View Single Post
Old May 30, 2021, 02:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I think it's a pretty great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Since you have a fund manager in the family, here is an idea.

How about Seeds Of Wisdom Special Purpose Vehicle where members can make micro investments into other members' projects?

A closed crowd funded venture, maybe try a small test, what do you think? Too much red tape still in Oz? US has relaxed requirements and the article you linked to shows there is a demand.

New forum? Seeds of Wealth? Micro investors.
Hi Gordon,

That's a really great idea - Let me think about it a little, maybe we can talk about it in email or by Skype or Zoom... I like it a lot, though...!

By the way, you're right, Australia does have a lot of red tape compared to the US. I've looked into both countries regarding promoting investments (as I'm a dual-citizen of both the USA and Australia, thanks to an accident of personal history)... Of course, it's good to be on the right side of things to make sure you don't get in trouble with the SEC in the US.

I have some ideas on how to stay out of trouble regarding this!

When promoting investments (particularly investments in your own company), there are often limitations on who you can offer it to. In most cases, you can't offer it to the general public without "going public" to my understanding. But... often you can offer it to accredited investors, and to your own existing contacts... (But, please, nobody should take this as legal advice!)

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : May 30, 2021 at 02:52 PM.