SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 19, 2006, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default FREE MONEY; GREAT SEX (Everyday); FREE CHOCOLATE (for a lifetime) & FREE FOOTBALL

tickets.

Should catch a few eyes. But the (as Paul Harvey would say) "rest of the story" might be:

The money is in Confederate Currency; the sex is with the bearded lady of the circus (I know, it wouldn't matter to some of you)...

The Chocolate is the "milk" variety with a lot of wax added. YECCH!

And the tickets are to see the Cleveland Clowns play.

This just about sums up my opinion of most of the guru copywriter's ads...no matter how much product they have sold using KILLER copy, the products they hype are mostly junk and in some cases even harmful (ephreda comes to mind).

In MY opinion it is about the product.

And TIME.

Steve,

Your buyers can't start without some prep work. They need at least a CAMERA and someone to shoot. So whatever marketing you use to find these someone's has to be done before anyone in that business makes a dime.

And you say:

Plus I guarantee results or I’ll refund them double their money back!

Does that include the guy who just READS your course? They get DOUBLE the money back? Some guy named Kevin is looking for you (aka Refund Kev).

And YES, they "want to be rich", but they don't want to work for it.

Be it in MLM or photography, or advertising specialties THEY still have to do something for their income. And that is why all that crap at ClickBank sells, because of the promise of NOT having to do.

I have NO DOUBT that someone who got your course, and APPLIED what you teach could achieve the results you guarantee. But then I felt that way about many of Don Alm's products too.

YOU HAVE TO APPLY the information no matter who it is from...and alas, sigh, and oh my, TOO many people on the Internet don't, won't or can't...so a marketer might as well use the hype ads because it really doesn't matter (as a Dan Kennedy might say).

Chatteling works for those who want to work it. ANYONE reading this can find something in their homes (or online for FREE) in the next 5 minutes. They COULD post a FREE ad that will be seen...

And they COULD have that piece of CHATTEL sold within a half an hour. Without a penny out of pocket.
Without having a web site or being an affiliate.
Without having to find customers...the buyer will find them.

ANYONE!

And then they could afford to BUY (or in Kevin's case, to rent for a few days before he got double his money back)...YOUR course or any of 101 items for sale that gives them a LIFETIME income for as long as they CHOOSE to do it.

My issue is with DO.

And those that won't. But whine and complain and are the Kevin's of the world who will "buy" some information, but tell you they are going to get a refund before they even read the information. In my opinion, that is the biggest SCAM going online.

And maybe I'm beating a dead horse, maybe I should just "Dan Kennedy" it and not care what people do with my information.

But in the case of the Chatteling Club, and the Chatteling Networks...it depends on people HELPING people. So I want to make sure people know and understand that The Beginner's Guide to Chatteling Course is about doing.

And doing it as fast as you can. But just going fast in circles isn't productive either (but then there are those that have 8 years online too)...you have to do it the way it is KNOWN to work.

Anyone with a camera could start a photography business. BUT, they wouldn't get YOUR results unless they were doing it your way.

I'm honestly considering skipping the course and getting back to those other things that people WANT...like a Job, or a Business...I'm not going to be wasting my time with the Kevin's of the world.

Gordon J. Alexander