SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 22, 2024, 01:58 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Here's how Jordan Belfort sells...

This is a great video of Jordan Belfort ("The Wolf of Wall Street") selling...

Jordan Belfort SELLING Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRUa4TZqHk

I like how he often makes a proposal, and asks... "Does that sound fair enough?"

I remember Mike Rodman - a salesman and early participant on this and other forums, on the early days of the internet - using that same approach! He was a big advocate of making a proposal and then asking... "Fair enough?"

You can learn a lot from this video...

The fictional vs the real Jordan Belfort...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old May 24, 2024, 02:41 AM

Default Did You Hear Jordan Belfort Insult The Prospect Over & Over??

Thanks Dien,

I Watched the Entire Video Dien.

FIRST Thing Jordan does IS INSULT THE PROSPECT.

2 Minutes to Look up the Prospect's Website and FIND OUT
what the man does.

So he starts the Sale By SCREAMING OUT LOUD.

"I am a LAZY SOB."

2nd INSULT - He has to ASK who the other Family members are. And
what each one does.

3rd Insult - In Australia its EZ to find out
what the Average Profit margin on Money Trades is.

And Also EZ to find out what the Competing Banks
Money Trade Results are.

4th INSULT - Jordan Should ALREADY know what margin
his Prospect is making on his 22 Million. In The Farm Niche.

AND have a PAPER TRADE done for the entire
22 Million that Shows He Can DO IT BETTER.

PROOF.

2 More HIDDEN POINTS.

POINT ONE - Mary - The Source of the Referral - Would Have told Jordan
The Answers to all his Basic Questions. So This Video Is full of Questions
Only an Unprepared Newbie would ask.

So The Entire Conversation is ODD.

POINT TWO - This Brother IS NOT The Financial Decision Maker.
He is the "Operations Manager."

100% WRONG PERSON to Ask to Invest.

So we Didn't Watch a SALE.

All We Saw was Jordan Make a Sales for MORE TIME.

IN FACT, All Jordan has done is Make an Appointment to Chat
with Dad and the 2nd Brother who does sales and marketing.

AND
for
that
Meeting with The REAL BOSS.

Jordan better have done some paper Trading to offer PROOF.

PLUS

Show off a Similar Clients Results. (Maybe get Permission from
The Mary He Mentions having helped. To share HER Results. Very EZ since SHE Referred The Prospect.)

Anyway..

"Is That Fair" is a good Phrase to COLD CALL with to
Get a Longer Appointment.

But I bet Jordan doesn't say that to CLOSE
The Sale to get paid.

THAT would Be PROPRIETARY.

Thanks,
Glenn

I have not seen "The Wolf Of Wallstreet."

Does Leo Actually do an Selling in that Movie?

Last edited by Glenn : May 24, 2024 at 02:45 AM. Reason: one word goof
Old May 24, 2024, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default Belfort, Madoff, Epstein...and Mark Ford and Bill Bonner...

B. Madoff was THE MAN on Wall St. And Jeff Epstein, was the Wizard...and along with Belfort represent one thing about Wall St investors, as well as the readers of Agora Newsletters...

GREED.

My point goes to TARGETS, (Avatars). When you're calling so-called investors, who are known to have some risk in their portfolios, or when writing copy to sell a financial newsletter...I am going to argue that there is a lot less genius and amazing talent here, than having a keen idea of who is going to buy your bullshine.

If you haven't watched the Tom Brady roast, at least get the youtube Nikki Glaser few minutes.

In her short time, she had some great stuff...and the biggest hit was when she asked Tom how he could lose 30 million in crypto, followed by the line;

"Even Gronk said: 'Me know that not real money.' "

How many billions were lost in that Crypto madness back then?

I'm very sheepish about glorifying the Wolfs, the Sharks, the Lions of Greed, and have more respect for the local successful Realtor, or used car salesman who doesn't need the tricks of selling, or the forceful persuasion of a A=Hole of Wall St. (just my opinion).

But when one knows who they are targeting, who their customers are going to be, then maybe all that great salesmanship and copywriting from these guys should be examined closer.

It isn't that hard to sell high % ROI to the greedy. Or to scare them into thinking they could lose what they have, and need inside info, from a limited subscription newsletter, to save their butts from the soon to be marauding masses.

I think I prefer even the Old Don Alm sales strategy, "Little Ol ME be best salesman."

Anyhow, I prefer to find solutions to problems and present those to the people with the problems...and deciding where to put an extra 100 thousand bux in the stock market? They can fend for themselves.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
This is a great video of Jordan Belfort ("The Wolf of Wall Street") selling...

Jordan Belfort SELLING Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRUa4TZqHk

I like how he often makes a proposal, and asks... "Does that sound fair enough?"

I remember Mike Rodman - a salesman and early participant on this and other forums, on the early days of the internet - using that same approach! He was a big advocate of making a proposal and then asking... "Fair enough?"

You can learn a lot from this video...

The fictional vs the real Jordan Belfort...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old May 25, 2024, 02:08 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default "Don't mess this up, punk..."

Hi Gordon,

I heard the Nikki Glaser "Gronk" joke on the Tom Brady roast... That definitely had me laughing!

(I'll check out her fuller presentation later on Netflix...!)

On Jordan Belfort...

I signed up to his email list. Once you sign up, he offers you a discount on his courses - good for 24 hours!

2 hours before the discount deadline, I got an email from him which he closed with these words...

"...you need my system in your life.
2 hours. Don’t mess this up."

I had to laugh... "Don't mess this up."

Made me think of a mafia don talking down to a junior hitman...

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
B. Madoff was THE MAN on Wall St. And Jeff Epstein, was the Wizard...and along with Belfort represent one thing about Wall St investors, as well as the readers of Agora Newsletters...

GREED.

My point goes to TARGETS, (Avatars). When you're calling so-called investors, who are known to have some risk in their portfolios, or when writing copy to sell a financial newsletter...I am going to argue that there is a lot less genius and amazing talent here, than having a keen idea of who is going to buy your bullshine.

If you haven't watched the Tom Brady roast, at least get the youtube Nikki Glaser few minutes.

In her short time, she had some great stuff...and the biggest hit was when she asked Tom how he could lose 30 million in crypto, followed by the line;

"Even Gronk said: 'Me know that not real money.' "

How many billions were lost in that Crypto madness back then?

I'm very sheepish about glorifying the Wolfs, the Sharks, the Lions of Greed, and have more respect for the local successful Realtor, or used car salesman who doesn't need the tricks of selling, or the forceful persuasion of a A=Hole of Wall St. (just my opinion).

But when one knows who they are targeting, who their customers are going to be, then maybe all that great salesmanship and copywriting from these guys should be examined closer.

It isn't that hard to sell high % ROI to the greedy. Or to scare them into thinking they could lose what they have, and need inside info, from a limited subscription newsletter, to save their butts from the soon to be marauding masses.

I think I prefer even the Old Don Alm sales strategy, "Little Ol ME be best salesman."

Anyhow, I prefer to find solutions to problems and present those to the people with the problems...and deciding where to put an extra 100 thousand bux in the stock market? They can fend for themselves.

Gordon
Old May 25, 2024, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Default Just because I can be a self righteous critic, doesn't mean I don't pay attention.

Just one opinion, don't waste your time with any thing other than her few minutes...overall, it sucked. I want a time refund.

Also, I can ride my high horse all over Kingdom Come, jousting with windmills of Wall St. corruption, Big BIZ, idiot (albeit, getting rich) politicians.

And because I may be inclined to do so, when I dismount and get busy working, I may cull the best of what they have to offer, even if that means showing me what NOT to do too.

I come full circle back to intent, what any person wants, why and then plan on how to manifest that for the journey.

Most of today's noise, including following the LOUD, is an exercise in Time Wasting...and I have to plead guilty to it too.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I heard the Nikki Glaser "Gronk" joke on the Tom Brady roast... That definitely had me laughing!

(I'll check out her fuller presentation later on Netflix...!)

On Jordan Belfort...

I signed up to his email list. Once you sign up, he offers you a discount on his courses - good for 24 hours!

2 hours before the discount deadline, I got an email from him which he closed with these words...

"...you need my system in your life.
2 hours. Don’t mess this up."

I had to laugh... "Don't mess this up."

Made me think of a mafia don talking down to a junior hitman...

Best wishes,

Dien