board of any kind? If so, did it have any ads on it? If not, maybe they would be interested in one, eh?

Back then, mine were heavy wooden things, and had two separate boards based on Don's model. Today, these things would probably be too heavy but the idea of an Erasable board, and daily specials can be found in many places including restaurants.

I was paying a few hundred bux for my boards, but getting many times that from the ads which went on them.

Now get this, and Dien, if you want to skype soon, I'll show you proof of:

TODAY, right now, I could spend less than 100 dollars, give a daily special board away for FREE to __________ (any number of businesses), and using the old shoe leather Don approach, sit with the owner getting the FREE board, and get 3 to 4 advertisers on it by noon. 350 an ad, less than a buck a day, to have your ad seen by hundreds of eyeballs a week for a whole year, and with an EITHER YOU OR YOUR COMPETITIOR attitude (Pure Don Alm), almost anyone could collect 1400 bux (four ads) and in TODAY'S case, walk away with a half of day's work to do, and a profit of 1300 NOT the measly nine we made in the old days.

Just one example.

So, I ask a simple question...have businesses today totally quit advertising or are there a few who still feel the need to get their name out to the people...if you have a few in your area, and a restaurant or other busy traffic center, all you would have to do is offer something for FREE in exchange for the names of their plumber, insurance man, dentist, chiro, barber, auto guy, etc.,

STOP them at 4, you're done for the day, go finish the board and play a round of golf, unless you want to make more, then go to the next restaurant/place down the street and REPEAT.

Just one example.

Are you sure you want to pass on the new MLM, all you need is two people who know two people who know two people who...

ah, never mind.

Gordon