SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 24, 2022, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default A word on HOTSHEETS.

Mainly for new visitors, Dien is making social media efforts, and so they might have questions when they land at this strange little forum they never knew existed, as it has for 22 years now.

What makes most HOTSHEETS, hot=is time expiration. If they don't expire, I usually call them folios, or infosheets or infographics if they have a lot of, er, graphics on them.

So, a HOTSHEET I did in 1999, for the Y2K Coming apocolypse, will be very dated, and although they may exist on some ancient hard drive stacked in basement, I would be hard pressed to tell you which one they are on.

Fortunately, we've had members since the start, and honestly, some of you are better archivists than Dien and I have been, although Dien is pretty good.

Now, on some occassions, I call it a HOTsheet, when I think the information is really hot, although, it does not expire, like my persuasion one (601)

Also, a great amount of my work is unavailable, prior t0 2016, you'd have to ask Dien Rice about it, but even then, much of it is OFF MARKET, long ago, I decided NOT to join any guru groups who used a time limited offer, and watched as their clocks ran out, then renewed the next day.

I consider that slimy marketing, but it is embraced by many gurus.

When I say it is gone, as many of you know, it goes up in a puff of smoke and I am not inclined to visit the past.

I sort of remember the past, getting harder each day, but I still BEHOLD the future, and stay present in the Day, IT has enough need/want to take up most of my time and attention.

So, if you dive in the archives and come across a 12 year old post about one of my reports, folios, hotsheets or whatever, chances are it isn't going to resurface anytime soon.

HOWEVER, I'm here.

And I do still respond to questions, and comments on just about any subject or idea you have in mind, so ask away, just not personal, fair enough?

Gordon

Hotsheet 601 the original https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/influence.jpg

And both sides

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/persuasion1.pdf

Last edited by GordonJ : July 24, 2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old July 25, 2022, 08:22 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Why they're valuable...

Thanks Gordon!

What I really LOVE about hotsheets is how they are so easy to create...

You can create one in half an hour (if you know the topic)... and it's valuable...

It can be sold, used as a promotion... I've used hotsheets I've created as time-limited bonuses, if I want to make sales...

Whenever I find out about a hotsheet Gordon has created, I save it... So I do have an "archive" of Gordon's hotsheets...

Very... very... valuable to know about!

- Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Mainly for new visitors, Dien is making social media efforts, and so they might have questions when they land at this strange little forum they never knew existed, as it has for 22 years now.

What makes most HOTSHEETS, hot=is time expiration. If they don't expire, I usually call them folios, or infosheets or infographics if they have a lot of, er, graphics on them.

So, a HOTSHEET I did in 1999, for the Y2K Coming apocolypse, will be very dated, and although they may exist on some ancient hard drive stacked in basement, I would be hard pressed to tell you which one they are on.

Fortunately, we've had members since the start, and honestly, some of you are better archivists than Dien and I have been, although Dien is pretty good.

Now, on some occassions, I call it a HOTsheet, when I think the information is really hot, although, it does not expire, like my persuasion one (601)

Also, a great amount of my work is unavailable, prior t0 2016, you'd have to ask Dien Rice about it, but even then, much of it is OFF MARKET, long ago, I decided NOT to join any guru groups who used a time limited offer, and watched as their clocks ran out, then renewed the next day.

I consider that slimy marketing, but it is embraced by many gurus.

When I say it is gone, as many of you know, it goes up in a puff of smoke and I am not inclined to visit the past.

I sort of remember the past, getting harder each day, but I still BEHOLD the future, and stay present in the Day, IT has enough need/want to take up most of my time and attention.

So, if you dive in the archives and come across a 12 year old post about one of my reports, folios, hotsheets or whatever, chances are it isn't going to resurface anytime soon.

HOWEVER, I'm here.

And I do still respond to questions, and comments on just about any subject or idea you have in mind, so ask away, just not personal, fair enough?

Gordon

Hotsheet 601 the original https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/influence.jpg

And both sides

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/persuasion1.pdf
Old July 25, 2022, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default In the original report...all things "printable"...

Thanks Dien,

Today, there are COURSES for sale, by several people, who talk about printables...puzzles (including crossword), coloring sheets, calendars, all sorts of peieces of paper you can print and sell.

Joe Karbo got his weekly YACHT AND BOAT hotsheet, for which he paid a lot of coin for (20 bux I think, an issue)...but his group got first dibs on any boats that had a price reduction, a day before they were made public.

Those, plus the LIQUIDATION and CLOSEOUT hotsheets he would get, gave me the idea of a piece of paper, as a product. Or today, a simple PDF.

I still like to get things in the mail, so I look forward to my Scoopified, and other weird, unusual, and oft "underground", in plain brown envelopes (ha, who are these guys fooling>)....and most would be surprised how much mail is still being sent out here in da rels world.

The THING, which I always try to bring up, for just about any money making product or project is

WHO WILL PAY FOR IT???

That is the gravy train question, isn't it? KNOW the who, or group of Whos, and the rest is pretty simple, until we complicate it all.

If there isn't an expiration date, probably not a real hotsheet, more of a flier or adsheet, or folio, or something else.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Thanks Gordon!

What I really LOVE about hotsheets is how they are so easy to create...

You can create one in half an hour (if you know the topic)... and it's valuable...

It can be sold, used as a promotion... I've used hotsheets I've created as time-limited bonuses, if I want to make sales...

Whenever I find out about a hotsheet Gordon has created, I save it... So I do have an "archive" of Gordon's hotsheets...

Very... very... valuable to know about!

- Dien