SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 15, 2020, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Default I am a fan of Marlon Sanders (why I'm not an affiliate is beyond me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samll View Post
I'm also with you on this one
I also think in about 10 years number of people working online or at home will be higher than the number o people that works directly in the office or on production

https://resellertoolkit.com/take-lid-off-asl/

In this current promotion, Marlon has a pic of the original SUPER BIZ which he says got his juices flowing. He, too, wanted those 70,000 dollar returning promotions like the one Ben Suarez did (he has pic of that too).

Now let me tell you a secret: while those guys, like Ben, were running full page ROP ads in daily newspapers and magazines, some little known and guys who liked to fly low and collect the dough...

were running small classified and small display ads in many of the off beat, little known, specialty pubs, newsletters and circulars where a dollar spent on ads returned 15 to 20 in profit. Sure, getting the 70K from a big promotion and a roll out could return huge profits, but a steady stream of small potatoes bread and butter profits, from 2 to 4k per eensy teensy little ads was worth some people's time too.

Around the time I was putting the PROFESSIONAL REMOTE DIRECT MARKETERS HOME STUDY COURSE together, I was moonlighting, as I had done for decades with little tiny projects which may not have brought in those big figures, but, without the slop and mess of employees, without a building and overhead, without staff, just a small one man band.

Now when Marlon sent his letter to us, and I talked about him in the NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE, he was on AOL, CompuServe, etc.

He saw the boom a coming and cashed in.

About the time we set SOWPUB up, I had made a decision NOT to go all guru, but to seek and find those online representations of those nifty little known publications and groups outside the limelight of the Great Lakes of the Internet or the big OCEANS back then, and stayed the course.

In the early 2000's we saw the explosion of the Launch and 2k products and the first million dollar days (or so was claimed), and not knowing overhead or costs, it is safe to say some of the guys did what Ben, Gary and others were doing offline, pulling in hundreds of thousands of dollars in a short period of time.

Some of that came with a cost, and we also saw some of more popular gurus face their own legal battles too.

My point is, if you have a market niche, no matter how small, and you serve it well, shine your skills on it, and develop an identity, you can keep the stream aflowing for decades and not have to wade into the shark, croc odile infested swamp of IM. Unless you want to.

YES, lots of opportunity TODAY for the action takers who have a plan and stick with it.

A well thought out plan, with adjustments to be made as it is executed.

Gordon