SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11, 2007, 06:32 PM
Pete Egeler

Default Re: Wal Mart Used Cars?

Jason,

The $500 that they were charging was PER MONTH! Not bad in my book but the folks that owned the stand thought it was highway robbery.

Never could figure that out since the lady that owned the carts "claimed" in a conversation we had, that she was making an easy $300-$400 per day. (Clear).

I'll keep an eye out as the weather warms to see if she has a change of heart. In fact, if I could talk my wife into it, I'd try to scrape up the cash to buy my own cart, go ahead and retire, and do that. I KNOW I'd probably make more than I do working for Lowe's.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Pete works at Lowes, so I would assume that he knows.

Pete, I would assume that you working at the local Lowes, you would have determined by now that several people that visit the Hotdog cart are regular customers.

Why not offer the operator of the cart a way to pre-sell 10-20 worth of product in advance, via pre-paid cards.

These could be careds that you sell them for a profit.

Jim wouldn't it be better for you if you could give the cart guy $10-$20 once a week, vs. giving him $3-$4 in cash every time you passed him.
I would also wager that the regular clients would, over a period of time, spend more money at the Lowes hotdog stand knowing that they have
a lunch that they have already paid for!
Think about it Pete.
I bet you could figure a way to make a few extra bucks right from the Lowes at which you work.

If you want help, I'm available.
Lets talk,
Jason