SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28, 2016, 05:13 PM
ron lafuddy

Default Where there's smoke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Trump made a big mistake in the primaries - and he's paying for it now. It was completely preventable.

It's all about good strategy.

I've been watching Donald Trump closely ever since he announced himself to be in the presidential race. I'd been a fan of Trump - I read "The Art of the Deal" and I've praised it many times in this forum. I enjoyed watching The Apprentice for many years too.

Trump did some amazing things during his primary run. One thing he did was use "controversy marketing" to soak up all of the attention. Nobody else could compete in the media! The fact there were so many competitors in the Republican primaries actually helped Trump, I think. Plus, for most of the primaries, his competitors were more intent on attacking each other than attacking him. I think the reason for that was because they didn't take him seriously.

However I think Trump made a strategic error in the primaries, and we're seeing the consequences now.

In a primary, whether it's Republican or Democrat, the candidates generally do not attack each other too strongly. The reason why is they know that those words will come back to hurt the eventual candidate in the general election - and they still want their own party to win.

However, this is Donald Trump's first electoral contest of any kind. He either didn't realize this is how it works, or he didn't care. He attacked his opponents in very fierce ways, with no holding back. For example calling Jeb Bush "low energy" is a way of cutting him down almost totally, and cutting directly at his competency. Or, accusing Ted Cruz of having a father who was somehow associated with the JFK assassination, that's pretty strong stuff.

The reason why that was a mistake by Trump is that others eventually realized that they had to attack Trump very strongly in return, just to survive. We saw this closer to the end of the Primaries especially by Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz - and Mitt Romney threw his hand in for good measure.

Of course, we are seeing the result of this now in the general election. Hillary has a video/TV ad which only consists of video of Republicans attacking Trump. However, many of these attacks on Trump were actually responses to Trump having not held back in attacking them.

Trump's very strong attacks in the primary were good for him in the short term when he was in the primaries, but they have come back to hurt him in the general election. I predicted (to myself) that this would happen back then, and I thought it was a strategic mistake for Trump... It's fascinating to me to see it played out as I thought it probably would in the general election...

Strategic early mistakes can hurt you eventually, even if it doesn't hurt you right away (and may even temporarily help you)!

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien,

I see it another way.

What Trump doesn't say, is sometimes more interesting than what he does say.

Calling Ted a "Liar" is one thing.

But, charging that his father Rafael Cruz, associated with Oswald and was perhaps connected somehow with the JFK assassination?

Hmmmmmm......??

I've always wondered about this peculiar film showing Oswald passing out leaflets on a street corner in New Orleans. Every network that has ever run a program on the Kennedy assassination, has a copy of it. What was Oswald doing to attract such media attention?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1F_G5ku7KM

Whose idea was it at the news station, to eat the expense and send a cameraman out there to record him?

How did the film manage to survive all these years?

Where was it kept and by whom?

It's obviously of commercial quality. No fuzzy, grainy Zupruder stuff here. No jerkiness either, indicating that the camera wasn't hand-held.

Also of interest is how the actors...er, ah... I mean... people passing by, pretend not to notice the obvious camera.
Heck, even Oswald smiles and acknowledges the camera. Very odd.

Who made the film and for what purpose?

On another day, Oswald got into a "scuffle" with police, while passing out the leaflets and was arrested.

Someone "just happened" to be there with a movie camera, to film the "arrest".

Sure nuff! It's at the 3:50 mark in this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y5pN3iOk70

Two men were arrested with him, one with the last name of Cruz.

I know! I know! Just a coincidence. After a while, the "coincidences" sure do add up, don't they?

Notice in this Warren Commission document, regarding the arrest records, that Oswald had an "FBI identification record" in his coat pocket at the time of his arrest. Whoops!

http://www.history-matters.com/archi...26_CE_2895.pdf

So, you might ask the obvious question: Is there any proof to show that Rafael Cruz, ever even lived in New Orleans?"

Why, yes, there is. The draft registration that he filed in 1967, at the age of 28. Just a few years late, it shows a New Orleans address for his residence.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...ncard19671.jpg

What are the chances that Rafael Cruz, who at one time, looked like the guy in question in the 1963 film, would have a residence in that same city, in 1967?

Gotta be just another coincidence, right??

And so we have circumstantial evidence which strongly suggests the possibility of something. Strange connections that are still being discovered and discussed in 2016. As for Trump's comments. He always allows for his listeners to fill in the details, in their own way, as I've done here.

The mystery surrounding the JFK assassination, which has taken over 50 years and millions of man hours to research and try to unravel, just gets "deeper" with time.

Ron

Last edited by ron lafuddy : August 28, 2016 at 05:53 PM.