SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 6, 2000, 10:35 PM
Julie Jordan Scott

Default Judges and Remote Hypnosis from 20 or so feet..........

Hey Everyone!

Dien got me thinking about legal stuff and then I got to thinking about principles of remote hypnosis by communicating without actually speaking, and it was reminded me of some very strong influence I had in a legal matter for one of my clients when I worked for the County.

Hang with me a second, there are some lessons here.

I went to court for a client, but really had no legal standing there, I was not his attorney, but I was his Conservator so I needed to advocate for him even in this criminal court setting, which was unfamiliar for me.

I had done my research, spoon fed the attorney representing my client mental health law, so he knew exactly the facts of mental health law and how they affected this particular issue in the criminal code. I did not know the judge, but I did know the attorney for many years (he used to work with my former husband in the same firm).

The attorney was thrilled with me because I made him look smart, which was part of the plan, but the crucial player was the judge. I knew I would have to do something extra to be sure my client received the outcome I wanted.

I walked into the courtroom, and I sat in the audience. I could see my client with the other inmates up front, dressed in green. Unlike everyone else in the audience, I was very well dressed in a professional yet colorful dress (one of my favorites, black with a fuschia block across the shoulders. Hard to describe but very pretty!). I wore my hair down and flowing, to contrast with the professional clothing.

As soon as my client's name was mentioned, I stood, without looking at the judge and walked toward the attorney, and handed him an additional piece of paper. I could see peripherally that the judge noticed. I had interrupted the banality of his day. I had brought additional attention to my client, who prior to this moment just looked like another guy in green.

The attorney mentioned "Miss Scott provided details about XYZ client, and Miss Scott this and that and blah blah blah".

And sure enough, my client got exactly what I outlined to the letter.

I never spoke with the Judge....but influenced him greatly. He mentioned me in his decision.

And several months later, I was out for pizza, wearing sweats with my hair in a ponytail chasing my kids and guess who I bumped into?

My favorite Superior Court judge! And he still remembered me, even though I was not in my carefully planned outfit, timed movement, or carrying information laden legal summaries!

Interesting memory........

Thanks, Dien, for bringing it up!

With Purpose and Passion,

JULIE