SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12, 2017, 01:35 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default In 99.999999% of cases, not everybody wants your product...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Do people really want to buy your thing? Really? What proof do you have of that? I remember talking to a guy who wrote a report on making your own loofa sponges and I asked him WHO would want that, and his reply flooored me...he said everyone. Everyone would want to buy his report on growing gourds and turning them into loofas, never mind you could buy them at the Dollar Tree or drug stores for less money than it cost to get the seeds for the gourds.

But he was like so many inventors and creators I've spoken with. They've spent so much time inside their heads, dreaming these things up, so much time just knowing it is going to be the next big thing, they lose touch with reality. Want some reality? Check your bank account, that is as real as it gets.
Hi Gordon,

Wow, what a great couple of posts!

I just wanted to share a saying I've heard or read somewhere...

It's the saying that... If you think everyone wants your product, then you haven't thought about who really wants your product deeply enough!

Now, it's true there are a few products that everyone does want... (A reliable, lead-free water supply springs to mind as an example!)

But it's not true for 99.999999% of products... Rather, those who think "everyone" wants it, in almost every case, simply hasn't thought about it hard enough... So they should give it more thought!

This is important, because if your promotions are not well-targeted, you're going to waste a lot of time and money promoting to people who don't want it.

Best wishes,

Dien