SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23, 2018, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Default Some Sunday morning thoughts, new and old.

Making money: OLD; you don't get paid for doing NOTHING. NEW; Place a value on your time in dollar amounts.

Art: I art as a child, scribbling in hurricane fashion on the construction paper of my mind. Being a starving artist, is a choice.

Where the head goes, the body follows. (Junior high football coach).

Doubt is the shadow of our fear.
Confidence, a reflection of our experiences.
ACTION, the revelation of our faith.

There are NO rules. Sure, man makes rules for a given society, and the overcrowded prisons throughout the world illustrate a willingness to break them.

Yes, rules of nature. You can't fly. Never will. Not without mechanical assistance.

OK. So, let's talk about MONEY. We like that subject here, eh? You may note this post continues, I like to post and then edit, saves from having the whole thing deleted by my fat little fingers getting carried away on the keyboard.

Money is a concept. A way and means of exchanging VALUE. The value is an agreed upon idea between whoever is exchanging it.

It is a measurement. It is used to get what people want, and need.

Most people exchange time/effort for a payment. They work. Most work for other people. Many like or even love their work, they have chosen it as a profession. A career.

But many don't like it. They don't like the type of work, or the people they work for, with and are around all day. THESE are, my peeps, for the most part. The ones who would rather be doing their own thing, doing what they want to do and making an amount of money they are happy with.

Some, like their work, and like side hustles, absentee investments, or working with other people or monetizing their hobbies or skills.

You don't have to hate your job or boss to be a part-time Entrepreneur and often make a full time income too.

Now we look at the WHAT one does. And the different MODELS.

Basic models: low cost item/service VOLUME sales or bigger back-ends.
High cost; fewer exchanges.

Examples from a marketing company who did both: SCI, a BILLION dollars in sales of EdenPure heaters, a higher ticket item, from 200 to 400 per unit.

SCI, millions of dollars with jewelry, low ticket (about 19.95) with huge volume.

One man band examples. ME. Low ticket reports a few times a year, with large % of buyers on a list. FEW a year with larger ticket, up to 2500 for consulting.

YOU?? Whichever way suits you. Harvey Brody has over 50 years of continuous success with ONE low cost item (Zoom Spout Oiler) with only a 125+ customers who all buy in VOLUME. This model very hard to beat. Although the estates of Michael Jackson and Charles Schultz still haul in millions a year long after they have gone, via Intellectual property rights.

STORED VALUE. My personal harp song. Not some angelic melody to please the gods, but harping as in being a shrew. Most of you have STORED VALUE in your brains, in your experiences, in your past that could be mined for untold sums of money. BUT.

BUT, it just sits there.

There are at least 20 people who will read this, and think I'm talking to them. Chances are, I am. You know who you are.

If you're happy with the results you are getting it is OK if you never get around to doing the other thing, that is your choice.

So, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands. YAY!

But if there is the slightest twinge inside of you which knows you could be doing more, giving more of what you have, being a better or even happier version of yourself...what are you waiting for?

I doubt if there will be any discussion, which is OK for us, both Dien and I are busy, however, if you want to have a discussion on this money making post, feel free to comment or ask questions.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : September 23, 2018 at 11:49 AM.