SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 2, 2015, 02:52 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: Joe Karbo: Rare Television Interview

Right after the Karbo Video is a Seminar Video by another mail order guy named "T.J. Rohleder who inspired me to get into mail order with his and his wife Eileen's little booklet "Dialing For Dollars".

Over the years, I watched as TJ and Eileen proceeded to do seminars and come out with many products from their home in a small town and went on to sell $150 MILLYUN mail order products.

The TURN KEY CASH PROGRAM" is one I still have a copy of. And, I was a member of Jerry Buchanon's Newsletter. Jerry was another Mail Order Magnate.

What got Jerry into Mail Order was when he bought a house and large lot in Vancouver, WA.....he found his land was covered with Mole & Gopher HOLES. The local Farmer's CO-OP's solutions didn't work BUT.....he lived right across the road from a Golf Course and one day he noticed the Golf Course did NOT have any Mole & Gopher Holes.....so.....he went over and asked the head grounds keeper what HE was doing to get rid of the Moles & Gophers.

When the groundskeeper told Jerry the Plant to plant around his property, Jerry got a "Hot Flash"; "Why don't I make up a booklet about "How To Rid Your Property of Moles & Gophers"!

So....Jerry made up the booklet and ran Classified Ads in 3 or 4 Farmer's Magazines ....."How To Rid Your Property of Gophers and Moles. Send $3 to Box___________"

So....ads in magazines usually take 8 to 10 weeks so.....Jerry placed the Ads and went about his business. Then....one day he got a call from the local Post Master; "Hey Jerry, we've got 4 bags of envelopes here with YOUR Name on them.....can you come down and pick them up?"

Well.....Jerry was overwhelmed and this was the start of his Mail Order biz.

Back in 1990 when my wifee and I moved to Roseburg, Oregon....I took a ride up to Vancouver, WA to see if I could see Jerry...and as luck would have it.....I found Jerry at home and he and I spent the next 6 or 7 hours talking about Mail Order, Marketing and Promotion stuff and we kept in touch for the next few yrs until Jerry passed.

HE inspired me to take my "FAX-BULLETIN" and "DAILY FAX" programs and sell them thru the Mail.....which I did for 4 or 5 yrs.

In fact it was Jerry who came up with the Title of my "Fax Bux Course"; "How To Make $700 A Day....Sending Faxes".....which I "funneled" into a $795 Course and sold thousands.

Thank you Duane, for your remembrance

Don Alm.....long-time entroopeneer