SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 1, 2015, 08:44 PM
RickC

Default Re: The PERFECT business for you...

I like the Harvey Brody Model.

Any type of business that provides residual income is the model I would like to employ. To do the work once (and tweak here and there), and continue to receive income months and years later would be awesome.

I considered looking into Amazon FBA. However, you must constantly provide Amazon with products. Amazon is also in control of the rules. It may be a good business model, but you are really at the mercy of Amazon. Ebay was a great place to sell goods years ago (and still is to a degree), but they changed the rules and fee structure so much, I don't deal with them much anymore.

I like the method that Don talks about with the videos. This has residual income potential. I believe Ryan McKinney did this model a few years ago with ranking videos in his Offline Legion report. Making the video is easy. Ranking them is not. Not for me yet, anyway. I tried as much optimization as humanly possible and I still cannot get a Vid to rank at or near the top of page 1 and stay there. Also, I have never seen actual proof of how many of these page 1 videos get calls. The calls need to justify the monthly rental. Not saying it doesn't work. I just have not seen any call volume from anyone ranking video for local businesses.

The video method is also related to another topic covered by Paul James, which is Google My Business. This is helping businesses rank in the top of the seven pack, which isn't too difficult to do since many local businesses fail to rank here. Many that do can be overtaken by their total lack of SEO knowledge. Many rank there just because they are lucky. BUT....do these businesses that rank in that seven pack actually get a consistent number of calls? Again, I read and hear that they do. I have not seen any actual proof. Creating a generic website related to a hot niche and ranking it for a local business would be golden. I hear many are paying monthly fees of $997.00 per month to rank here. Depends on the niche. So they must be getting the calls? Right?