SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 6, 2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default How to Manage Your Time and Still Eat, Drink and be Merry as an Elf on Christmas Eve

TIME.

We all get the same 24 hours a day. It is how you spend it that matters.

And we if started to think of TIME as currency, and understand that it, unlike currency, is indeed very LIMITED. Which brings us around to an UNDERSTANDING of...

it really doesn't matter if you chattel, or sell photos of pets, or market advertising or have an Internet business...or any of the 1001 other ways of making a living...

and because ONE way works for you, it may not work for others. I give a great amount of space in the bonus section of The Beginner's New GUIDE to Chattleing ( www.chatteling.com ) dedicated to this premise.

Some people are under the impression they might have to start going to garage sales, YECCH! in some minds, or hanging out in front of pawn shops, YIKES...

in order to get started Chatteling.

NO. You can do it ONE time, make enough to buy the course on Pet Photography or some Internet Marketing course and never chattel again.

Chattel when you want. For things you might already be interested in, like clocks...which is what takes Harvey Brody to the Southern California flea markets. Maybe you can find a camera to start your new photography business.

But none of that really matters. Just because Dan sells advertising and thinks that is great, or Johnny sells ebooks or Wendy sells sandwiches at work...

really doesn't matter, does it?

What does matter is how you spend your TIME. And if you are burning your currency as if it will last forever, THEN it is time to get moving in a different direction. It all goes back to WHAT YOU WANT. Even though Financial Freedom is a worthwhile goal, it has to go beyond that, because if that were your ONLY goal, then the ways and means wouldn't really matter, you'd find the way that would expedite the process.

BUT, what that means is usually doing it someone else's way...they have a plan or a program that you must FOLLOW to the letter, don't deviate from and IFFIN you does what you are told to do...then you can expect the same results.

ONE thing that amuses me is to see posts on the various forums from people who have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on an Internet Marketing course...and several months (or YEARS) later, they say it (the marketing course) is GREAT, and they've listened to a couple of the cd's, watched a little of the videos and SOON, or as SOON AS THEY CAN, they will IMPLEMENT the techniques and methods they paid hundreds, and even THOUSANDS of dollars for. But in the meantime can ANYONE show them a way to make a quick 100 bux before Friday.

TIME.

TIME marches on.
Tide and TIME wait for no man.
TIME flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a bannana (Groucho Marx).

I do my day in CHUNKS. Chunks of time of about 90 minutes to 2 hours. That is about as long as I can do anything...until my attention begins to wander; so I switch gears, do something different and then keep that process going throughout the day. It has served me well when I've been healthy.

And I constantly ask myself (cause I got little post its on my monitor and in my pocket)

WHAT are you spending these precious minutes on RIGHT NOW?

So maybe one or two of you might ASK yourself that question and perhaps, there is a better use of your precious TIME than the activity you are in engaged in at this moment. Eh?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. Perhaps my favorite TIME saying:

Baseball player: "What time is it?"

Yogi Berra: "You mean now?"

PSssst too: The Beginner's New GUIDE to Chatteling is one of the best things out there to spend a little time on. www.chatteling.com