SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 28, 2021, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Akron stripper uses ADELE'S Pom-Poms to cover her ta-tas during act...

Brilliant singer Adele made pom-poms.

Brilliant stripper "Angel" bought Adele's pom-poms on etsy and now they can be seen covering her, er, uh...bodaciousnesses.

Brilliant use of Glenn's celebrity attention getting device, although Angel never had a problem getting attention from the stage (or so THEY say, this is not first hand info, he..he)...

Attention and Rapport. Instantly.

That is the goal, eh? Anyhow, since you have read this far, I might well use your attentiveness to have a Friday thinkOut...where I will write about some thoughts and convo's I've had this past week.

First. HOTSHEETS. Working on a new project. A hotsheet which will cost me 1.25 to get and 1 buck to ship (has to be sent in mail) so my product costs will be 2.25. I will be testing 14.95, 19.95 and 24.95 promotions to very specific groups of buyers.

I may have a second HOTSHEETS as a "course" which will be around 39 bux (copywriting/influence course) with special write on/erase hotsheets or playing card like thingys.

So, who else has a product, with a delivered cost of 2.25 which can produce a 20 dollar profit? Anyone? Or course, the cost of acquisition isn't included, but it will be on me to keep that as low as possible, one idea is to PRIVATE label these to a big in the market company to be used as PREMIUMS for their lines of products.

INFORMATION, as one recent sowpubber asked, is it still a good product to sell, and we uns being biased as heck say, YES it is.

I want to find the maximum profit in a hotsheet, a single piece of paper, which has a large, sustainable market...and I keep an eye out for those, one of which might be the Crafts and Arts (etsy, pinterest) market for all things

CRICUT,

Thinking of buying this today:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...u ll%7D%22%7D

And playing around with it. An area which I know can do well, if some added MARKETING were to be involved is in patterns, plans and blueprints. Healthy mature markets which are evergreen.

Onto Memorial Day. I always like to mention at least 3 veterans, Clayton Witcher, a high school classmate, my brother's friend who used to hang around our "mansion"; Lt. Melvin (Spence) Dry, who was aboard my submarine in Vietnam when he gave his life for his country...and ol friend

The Boz, Bruce Bud Riggs, an Army Sgt. who became a fast friend in the desert of New Mexico and wrote the Headlight Cleaning Manual. One of the best how to manuals from someone who did it, and I bear witness to his success with it.

And we want to remember all those who are no longer with us this Memorial day as we celebrate their sacrifices and our freedoms.

Memorial Day kicks off our Summer in America, last day of school for many today, the hot summer ahead, vacations, holidays and even new business opportunities too.

We like to focus on biz opportunity here, Dien and I have been reporting on it for over 20 years now, and we are constantly discovering new ways to earn a buck.

I am doing more OFFLINE than I have in many years, online has its merits, certainly, but for someone who is less people inclined, as I have become, getting back to simply selling a product, without ever interacting with the customer or buyer, just has so much appeal to me these days.

And selling INFORMATION products, OFFLINE, is still very much alive and well, so full circle to the Mail Order business it is, with some very low cost information products coming your way.

Which reminds me, one friend of the forum has made several thousand dollars in the last couple of months, by...

DISTRIBUTING business cards... He has distributed almost 200,000 of them in the last 90 days via EDDM, and has something which is unique, not seen very often, and would be a great opportunity for most of you who don't mind a little people contact. Now, I've been involved with co-op ADVERTISING cards for years, but he doesn't offer advertising...

his thing is DISTRIBUTION.

So many businesses have a box of unused cards collecting dust in a desk, but they can be very effective tools, IF they can get distributed. My friend has figured out how to do it. I may try to convince him to write a HOW TO manual, like the HEADLIGHT CLEANING manual, with all the details in it...but he is so busy, he may not have the time.

I like the concept, call on a few businesses, show the distribution model, get them on board, then drip them through Zip Zones throughout the year. Not many onliners have made thousands from scratch in the last 90 days with a high demand offer, something being said about high touch biz-ops, eh?

I told him to charge 199 for his report, he is thinking about it.

Also, on my mind...is a deep dive into my archives, memories and old things, which I haven't touched for 20 years...including:

My GOLF products. Although I don't teach any longer, no reason why the golfing world should be deprived of my expertise, just cause I no longer like the game (although Lefty's recent win at the PGA at 50, sort of stoked my dying embers for the game). I constantly yell at you all about not sharing what you know, and tell you to take your knowledge and experiences out of the storehouse of your mind and into the marketplace for some ez cash.

Got to take my own advice.

Also taking another gander at a few games I developed; Froggin Poggin, Bean Disc Golf, Roll Boll and others as well as a few products such as the Winged Wedge 222, which will (could) change the game for millions of hackers.

And, if that weren't enough, taking a look at the old time circular pubs/newsletters, which I always like getting through the mail.

OK. So, now I need to take a break, maybe pay a visit to my Angel Investor and see how things are holding up, while humming "Someone Like You" as I drive.

Last edited by GordonJ : May 29, 2021 at 09:56 AM.
Old May 28, 2021, 04:47 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks to our military veterans (for upcoming Memorial Day)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Onto Memorial Day. I always like to mention at least 3 veterans, Clayton Witcher, a high school classmate, my brother's friend who used to hang around our "mansion"; Lt. Melvin (Spence) Dry, who was aboard my submarine in Vietnam when he gave his life for his country...and ol friend

The Boz, Bruce Bud Riggs, an Army Sgt. who became a fast friend in the desert of New Mexico and wrote the Headlight Cleaning Manual. One of the best how to manuals from someone who did it, and I bear witness to his success with it.

And we want to remember all those who are no longer with us this Memorial day as we celebrate their sacrifices and our freedoms.

Memorial Day kicks off our Summer in America, last day of school for many today, the hot summer ahead, vacations, holidays and even new business opportunities too.
Thanks Gordon,

There's a lot of "meat" in this post... An awesome amount of brain food!

It's important that we support our military veterans who have made the sacrifices to ensure the freedoms that we enjoy today...

There's a lot more fantastic stuff to comment on in this post, and I will do so shortly!

Thanks, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old May 29, 2021, 04:08 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How angel investors have changed recently...

Quote:
OK. So, now I need to take a break, maybe pay a visit to my Angel Investor and see how things are holding up, while humming "Someone Like You" as I drive.
Hi Gordon,

You mentioned angel investors...

I read an interesting article about how angel investors have changed recently...

Angel investors used to always be successful business-people who had sometimes cashed out of their businesses... and who wanted to invest their money to make more money in new businesses. But...

Now angel investors can also include a pimply 19 year old kid who has a couple of thousand dollars to put into a startup (if they're not putting it into the stock market)... So that just struck me as very interesting!

Here's the article.

Meet Your Next Angel Investor. They're 19
https://www.wired.com/story/meet-you...tor-theyre-19/

Cheers! Dien
Old May 29, 2021, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default SowPub SPV???

Since you have a fund manager in the family, here is an idea.

How about Seeds Of Wisdom Special Purpose Vehicle where members can make micro investments into other members' projects?

A closed crowd funded venture, maybe try a small test, what do you think? Too much red tape still in Oz? US has relaxed requirements and the article you linked to shows there is a demand.

New forum? Seeds of Wealth? Micro investors.

GJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

You mentioned angel investors...

I read an interesting article about how angel investors have changed recently...

Angel investors used to always be successful business-people who had sometimes cashed out of their businesses... and who wanted to invest their money to make more money in new businesses. But...

Now angel investors can also include a pimply 19 year old kid who has a couple of thousand dollars to put into a startup (if they're not putting it into the stock market)... So that just struck me as very interesting!

Here's the article.

Meet Your Next Angel Investor. They're 19
https://www.wired.com/story/meet-you...tor-theyre-19/

Cheers! Dien
Old May 30, 2021, 02:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I think it's a pretty great idea!

Quote:
Since you have a fund manager in the family, here is an idea.

How about Seeds Of Wisdom Special Purpose Vehicle where members can make micro investments into other members' projects?

A closed crowd funded venture, maybe try a small test, what do you think? Too much red tape still in Oz? US has relaxed requirements and the article you linked to shows there is a demand.

New forum? Seeds of Wealth? Micro investors.
Hi Gordon,

That's a really great idea - Let me think about it a little, maybe we can talk about it in email or by Skype or Zoom... I like it a lot, though...!

By the way, you're right, Australia does have a lot of red tape compared to the US. I've looked into both countries regarding promoting investments (as I'm a dual-citizen of both the USA and Australia, thanks to an accident of personal history)... Of course, it's good to be on the right side of things to make sure you don't get in trouble with the SEC in the US.

I have some ideas on how to stay out of trouble regarding this!

When promoting investments (particularly investments in your own company), there are often limitations on who you can offer it to. In most cases, you can't offer it to the general public without "going public" to my understanding. But... often you can offer it to accredited investors, and to your own existing contacts... (But, please, nobody should take this as legal advice!)

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : May 30, 2021 at 02:52 PM.