SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 15, 2022, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default 98 degrees, and rolling brown outs.

We are in for a long HOT summer, which isn't good.

Today, here in Northeast Ohio we're closing in on 100 degrees. Just too hot to even leave the house. So, as I bask in the AC (hoping the power doesn't go out) I'm doing a lot of "computer cleaning", so far I've gone through all my angelfire and drop box files, found some gold nuggets.

One of them is a great report, which I have the rights to sell, but I did not write it...and my agreement says I can sell it for no less than 8 bucks. OK then, send me 8 bux, via paypal, to [email protected] and I'll send you the report: THE SECRET PATH: Becoming a How-To Guru, Wizard, or Teacher in Your Niche. By Jimmy Krug.

Forgot I even had it. But I really love it. Great stuff, it helps you to identify your AVATAR, who you want to be or how you want the markets to see you.

Best 8 bux you can spend today other than bags of ice or popsicles.

I have a ton of these "affiliate" type products although I haven't done anything in years with them or with Clickbank, JV Zoo or WarriorPlus or Commission Junction, don't even know if they still exist.

Last big affiliate effort was with Jim Straw's stuff, and did pretty well with that. Sometimes, I forget that other people have some really good stuff too.
We have a Jimmy Brown PLR here too, another guy who created some good work too.

I like his presentation on copywriting, maybe I'll find that today and share it with you, or what I am allowed anyhows.

Although I no longer do affiliate marketing, it is still a viable way to get into IM quickly and easily, although over the years, no one has convinced me it beats creating and OWNING your own Intellectual Property which you can offer PLR if you want, I always prefer to be the owner, not the renter of other people's products.

I've come across some JV things too, from Pete Egler and Skip Rossell and even Bud Riggs, some SowPubbers no longer with us. I enjoyed working with these guys, and they all DID something, Pete and Skip had several little reports and Bud and I had a few on the back burner, we never got around to.

Pete did well with his hunting and fishing guides, Skip with his Craigslist works and Bud very well with headlight cleaning although his love was with pilots and he wrote some great reports about being a pilot.

I've never met a pilot who had more air time or as many take offs and landings as he did over a 25 year career as a crop duster. Bud was also a reknown airplane mechanic too and did consults right up til his death. He had an airstrip and hangar on his 200 acre N.M. Ranch, the Casa Redondo.

Anyhow, as I go through my hard drives, and cd, dvd and usb drives today, sucking on ice, eating homemade ice cream (no beans in this one)...I'll share my discoveries as I find them.

Stay hydrated, stay frosty as some might say.

GJA
Old June 18, 2022, 12:54 AM

Default I Just Cooked RAISIN BREAD in my Solar Oven By *GoSun*

Thanks Gordon,

Just sent You Ten Bucks for The AVATAR Report.

I can always Use another View Point. (I help people 1000's of miles away. Cuz I
can SEE Them and Their Biz More Clearly than They can. I Am No Different.)

Here in Maryland where I live.

My power goes out REGULARLY.

Trees fall on the lines.

Idiot Drivers go too fast on new asphalted country road. HIT a KINK in The Road
And EEEEEK. Car in the gutter.

3 Times cars have Killed Telephone poles in the last year.

12 to 24 hrs without JUICE.

AND all this BEFORE 100 Degree Heat.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - I also have a cheap Camping Stove. All I need are twigs and dry leaves.
Sun or no sun.

I can Cook.
Old June 18, 2022, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Default OH, I love raisin bread, want to share your recipe?

It was the days like this that had me chatteling some Honda generators a few years back, keeping a good one for just such occassions. I truly appreciate and are envious of your country lifestyle.

I'm just too old for that, needing creature comforts, like AC. Every time I read about you chopping wood, clearing brush, breaking out the sickle, or washing clothes...I get so tired I have to take a nap...in my very AC bedroom.

I think I need to resource some Generators too, there will be a lot of demand for them this summer.

Thanks for getting the Secret Path report, we can compare notes after you read it.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Gordon,

Just sent You Ten Bucks for The AVATAR Report.

I can always Use another View Point. (I help people 1000's of miles away. Cuz I
can SEE Them and Their Biz More Clearly than They can. I Am No Different.)

Here in Maryland where I live.

My power goes out REGULARLY.

Trees fall on the lines.

Idiot Drivers go too fast on new asphalted country road. HIT a KINK in The Road
And EEEEEK. Car in the gutter.

3 Times cars have Killed Telephone poles in the last year.

12 to 24 hrs without JUICE.

AND all this BEFORE 100 Degree Heat.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - I also have a cheap Camping Stove. All I need are twigs and dry leaves.
Sun or no sun.

I can Cook.
Old June 18, 2022, 01:39 PM

Default Re: 98 degrees, and rolling brown outs.

Gordon,
Eight bucks for the Secret Path was a steal of a deal. Appreciated being able to compare notes, too.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
We are in for a long HOT summer, which isn't good.

Today, here in Northeast Ohio we're closing in on 100 degrees. Just too hot to even leave the house. So, as I bask in the AC (hoping the power doesn't go out) I'm doing a lot of "computer cleaning", so far I've gone through all my angelfire and drop box files, found some gold nuggets.

One of them is a great report, which I have the rights to sell, but I did not write it...and my agreement says I can sell it for no less than 8 bucks. OK then, send me 8 bux, via paypal, to [email protected] and I'll send you the report: THE SECRET PATH: Becoming a How-To Guru, Wizard, or Teacher in Your Niche. By Jimmy Krug.

Forgot I even had it. But I really love it. Great stuff, it helps you to identify your AVATAR, who you want to be or how you want the markets to see you.

Best 8 bux you can spend today other than bags of ice or popsicles.

I have a ton of these "affiliate" type products although I haven't done anything in years with them or with Clickbank, JV Zoo or WarriorPlus or Commission Junction, don't even know if they still exist.

Last big affiliate effort was with Jim Straw's stuff, and did pretty well with that. Sometimes, I forget that other people have some really good stuff too.
We have a Jimmy Brown PLR here too, another guy who created some good work too.

I like his presentation on copywriting, maybe I'll find that today and share it with you, or what I am allowed anyhows.

Although I no longer do affiliate marketing, it is still a viable way to get into IM quickly and easily, although over the years, no one has convinced me it beats creating and OWNING your own Intellectual Property which you can offer PLR if you want, I always prefer to be the owner, not the renter of other people's products.

I've come across some JV things too, from Pete Egler and Skip Rossell and even Bud Riggs, some SowPubbers no longer with us. I enjoyed working with these guys, and they all DID something, Pete and Skip had several little reports and Bud and I had a few on the back burner, we never got around to.

Pete did well with his hunting and fishing guides, Skip with his Craigslist works and Bud very well with headlight cleaning although his love was with pilots and he wrote some great reports about being a pilot.

I've never met a pilot who had more air time or as many take offs and landings as he did over a 25 year career as a crop duster. Bud was also a reknown airplane mechanic too and did consults right up til his death. He had an airstrip and hangar on his 200 acre N.M. Ranch, the Casa Redondo.

Anyhow, as I go through my hard drives, and cd, dvd and usb drives today, sucking on ice, eating homemade ice cream (no beans in this one)...I'll share my discoveries as I find them.

Stay hydrated, stay frosty as some might say.

GJA
Old June 19, 2022, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default I think it has a good visual appeal to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricC View Post
Gordon,
Eight bucks for the Secret Path was a steal of a deal. Appreciated being able to compare notes, too.
Thanks!

I like his use of graphics and pictures. No big block of texts, and his header and footer. There was a time I went to the trouble to make headers, often little pics of me, which I also used as a watermark, and would put in the center and fade it out...that was before I realized it didn't matter.

Your work is going to get stolen. Impossible to protect around the world. So, I made sure to include (oft, but not always), either free gifts or EASTER EGGS in many of my reports where only those on my "list" would receive them.

It got rid of a large % of those who like to BLACK HAT other people's stuff.

In reality, it shouldn't be a concern, because once you accept it, you can use it as a way to filter or screen out people.

I also like how Jimmy doesn't use huge blocks of text, and they have a visual rhythm to them, a thing I use in much of my work, to more or less manipulate eye movement, because there is an optimal eye movement process.

So the graphics are a big deal. Font and layout are good too, I've seen too many reports (especially from Warriors) that use oversize fonts and small margins to come up with a few extra pages and it just doesn't work.

But the #1 thing about SECRET PATH is, it makes you think. What is my avatar? How do I come across to my prospects? Am I being authentic?

Can I have more than one, or combine some of his, or add to the Wizard, or use the Brain, or whatever. It makes one think that old Bobby Burns was right (with great apologies to those who appreciate poetry)...

when in his very Anglicized version of his poem goes:

"What a gift our godie gives us,
to see ourselves as others see us"

Although I'm fine with O wad some power our giftie...etc.

If nothing else, my opinion is, for 8 bux, hard to find a better MODEL or TEMPLATE even, of what a nice report looks like. It has held up.

So take another look, and SEE how nice of a report it is, great content, visual appeal, and flows and reads nicely.

Gordon
Old June 19, 2022, 10:33 AM

Default Re: 98 degrees, and rolling brown outs.

Definitely agree nice layout - much better looking than the stuff I've produced in Word

Likely "Brain" for me - I've always enjoyed looking under the hood at how things work, even though I'm generally not practical enough to actually take them apart and put them back together.

Self help lends itself to Brain or Mystical - no-one really knows how a lot of it works (plenty of theories about fire walking for instance) so it's open to either direction.

Plenty to think about and, of course, actually do something once the thinking has happened!
Old June 20, 2022, 07:08 PM

Default Thanks Gordon - Still Testing Solar Oven Bread Recipes - Glenn

Thanks Gordon,

Didn't get the 8.00 REPORT YET.

The clowns at Gosun.com - do not include a cookbook. (There is a forum with Random Recipes. Not much Bread. Which is a Big Omission.)

100% Chance of Making Mistakes
(Which I have Done. 2nd Try - So Hard I could Drive Nails with The Bread)
with a 32 inch Tube of metal Inside 2 Solar Reflectors.

CURRENTLY I am Puzzling over HOW to Get The Rolled up Tube of Dough to RISE
Inside the Long Solar Cooker - Without Burning the Yeast.

I Think I will put the rolls of dough in my Oven
Rolled up like a snake - to Rise in The Heat of a Boiling pan of water.

THEN Straighten Them out and Plop them in The Solar oven. (And THEN sit the oven in The Sun.

I did Find a Solar Oven Recipe that started with 2 Cups of Flour.

(Baking powder And Durham Wheat Flour Give Me Arthritis Pain)

So I took a Plain White YEAST Recipe.

Cut it down to 2 cups of flour - instead of 4

Tossed in a handful of Raisins.

Came Out OK - 1st try.
Burnt it 2nd Try.

Not Something READY to Share - however.

After 30 years of Break Baking Experience I TWEEK my Bread Machine Recipes too - So they are Not Recognizable.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old June 20, 2022, 07:29 PM

Default Taylor Swift Has An INTERESTING Answer to Music Thieves

Thanks Gordon,

Not an Expert.

But If Memory Serves - Some Guy named "Scooter Braun" seems to have bought Taylor Swifts Entire BackLog of Music From Her (FORMERLY TRUSTWORTHY - And Trusted Music Company owner.)

Without Taylor being Given A Chance to buy it herself.

So.

She is RE-RECORDING all her Albums.

YOU ASK, "Why Buy *Taylors Version* of a Album You already Have?

Well.

Taylor - Has Include All kinds of BONUSES and BRIBES.

I - The Original Idea - Recorded On her Phone when She Woke Up. (Taylor DREAMS a Lot of Her Music)

II - The Studio Rough Version

III - 2 or 3 Different TAKES. Variations that she did not sell

IV - A STAR Guest who sings some of Her songs WITH HER.

V - A Travelogue - Where She was When She Thunk of Each Song.

VI - An Audio Recording To Accompany The Music. (What was going on in her Live. And What Emotion she was Trying to Communicate.)

IS
THIS
WORKING?

Holy Hades Yes.

Taylors Version of her 1st Few Albums have Put her Back at the TOP of The CHARTS.

HER VERSION of "Old" music is outselling Her Competitors NEW Music.

REVENGE?

OH YES - The Music Old "Scooter" bought is not worth Nearly as much now.
===========
===========
TRANSLATED for The Rest of Us who have our CONTENT STOLEN.

Using Taylor's Model.

Pretty EZ to Add Bonus Reports, Interviews, And Links to Added Value info.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old June 21, 2022, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Thanks Gordon - Still Testing Solar Oven Bread Recipes - Glenn

Resent the link, from Sat. but also PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Gordon,

Didn't get the 8.00 REPORT YET.

The clowns at Gosun.com - do not include a cookbook. (There is a forum with Random Recipes. Not much Bread. Which is a Big Omission.)

100% Chance of Making Mistakes
(Which I have Done. 2nd Try - So Hard I could Drive Nails with The Bread)
with a 32 inch Tube of metal Inside 2 Solar Reflectors.

CURRENTLY I am Puzzling over HOW to Get The Rolled up Tube of Dough to RISE
Inside the Long Solar Cooker - Without Burning the Yeast.

I Think I will put the rolls of dough in my Oven
Rolled up like a snake - to Rise in The Heat of a Boiling pan of water.

THEN Straighten Them out and Plop them in The Solar oven. (And THEN sit the oven in The Sun.

I did Find a Solar Oven Recipe that started with 2 Cups of Flour.

(Baking powder And Durham Wheat Flour Give Me Arthritis Pain)

So I took a Plain White YEAST Recipe.

Cut it down to 2 cups of flour - instead of 4

Tossed in a handful of Raisins.

Came Out OK - 1st try.
Burnt it 2nd Try.

Not Something READY to Share - however.

After 30 years of Break Baking Experience I TWEEK my Bread Machine Recipes too - So they are Not Recognizable.

Thanks,
Glenn