View Single Post
Old September 27, 2000, 12:52 AM
Dien Rice

Default Farmer's wisdom....

Hi John,

I believe there's a lot of deep "farmer's wisdom" out there, from the American heart-land....

Thank you for sharing that story from Steve Goodier, his books look like they would be a wonderful investment, giving you inspiration for many years in those times when you need it.... This sort of wisdom never grows stale.... :)

I have my own book collections of stories here, which I dip into when I feel down....

And the world's greatest spiritual and religious works are full of wonderful, inspirational stories....

My father's father was a farmer, their farm was near Coldwater, Michigan.... And while my Dad always worked in the city as an adult, he's a country-boy at heart, so we've almost always lived near the edge of the city, right on the edge of the peaceful country-side....

I'm going to ask him for any inspirational stories he has from growing up on the farm.... I know that growing up on a farm taught him the value of hard work, and kept him down-to-earth. While many city-slickers (including me) may shudder at the thought of waking up at 5 am to shovel manure for several hours, I admire those who have done it and their down-to-earth nature....

Thank you John for taking the time to post some great words of wisdom!

Dien Rice

Books by Steve Goodier....