SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
Eva

Default Re: Those without that particular Wso...The Starving Musician Who Became a Print Broker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Let me tell you a Story about a Starving Musician who became a Successful Print Broker...

Not Me! ... But Google, Company and Amazing Print's PR, Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing and Seo Smart(s) & Exposure! ...

Quick Food for Thought on the {Printing Brokering business} and Misc. other Key word related phrases & ideas... Worth Digging and Googling more into...
http://www.amazingprint.com/Portals/...hite_paper.pdf
http://www.google.com/search?q=print...OLiALhra 2tBQ

All the best...

Phil

Now, following your links, oh man, you surely know how to stir things up. My thinking is now altered forever, lol!!!

Eva
Old March 22, 2012, 06:48 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: Hi all, new here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
I originally found this forum after searching for threads about Don Alm. His type of projects is what I'd enjoy doing, maybe with an upgrade or two.

Anyhow, glad to be here,

Eva

Hi my friends,

Speaking of Don Alm has anyone heard from him? I have a couple calls into him and got his recording.

Hope he's ok.

As far as being a printing broker I have a source that is the least expensive that I could find. Plus great service.

https://partnerprinting.com/index.php?page=register ( non-affiliate link)

You have to have a website that sells printing to get the great discounts and you can use this one in your registration.

http://2abc.info

Skip Rosell

Last edited by Skip Rosell : March 22, 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: more info
Old March 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Well, in regards to bob's latest wso, well worth the 10 bucks. As far as labeling it being a print broker, I disagree. When it comes to the software needed (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), that can be purchased with a student discount at $319, or rent it at $49 a month which of course is a biz expense.

There is also a free 30 day trial.

Eva

Evidently I am wrong about it being a print broker wso. Would you care to tell us what it is, again w/o giving away Bob's wso.

You don't have to say a word but you said you had it and it isn't about being a print broker. That certainly is the overtone on his wso.

Oh well, what difference does it make? In 50 years I'll be dead anyway...
Old March 23, 2012, 01:11 AM
SteveSki

Don is still active on the Warrior Forum and others but he seems not to visit here anymore due to The Don Bashing Fan Club Lurking in the shadows.
Old March 23, 2012, 03:12 AM
Phil

Default Last Known internet {Exposure} Feb 22, 2012. ... As per Google BOTS & FootPrints! ...

Hopefully Don's doing Well! And just Keeping himself Busy, Either Making a nice Mix of [Moola] & Money out of 2012 and/Or [Thoroughly] Enjoying the Up-And-Coming "Tourist" season" as maybe a Traveling "Tourist" but most Likely a Traveling Entrepreneur of some sort...

At Least as per About 30 Days Ago or So... Maybe Don and Google's ''new'' Google ''Buzzer'' business Opportunities {Notifying} system Amongst endless Other Google related inventions being Worked on throughout the Google Lab(s) Network will Have us All Hooked-Up shortly with More of those Never-ending Ideas, Opportunities and possibilities...

Love Skip's {New} Whippersnapper ''Headline'' Terminology...

Great for Brainstorming! ... All Kinds of Whippersnapper related Key words, ideas, Misc. Unique businesses throughout Google world-wide, Brandable {Whippersnapper} type ideas, Domaining included... Whippersnapper Hotsheets!... All in Good ol' Fun Too! ...

Whip-smart whippersnappers...
http://www.google.com/search?q=Whip-...ient=firefox-a

Don Alm in Roseburg, Oregon.......gearing up for the upcoming "Tourist" season (IF we have one, this year)...

Slightly down the First Page on Google...
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...LMOfiALd-aTKBQ

All the best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : March 23, 2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: additional info...
Old March 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Default What is true and NOT true.

Dien and I have an agreement, we don't second guess the other guy, and we share that with the moderators.

IF anyone's post gets deleted, they can appeal to Dien who is one of the most objective and level headed players on the Internet.

I've been deleted...and SO has Dien. And after discussing the reasons, we're pretty much always in agreement.

We protect the forum.

Period.
You don't see most of the drop in, fly by, spam that covers other forums, because we both spend time (and the moderators) EVERYDAY TO clean it off and since all the moderators are around the world, we can cover the board throughout the day

So here is what I told Don, and I'll say iit to everyone else.

Obey the rules, you won't have a problem. The FACT is the only people we've ever banned were the Don Alm BASHERS as you call them.

But in fairness, Don brought alot of that on himself.

Don Alm is always welcome to post here, as long as he follows the rules same as anyone else. Hell, he always brings a little controversy with him, and that jumps the "ratings" so to speak.

Even the sophisticated SowPubbers like a train wreck apparently.

I have a ZERO tolerance policy, and if I'm wrong, you (being everyone) can appeal to Dien and if he feels I've made an error in my judgement, he'll bring it up and we'll discuss it.

Don has not been banned, but, in reality, the Warrior Forum is probably better suited to receive Don's messages than we are at this point.

ONLY the couple of BANNED Don bashers (and they sign up with fake names and email, nothing we can do except ban their IP, but too many proxies available)...so we delete them when they show up AND they always do when Don posts.

So, Steve, and others, I take offense.

WE work too damn hard to keep this forum, maybe smaller than it could be...but, we've been doing it for 12 years now...many of our contemporaries have become ghosts towns, or like the WF, a Wild West show where the Black Hats and the White Hats have daily showdowns.

The Don Bashing Fan Club is alive and well at the WF too, but, as long as it stays over there, we don't have a problem.

For the record, I like Don. We've exchanged ideas over the years.

But whether I like or dislike anyone, has nothing to do with how this forum operates and will continue to operate hopefully, for a long time to come.

AND, like I've told several people in the past, we're NOT the only forum on the Net, if you DON'T like or can't obey the rules...Take your voice down the road, cause it ain't welcome here.

OR, as I suggested to Don and others...

YOU guys are always free to start your own...then, maybe, you'll get an understanding of what it takes to keep a forum decent without going down the anything goes road, or the self-serving fascist way some personal forums are run.

We've had a great exchange of ideas for over a decade, and differing opinions are always welcome... but civility will rule the day...or there won't be a SowPub. Dien and I are absolutely in agreement on that.

Be Civil. Say anything you want. If you need a refresher or if you are new, read the post by Dien Rice on how to post to sowpub.

Gordon Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
Don is still active on the Warrior Forum and others but he seems not to visit here anymore due to The Don Bashing Fan Club Lurking in the shadows.
Old March 23, 2012, 09:07 PM

Default Don Alm

Don was on Bill Myers forum on March 17th.

Roger P
Old March 23, 2012, 09:07 PM
Adman

Default Re: HOLY CAMOLY! I IS BAAACK!

This post edited due to forum rules violations.

Last edited by GordonJ : June 30, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old March 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
Eva

Default Re: bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Evidently I am wrong about it being a print broker wso. Would you care to tell us what it is, again w/o giving away Bob's wso.

You don't have to say a word but you said you had it and it isn't about being a print broker. That certainly is the overtone on his wso.

Oh well, what difference does it make? In 50 years I'll be dead anyway...

Call it whatever you please. For the 10 bucks he is asking to open your eyes to the possibilities in the "print" biz, spend it and learn. Nothing revolutionary but he does share his resources to outsourcers and printing companies and tips and ideas on how to profit, what to charge, throw in the design tutorials plus his own private forum and there you go. Well worth it in my opinion,

Eva
Old March 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Rosell View Post
Hi my friends,

As far as being a printing broker I have a source that is the least expensive that I could find. Plus great service.

https://partnerprinting.com/index.php?page=register ( non-affiliate link)

You have to have a website that sells printing to get the great discounts and you can use this one in your registration.

http://2abc.info

Skip Rosell

I did check out their retail prices and well, they suck... Using the 9x12 bob card as an example, there paper quality is less and they charge almost $900 more than what I can get through bob. I highly doubt their wholesale discounts are in the 45-48% range. But, who knows. On top of that, I would have to add 10% sales tax, yikes!

Thanks for the link though, Eva