SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 26, 2022, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Default Five hidden, little known markets which you can instantly profit from...

They are:

Jewelry. Sure everyone knows it is a huge market, but which easy to sell to niche is waiting to throw dollars at you?

Wood. Of course all things woodworking, including tools, but what is the fastest selling item which can put money in your hand tomorrow?

HOTSHEETS. You knew I had to say this one. I've shown you many over the years, but which type can you create in the morning and have sales in the afternoon? I know, do you want to?

Food. Yes, yes, yes, all food markets are evergreen, and CROWDED and saturated. But there is one splinter niche which few are in and the demand is booming, simple, easy to cash in on this one, I'm doing it.

Apps. Imagine your own app on millions of cell phones, and just a few dimes cost, can bring you in thousands of dollars, ez to create apps, your future??

There you go. Fresh, recently researched information which could be worth tons and boatloads of moolah to you.

Too busy to write a report, but maybe a two page hotsheet, if anyone wants it, I think a buck an idea is not too much to ask, is it?

If I have to create a promotion and salespage, offer a fuller report, bet your bippy the price rises accordingly.

This a fishing expedition, any interest? (May discuss privately if you want to create information or products for one of these as a JV with me).

Gordon
Old May 26, 2022, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Five hidden, little known markets which you can instantly profit from...

Sounds good to me

Already selling jewellery on ebay/Amazon so know some of what's selling but well open to other niches within this massive market!

Selling some wood on ebay/Amazon as well.

Hot sheets could easily be sold on regular sites (like the magick in another thread) - saves creating a website as the hungry crowd is likely already there & buying Kindle books for instance.
Old May 26, 2022, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default Number one jewellry niche is...

[quote=trevord92;42946]Sounds good to me

Already selling jewellery on ebay/Amazon so know some of what's selling but well open to other niches within this massive market!

Selling some wood on ebay/Amazon as well.

Hot sheets could easily be sold on regular sites (like the magick in another thread) - saves creating a website as the hungry crowd is likely already there & buying Kindle books for instance.[/QUOTE

I'm sure you know this, but the thought has to go toward the buyer...but #1 is the GIFT market, people buying for other people; graduation, birthdays, anniversary, special occasions

But as the GIFT giver is shopping, what are you (the general you jewellry seller) doing to grab the gift buyers attention? And what does every one want?

Your graduate will wear this with pride and have a touchstone to your heart.

Or, add the EMOTION of gift giving in the promotion, see if every piece you offer even brief explanations, include the emotional reward of giving a memorable and appreciated gift.

Lucky charms lead the way, cause who doesn't want to give someone a gift of luck?

Gordon
Old May 27, 2022, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Five hidden, little known markets which you can instantly profit from...

Many thanks Gordon - am mentioning the gift possibilities but need to change the wording so it's got more emotion in it.

And had already started adding lucky items to my stock after you mentioned them elsewhere. Thanks again!
Old May 27, 2022, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Default A suggestion, without knowing anything at all...

Wherever your visitors or shoppers come from, I would advise they see a BINARY choice, so for example, you have a pair of diamond earrings for sale, when your shopper first lands, maybe something like a button that says GIFT BUYERS SPECIAL, and the difference may be gift wrapping, or something like that. But when they click on that link, or scroll down, you can have the description (promotion) more slanted toward that buyer.

So, the earrings could be bought for self use, and the description would highlight compliments, how they make you feel, whereas the gift wrapping package would say things like life lasting memories and gratitude.

Small subtle changes, but it could increase sales for all items when approached like this.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord92 View Post
Many thanks Gordon - am mentioning the gift possibilities but need to change the wording so it's got more emotion in it.

And had already started adding lucky items to my stock after you mentioned them elsewhere. Thanks again!
Old May 27, 2022, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default TWO wood.

For 2,000 years the best selling personal wood made item, has been the CROSS. As a wall decoration, or as a stand alone, or even in jewelry, the wooden cross is an evergreen bestseller.

I think today, if I were a woodworker, I would have crosses of all kinds, as well as Stars of David, Crescent & Star. A customized one, maybe via woodburning, or with family pics, or initals, would also make a nice gift to the devout, and it is a very huge market place.

Gordon

PS You don't have to be a woodworker, I guarantee you'll find several in your neck of the woods, get prices, add a markup, and just be the middleman, see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
They are:

Jewelry. Sure everyone knows it is a huge market, but which easy to sell to niche is waiting to throw dollars at you?

Wood. Of course all things woodworking, including tools, but what is the fastest selling item which can put money in your hand tomorrow?

HOTSHEETS. You knew I had to say this one. I've shown you many over the years, but which type can you create in the morning and have sales in the afternoon? I know, do you want to?

Food. Yes, yes, yes, all food markets are evergreen, and CROWDED and saturated. But there is one splinter niche which few are in and the demand is booming, simple, easy to cash in on this one, I'm doing it.

Apps. Imagine your own app on millions of cell phones, and just a few dimes cost, can bring you in thousands of dollars, ez to create apps, your future??

There you go. Fresh, recently researched information which could be worth tons and boatloads of moolah to you.

Too busy to write a report, but maybe a two page hotsheet, if anyone wants it, I think a buck an idea is not too much to ask, is it?

If I have to create a promotion and salespage, offer a fuller report, bet your bippy the price rises accordingly.

This a fishing expedition, any interest? (May discuss privately if you want to create information or products for one of these as a JV with me).

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : May 27, 2022 at 10:44 AM.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default FOUR food. Can you say herb?

I'll give you ONE.

Turmeric, one of the hottest selling herbs out there. Start NOW, and next year you can begin to havest a new batch every week.

Herbs, and herb gardening offers delicious profits to those who either grow, or provide tools, seeds, or INFORMATION to those who want to grow their own.

Really, ya all should be paying for this

Gordon

Quote:
They are:

Gordon
Old May 27, 2022, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up Re: FOUR food. Can you say herb?

Quote:
I'll give you ONE.

Turmeric, one of the hottest selling herbs out there. Start NOW, and next year you can begin to havest a new batch every week.

Herbs, and herb gardening offers delicious profits to those who either grow, or provide tools, seeds, or INFORMATION to those who want to grow their own.

Really, ya all should be paying for this

Gordon

Gordon,

Ill be glad to pay for some more niche ideas in the food and wood topics (mostly food) . You gave great ideas
Old May 27, 2022, 11:44 AM

Thanks Gordon.

Not sure if I can do that on ebay or Amazon but I can certainly add extra bits into the sales blurb so will work on that!
Old May 27, 2022, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Default You've been a good customer, so, I'll send them for free.

Ernie, shoot me an email, I'll send you back several of the food ideas, OK? I appreciate you as a customer these many years, so thanks.

[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Gordon,

Ill be glad to pay for some more niche ideas in the food and wood topics (mostly food) . You gave great ideas