SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 12, 2021, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Old concept, modern application: PREOCCUPATION.

Well, I am happily retired.

But once in awhile, someone makes me an offer I can't refuse (thanks Uncle Guido). And that is his pseudonym, to protect us both.

But UG wants more applicable information on the INTERSECTION and PREOCCUPATIONS.

He claims I am the only person out here talking about it when it comes to selling, copywriting and marketing. I don't know how true that is, but I have been preaching it for a few DECADES now, so I may have originated the application of it.

An INTERSECTION is where your (talking to salespeople, marketers, copywriters, businesspeople, etc.) promotion, or sales message meets with your prospect.

Hopefully you have attracted the right kind of a prospect to this intersection, and hopefully, you have brought BUYERS there, but no matter...

Imagine your phone ringing, you don't know who it is, but you decide to answer it anyhow, only to be greeted by someone or a robot trying to sell you something. It is amazing this works but most of us just click with a certain annoyance and a reminder to self not to answer calls you don't recognize or know who is making them.

Or a knock on your door. A disturbance. An INTERRUPTION to whatever you are doing.

So, I am teaching UG how he (or is he a she, I'll never tell)...but the person with the gold asking for my help...

I'm teaching all about HOW to set up an INTERSECTION and how to get the right kind of people to come there for a happy ending for all.

It begins before the knock on the door, before the call is made...it is about UNDERSTANDING what is on your subject's mind, or as I prefer, your TARGET.

When you have done your homework, your due diligence, and have identified your ideal avatar, or person/group you WANT as a customer, then the job is to bring them to the INTERSECTION for a meeting, albeit mostly by REMOTE means.

All this so far, OLD NEWS for most long term SowPubbers, they've heard all this before.

But now, today, NOV. 2021, it is about application of this knowledge.

The secret today is knowing which emotional words will most likely do the job for you at the INTERSECTION.

And that is what I am teaching UG. And I thought, since I'm doing it for him/her, maybe others who have not been exposed to it would be interested in how to do it.

If not, me and UG will just carry on and make some gold.

PREOCCUPATIONS and INTERSECTIONS.

Maybe a new course? Prolly not.

Gordon
Old November 12, 2021, 08:18 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Iceland, the Metaverse, and Pre-Occupational Interrupters...

Thanks Gordon,

Gordon is the undeniable king of using Pre-Occupational Interrupters... I agree, he is the only one teaching how to use them...

I've been thinking about them lately too...

Among certain circles, people know about Facebook's name change to "Meta"... and about Mark Zuckerberg's preoccupation with the "Metaverse"...

(The "Metaverse" is essentially, from what I can tell, using the internet with a virtual reality headset, and internet enhancements to make the best use of the virtual reality...)

The Iceland tourism folks probably realize... The crowd of people who would consider holidaying in Iceland are probably aware of, and thinking about, the Metaverse too...

And came out with this!

Introducing the Icelandverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMwwQy_noI

"The Icelandverse is unlike any other open-world experience with '-verse' the in name, because it’s real. Plus, you don’t need a funny-looking VR headset."

Iceland Skewers Mark Zuckerberg's Metaverse With New Tourism Ad
https://gizmodo.com/iceland-skewers-...tou-1848044804

Thought I'd share it...

- Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Well, I am happily retired.

But once in awhile, someone makes me an offer I can't refuse (thanks Uncle Guido). And that is his pseudonym, to protect us both.

But UG wants more applicable information on the INTERSECTION and PREOCCUPATIONS.

He claims I am the only person out here talking about it when it comes to selling, copywriting and marketing. I don't know how true that is, but I have been preaching it for a few DECADES now, so I may have originated the application of it.

An INTERSECTION is where your (talking to salespeople, marketers, copywriters, businesspeople, etc.) promotion, or sales message meets with your prospect.

Hopefully you have attracted the right kind of a prospect to this intersection, and hopefully, you have brought BUYERS there, but no matter...

Imagine your phone ringing, you don't know who it is, but you decide to answer it anyhow, only to be greeted by someone or a robot trying to sell you something. It is amazing this works but most of us just click with a certain annoyance and a reminder to self not to answer calls you don't recognize or know who is making them.

Or a knock on your door. A disturbance. An INTERRUPTION to whatever you are doing.

So, I am teaching UG how he (or is he a she, I'll never tell)...but the person with the gold asking for my help...

I'm teaching all about HOW to set up an INTERSECTION and how to get the right kind of people to come there for a happy ending for all.

It begins before the knock on the door, before the call is made...it is about UNDERSTANDING what is on your subject's mind, or as I prefer, your TARGET.

When you have done your homework, your due diligence, and have identified your ideal avatar, or person/group you WANT as a customer, then the job is to bring them to the INTERSECTION for a meeting, albeit mostly by REMOTE means.

All this so far, OLD NEWS for most long term SowPubbers, they've heard all this before.

But now, today, NOV. 2021, it is about application of this knowledge.

The secret today is knowing which emotional words will most likely do the job for you at the INTERSECTION.

And that is what I am teaching UG. And I thought, since I'm doing it for him/her, maybe others who have not been exposed to it would be interested in how to do it.

If not, me and UG will just carry on and make some gold.

PREOCCUPATIONS and INTERSECTIONS.

Maybe a new course? Prolly not.

Gordon

Last edited by Dien Rice : November 12, 2021 at 08:32 PM.