SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2015, 06:31 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: HARVEY BRODY - Long Lost Article On The King Of The VIRTUAL CORPORATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsansi View Post
Good article... was never real familiar with Harvy's work.

Sounds a lot like what Joseph Cossman does... and the late Jim Straw. His finders system works (I've pocketed money using it), even though it's dated the principle of it is as relevant as ever.

The thing is, in the world of business... equipment, machines, materials, raw goods and stuff are bought and sold everyday. And _every_ business on the planet has "stuff" sitting in a closet or warehouse that is valuable to someone else.

As a young entroopeneer in Chgo I had the opportunity to attend one of Joe Cossman's Seminars. WOW...what an experience.

It was held in a HUGE venue called "McCormick Place".....in their BIG Auditorium. Mr Cossman was VERY personable and Informational. I paid to be in his After Seminar Private Meeting where about 30 of us were allowed to show Joe our "Product" whereupon he would look at your product, ask questions AND....give HIS rendition of it's potential and suggest ways to market it!

This was an AWESOME experience for me. I showed him my "Baby Bib" and "Teeny Bopper" and "Home Alarm" products.

I was a member of his "Insider Squad" for awhile where he'd send items he was considering promoting. One of these items was called The SPUD GUN.... where he went on to sell jillions.....along with the "ANT FARM".

He was a MASTER Marketer. Example; One day his wife noticed a Duck and 4 or 5 of her babies in their swimming pool. She called Joe out and he brought his camera to take pictures to send to the local newspaper (The LA Times)

However.....Joe also brought out a carbboard box used for shipping one of his products (I forgot which one) so that when he took photos of momma duck and babies he made sure his BOX ....with Great Graphics was IN THE PHOTO!

He knew the paper would love to run a story about a wild duck and her kids in and around his swimming pool.....AND.....he made sure that all the photos he sent had HIS BOX in.

Anyways.....I even went to some of the "New Product" or "Inventor" Shows he had a booth in. And when Joe had a chance, he'd go visit other vendors and check whether they'd be interested in having HIM promote their products.

Wonderful experience.

Thanks for mentioning Joseph Cossman (How I Made a Million in Mail Order)

Don Alm