SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default Part TWO, identify YOUR market.

In the first post I showed you how I researched and did my due
diligence on the Headlight Cleaning marketplace.

Then I turned my attention to the product Boz wanted to bring out,
a complete manual on how to do it.

Who would want this manual?

Well, I'm pretty savvy in the Biz-Op field and I know if there is
a low cost franchise for a service business, there are hundreds of guys
who want to do it, but don't want to invest money in the franchsise or
distributorship...

these are MY people. Fly Low and Collect the Dough. Entrepreneurs who
like an all cash business without getting bogged down in a business.

My friend Jim Staw says he gets mail every month that says, "Jim, I don't want
to start a business, I just want to make some money."

I'd say there are a few million guys like that. Which is why my Chatteling
products are so attractive.

Anyhow, I instinctively know this market, but you should use Google again and do some keyword searches for work from home, low cost businesses to start, go to Entrepreneur and look over their offerings...
in other words, investigate to see what sort of products are out there and
where are they being sold, and who is buying them.

I gave Boz the estimate that he would probably slow down after the initial
first 1500 copies were sold. I also told him, 1000 of those buyers won't really do it, maybe piddle around and get Aunt Lucy and some family members to let him make a few bucks. It is the nature of the Biza-Op market.

Everyone who has ever sold a money making HOW TO, knows and understands the majority of your buyers are satisfied with your manual or book or report sitting on their library shelf and never really doing it.

And this comes to my COPYWRITING STYLE. I have an Anti-Copywriting style...

in other words, HYPE is at a minimum. I try to show what is involved, how much it costs, so I can eliminate the NON buyers with my copy.

I've been involved in eye tracking studies and know how people online read copy, so I put a few skimming speedbumps in their way.

Most readers want to know:

What is this? Can I do it? HOW MUCH? Can I REALLY DO IT? So they go back and read the copy.

I'm happy to lose 90% of the people who hit the promotion in the first few minutes. Thanks for looking, don't let the virtual door hit you in the butt.
NOT an attitude, but my copy seeks those people who can THINK about what is involved.

They have to form their own conclusions, I don't try to manipulate them to buy something.

If you've followed my writing for awhile, you see a pattern of here it is, take it or leave it.

Personally, I'm annoyed with the hype and copy we see online trying to sell those 2000 buck launches and for all things Internet Marketing.

LOOK, you're an intelligent person (I think of my readers)...here is what I have to offer...
here is the price...
buy or don't...doesn't matter to me.

I'd rather have people buy who really think they are going to benefit from this, and they always do, even if their only benefit is to expand their library...I'd much rather have you for a customer than
some guy who is looking for magic, silver bullets and buys into the Internet Marketer's hype of
get rich quick...

we adults don't need to be hypnotized, NLP'd on, manipulated, or secret copywriting persudaded to make
a decision

IF all the facts are presented.

That's how I roll with my copy.

Which takes us back to product development. I just recently left a snide reply to a guy who is trying to sell one of those "get laid" products. His promotion was offensive and "putrid" in my opinion.

Why go into that kind of market just because you think you can make a buck off of some desperate guy who is simply lonely. Hey, in my next post, I'm going to reveal the secret to some of you younger guys on how to meet women and be happy, may not get you LAID, but,
hopefully even our younger SowPub readers are more mature than THAT...OOPS got off track...

Those who have been around know I'm a Ben Suarez trained marketer and I haven't found a system which tops his Net Profits Generator System NPGS...which has the four components...
PROSPECT
PRODUCT
PROMOTION
MEDIA

In the Boz project I knew my media would be the www Internet.

I knew the PRODUCT fit into a large category of biz-op (which I do NOT use with any negative connotation attached, please don't infer it)...

I know Biz-Op. It is a field of HOPE filled with scamsters, scumbuckets and sydicated hucksters.

But, it is also a field, which can change a person's life.
Find the right opportunity that fits you, and something you can do without moral conflict, and be proud of, you'll come away as believer in what you do.

So, the headlight cleaning manual is for handy guys or gals, who can operate a cordless drill.

My PROSPECT is not afraid of getting his hands a little dirty, eliminates the IM crowd, good!

My PROMOTION tells what it is, and the price, take it or leave it, thank you very much.

When you are investigating either a biz-op or a product to develop to a niche group, use the NPGS four part formula.

Ask questions. Who is my prospect? What do they want/need? Does my PRODUCT give them this?

How and where do I find them? What should my promotion say to them?

ASK yourself, WHO do I want as a customer? In my case, I eliminate the best I can those people looking for an IM, Internet Marketing solution, even though, I've sold many virtual products over the years and use IM and I'm fairly adept at it...I don't teach it and don't want those
people as my customers...

YOU decide you want.

In Summary,

Determine your MARKET, your PROSPECT who, hopefully will become a lifetime customer.

Brainstorm and then create or ACQUIRE your product. Guys like me are for hire to help you create your own prodcut. I've helped many people and my name is nowhere to be found on their product, that is what a ghost writer will do.

In the case of the Boz, he'd rather not be out in front, so I got my name on the product and we're doing a joint venture.

Use the NPGS four parts.

Promote and advertise your product, IF you find the need to write IM HYPEY COPY, maybe you should reconsider your product, OK?

In the next part, some super secrets never shared with anyone before.
GJA

Last edited by GordonJ : November 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM.