SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 2, 2000, 10:06 PM
Dien Rice

Default Finding those hidden talents....

Hi Julie,

I checked out your brother-in-law's web site, www.plainandtall.com , it's pretty good! :) He seems to be a very talented fellow! :)

> What do you suppose my degree is in? It
> might surprise you to find out!

Now, you've made me EXTREMELY curious! Julie.... what is it in? :) You can whisper it to me if it's a secret.... :)

I believe that we all have talents beyond what we realize.... I'm sometimes so incredibly surprised at the things I find myself doing.... :)

But if I didn't put myself out there, took a risk (usually a risk of rejection), I never would have discovered some of my own potentials....

And I think it's not only true of me, but it's true of everyone....

I feel very lucky, I know some very talented people (many of them post right here on this forum).... But sometimes I see an incredible talent in people, which they don't really recognize themselves.... If that's the case, then if the opportunity presents itself, I mention to them the incredible talent I feel that they have.... But you have to get out and DO something....

A friend of mine has spent years trying to be a bass guitar player in a successful band, but never made it.... But then, he got this idea in his head for a movie script....

He took the time, and wrote the script, fleshed it all out. He doesn't even have a computer, he typed it all out on a very old laptop computer (which still ran WordPerfect using DOS!) which he borrowed....

Writing the first draft took him many months, and he spent more months polishing it up....

He's now shown it to several actors, who think the script is fantastic, and he's starting to realize he has a real talent for writing, and especially for dialogue, that he never realized before!

But if he never spent those months writing that script, he may never have known....

He's not a success in this yet, but I'm convinced he'll succeed in SOMETHING probably related to this. He really has a talent.... Though it's not the talent that I think is the important point....

It's the fact that he may NEVER have discovered his talent if he didn't sit down and follow his own "intuition" and write down the movie script he had in his head....

I think that sometimes our subconscious minds know what's best for us, and it's a matter of letting that "intuition" and "gut feeling" lead us in the right way....

Life is something wonderful, so go for your dreams....

Whether they are small or large dreams, it doesn't matter, just DO something and give it a try! :)

Thanks for a groovy post, Julie... :)

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. I don't remember if I've said this before, but I'm a BIG fan of Julie's web site too.... If you haven't checked it out, please do. It's the web site with the most intense PASSION online, and that's really saying something! :)

Julie's wonderful web site