SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 17, 2016, 08:16 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Choosing the money making opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

So, know what you want.

If you want a 50k a month opportunity, find someone doing it, and try to stick to his plan.

A good way to start is with money, the amount you think you would like to make at the end of the year. THEN, you can create plans from the goal back to where you start.

Again, I doubt you get to 50k a month painting addresses on curbs.

GordonJ

I can vouch for that, in good areas painting curbs I use to make $200 to $800 for every day I posted magic marketing flyers on doors and panted curbs or install reflective address signs.

Then Lawrence who I got to know from SOWPUB showed me how to take it to to next level by seeding an area with a few signs and then going door to door with a sample sign in hand... show and tell... and as you said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I guess my USP in almost all of it is, I'm willing to do what the others won't do. I'm not afraid of people.

Knocking on doors and talking to people does not make me break out in a cold sweat.

So, I'm iffy on the whole USP thing, and to be honest, I would advise people to BE the USP, and not try to find one. If you do, then, you too...

will have NO competition.

Make sense?

GordonJ

Being willing to Knock on doors and talk to people is something most people just won't do. Knocking on doors alone isn't going to get you to $50,000 per month.

David Ashley, the founder of Address America started by painting addresses on curbs and became a multimillionaire by teaching others to address houses using his marketing material and selling them the supplies to do the job.

A gusty person can still earn a good income knocking on doors selling stuff, but training a bunch of people to sell for you is much more profitable. There's power in numbers. Show and tell... to make money...show and sell something of value... to make more money.... show more to sell more.

An affiliate of a Clickbank product has the potential to make a couple of hundred a day... but the vendor who created the product can potentially have thousands of affiliates each making him or her $10 a day. 1,000 affiliates selling something of value that you supply can earn you $50,000 a month and more.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited by SteveSki : August 17, 2016 at 08:27 AM.