SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10, 2022, 10:12 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Information selling continued.

Hi Mike and Gordon,

I have to say, almost all of my consulting work has also been by referral... People have mentioned me to someone, who subsequently hired me...

Even those few which weren't by referral, I was already known by the person who hired me...

With info-products, you can sell to "cold" prospects or "warm" prospects...

So far, I've done best by first getting people to "opt-in" to a free email list... This means people get to know my writing for free. Then, I also promote my products... Usually, people are already "warm" prospects by the time they buy...

I think you need much stronger sales copy to sell directly to a "cold" prospect... I'm looking to improve my copy to sell better to "cold" traffic (which is harder to do than the way I mentioned earlier)...

I do believe that to sell info-products, it definitely helps to have good advertising copy. It's not a "known" product you're usually selling - it's something completely new to the prospect...

So people have to (1) be convinced it will help them with a problem or issue that they have, (2) be convinced that it's worth what you're charging for it, (3) be convinced they can trust you (and that you won't rip them off), and (4) be convinced that the risk is minimal (e.g. by offering a money-back guarantee, for example, or seeing many testimonials)...

I hope that helps!

- Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
INFORMATION.

First point. My experience when conferring with others who would want to build an Infopreneurial Empire, is...

they tend to OVERcomplicate it.

In my first response, I said: Consult via referral. Sell info to those ready to buy.

It is pretty much that simple.

I'm going to link to a short video.

https://youtu.be/Hr_sj4Cq6GM

If you don't have 8 minutes to watch it, skip to 2:22 and least see the VALUE SKEWS he presents.

My information product range has been from less than one page HOTSHEETS to several week courses...and just about everything in between.

Way back in 1997, I wrote on a forum somewhere, I HAVE NO COMPETITION which set off more than one guru who was trying to stomp out the competition.

Back then they spoke of WAR. Roll over your competition like a TANK. Nuke your competitors. Annihilate the competition, and on and on and on.

Why go to war if you don't have to? I knew my experiences were one of a kind and that in of itself is often the VALUE SKEW (or unique selling propostion or big idea) in your INFORMATION.

No one teaching the game of golf knows more about the swing than I do.

And how I was able to seperate myself from the clones of the PGA school of thought.

See, in the MJ DeMarco (FASTLANE MILLIONAIRE) video I linked, at the 2:22 mark he outlines what some of the Value SKEWS are, and anyone should be able to use this to help themselves identify how they could differentiate themselves in ANY information market.

Whether it be a HOTSHEET, a White Paper, a Mini Report, Special Report, book, course or membership site or group...there is only one you, and when you see yourself as the SKEW,

well, the world expands twice as much as when you discoved THE PROSPECT IS THE PRODUCT.

So, I guess YOU IS THE SKEW is the follow up to Prospect As Product.

The mechanics, details of delivery, all that, has been around for decades. And to keep it even more simple:

Money is an exchange of value. GET more money, by giving more VALUE

Gordon