SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14, 2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Default First thing Shelby, we're happy you are doing it.

It is great to see someone embrace chatteling as a money maker.

Now, as for your craigslist or local ad, give em a reason for the price.

I'm suspect of chattel which is way under priced, but, I GET the need for fast cash now and then.

MUST sell today. My loss your gain.

Unexpected bill came up, need cash today. No haggling, first person with the cash gets this great deal.

See? Give em a good reason for the good deal they are getting.

As per the spelling, don't worry, I'll take care of it, it may not be important but we get indexed quickly in Google and so it helps with our traffic, again, no biggie, I can correct it.

Go back to your plan. Use 100 and try to get 200. So, I'd offer the grill TODAY ONLY for 200 or since you can deliver, 260 delivered.

These sort of double deals are frequent at this lower level...the more something costs (as a very general rule and I do mean general) the longer it sits.

But since you are devoting a few hours a day, 5 days a week, we want you to be successful, so don't take this as criticism. You live in one of the GREAT chattel areas of the country, too much in fact.

But set up your time. For example, if you giving 3 hours a day, then spend the first hour every morning searching for stuff. You cell phone is your best friend. When you do find something ASK if they have anything else for sale, sometimes people have other "junk" in their garages.

I think you can get quickly up to 1000 bux, then you can divide it, use 500 for those 500 dollar deals, 250, 125 and 100 sort of thing, now you can find 3 or four things which can be flipped quickly.

Also, ASK the seller if they would be interested in buying X or bartering or trading. Most will want cash, but it doesn't hurt anyone to ask.

Try this, search for Bicycle shops in your area. Visit one a day or a few in one day...tell the guy you buy and sell and ASK what kinds of bikes he would buy and look at what he has to sell.

NOW, spend one week looking (a few minutes a day) for those kind of bikes.

IF you see one, and it looks like a good deal, you can pick it up, like Cornell did with the wicker stuff and have a ready buyer, so it is possible to make 40 bux while you are on your way to and from other deals. See?

One secret for craigslist, DON'T look all that professional and create videos, especially like the one you did...I want to buy from someone who needs money not from some professional who has time to make video...it is a turn off.

Use the four pics, don't be afraid to misspell in your ad, LOOK like you MUST sell this thing, and give them a reason why to buy today.

I avoid fancy looking ads for personal property, it tells me the person is a chatteler or picker if you prefer and so I "normally" don't buy from them.

Also, look East to West, and one side of town to the other. Buy over here, sell over there. ONLY 12 miles makes a difference, that is the average distance a low cost chatteler will travel to buy something.

We want you to succeed, we like DO er s here, you are doing, and we want to help.

Gordon Alexander