SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 1, 2015, 03:11 PM
Don Alm

Default WOW! Another BONANZA!

Excuse me folks BUT.....I STILL get "Super-Excited" when I discover a New & Different way for ME to.....make money!

So....on our Memorial Day BBQ Church BBQ I "happened" to come across a gal who lost her Secretarial Job and went into Selling Real Estate. Even though real estate is starting to pick up.....she....being a newcomer....does NOT have the contacts or referrals that most of the other Agents have...so....she's having a tough time getting Listings or Selling other agents listings (for which SHE can make 3% of the sale)

So.....me .....as the "Money-Making Idea Guy" in my town.....she comes over to me and asks if I would have any "Money-Making Ideas for her in the Real Estate Biz"!

Well.....guess what.....I DO!

So.....something I did back when QR Codes were first announced was.....I went to Craig's List for my area......saw some Ads that local RE Agents had posted and noticed that almost ALL of them had 6 to 10 PHOTOS of the properties they were selling.

So.....I got one of my many HOT FLASHES: "Why don't I right click the Photos.....put them into a folder.....go to the free MS program "Photo-Story3" and make a Video of some of the properties that RE Agents have posted."

So.....I grabbed photos from 5 Listings.....made a PS3 Video (I like PS3 mainly because it has a feature in it where the SHOT" with each photo can be formatted such that I can start the View from one corner of the Photo and.....move across the Photo or....expand to the full photo.

Or...start out with the FULL Photo and zoom down to a corner.....thus, GIVING THE APPEARANCE OF......MOVEMENT!

Here's an example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn4AyApvz1E

OK....this is a ForSaleByOwner video AND.....it gave me experience for what I'M REALLY AFTER.....VIDEOS FOR REAL ESTATE AGENT LISTINGS...along with a QR Code TO the Video!

Now.....the "Pent-Up" demand for Home Buying bubble has BURST......homes are starting to sell again. This means MORE RE Agents will have a better chance to make some SERIOUS BUX again.....HOWEVER.....there IS competition! EVERY Agent is each Agent's Competitor....for sales AND Listings!

Now....what If I were to show these "Hungry" Agents a way....for them to CASH IN by either "Having a POWERFUL Way to Sell Houses" and, "Get MORE Listings?!

So.....as I went about my "Research" of how RE Agents are trying to sell their Listings.....I noticed one thing: THEY WERE ALL DOING THE SAME THING!.....just placing a For Sale Sign on in front of the property!

So.....this is May of 2015.....when MOST people looking for Homes To Buy HAVE.....some kind of Mobile Device with them as they are "carausing the neighbor they'd like to live in"......BUT......one thing I noticed....ALL the For Sale Signs were the SAME.....!

So.....my thought was; WHY NOT CREATE A VIDEO OF THE HOUSE ....AND.....A QR CODE THAT HOUSE-HUNTERS CAN ......SCAN.....AND SEE THE VIDEO OF THE HOUSE.....RIGHT THERE.....IN THEIR VEHICLE!!!

YOU kiddin' ME! The first Agent I mentioned this to told me; "Hey Don, a Video Tour WITH a QR Code on the Sign so House-Hunters can INSTANTLY get the Facts on the House PLUS.....a Photo of ME and how to contact ME!

"I don't care what it costs.....I'M IN!"

So.....my "student" landed 3 Agents this week and is NOW.....relieved from "Money-Worries" because.....she NOW knows how to EARN MONEY from other realtors with her "Service" of providing
VIDEO TOURS with QR CODES to RE Agents!

Don Alm.....STILL coming up with "Money-Making Hot Flashes"