SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
MichaelRoss

Default The Great Global Warming Swindle - ABC Australia - 8:30pm Thursday

Be better if the Main Stream Media (7, 9 or 10) showed it.

Surprised channel 2 is showing it. Should be interesting.

Michael Ross
Old July 12, 2007, 12:16 AM
benefits4less

Default Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle - ABC Australia - 8:30pm Thursday

I believe all this "Global Warming Crap" is just that crap. I distinctly remember some of these same scientist in the 70s said we were heading tward another ice age. Now suddendly we are going to see New york go under the Atlantic.. Its just a excuse for a preaching from a political soap box.
Politicly incorrect
Jc
Old July 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Here's the Global Cooling article

Jc,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have an article from 1975 as a PDF about how we were headed for another ice-age. HA! Global Cooling Article 1975

There is more Argon in the atmosphere than CO2. But Humans don't emit Argon so it's hard to blame us for anything and then CON-vince people they need more controls put in place.

Just more scaremongering.

Michael Ross
Old July 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Here's the Global Cooling article

Thanks for the PDF article. I'll send it to my friends.

If you're capitalist and anti-collective, do you read lewrockwell.com
and reason.com? I think you'll enjoy them.
Old July 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
MichaelRoss

Default A couple of Freedom articles you might enjoy

Unregistered,

Thanks for asking.

I do occasionally read those sites.

You might find these two articles interesting...

http://usabig.com/autonomist/articles/free_now.html

http://usabig.com/autonomist/articles/free_now2.html

Michael Ross
Old July 12, 2007, 08:45 AM
MichaelRoss

Default So That's why channel 2 ran it...

Hmm... Should've guessed.

Channel 2 is Australia's lefty channel. And my puzzlement of Them showing the doco was solved before it started...

There was a Presenter who said we'd First see the doco and then speak to the Aussie experts showing why it's wrong. And how he (the presenter) is Glad the views expressed in the doco are not supported by the channel. AND, that we should keep in mind this was made For skeptics.

In other words, the doco was prefaced by telling us after we see it the team of experts will prove it wrong.

And first step was the old Scientology Trick... discredit the maker first. If you do that, then what he says must also be wrong, right?

Next trick was to speak to the maker and Pick things of no relevance and make a big deal out of them and even tell how some Other scientist disagrees. But when rebutted with something that makes sense, quickly ignore it and just say "Let's move on."

Next saying "How deeply flawed is the doco?" Notice it isn't asking IF it's flawed. That is Assumed, only how Deeply flawed is the question.

But when one Expert questioned the presenter on not asking tough questions of Global Warming Mongers the presenter said he had no time to answer such questions and moved away from the guy quick as possible.

Another GW Monger expert said, it cannot be the sun causing the planet to change temperature otherwise we'd see more global warming during the day than the night. Huh? This is a scientific Expert?

Any other refutations on hard facts? Nope, because that would have required refuting irrefutable facts - such as the massive volume of CO2 released by the ocean, so it's silly to blame man's CO2 production, and so on and so forth.

With Plenty of time being given to the GW Mongers while the skeptics are getting shut down before being able to make a point, then GW Mongers being given as much time as they want to challenge what the skeptic says.

Incredible that channel 2 spent More than an hour of programing trying to refute the doco. I've never seen such a reaction to something. Completely biased, as the intro to the show revealed. Just incredible that the Govt Funded (tax payer funded) channel should be pushing an agenda so openly. And only paying lip service to those against it. Instead of, broadcasting a show and leaving people to make up their own mind.

I will say, though, the highlight was when the audience was given a chance to ask questions. They invariably asked questions of the GW Monger Scientists who didn't answer the questions because, the host said the question wasn't understood and moved on. But what it showed was... the audience was more clued up on the entire thing than the GW Monger Scientists thought - and knew a heck of a lot of stuff they didn't know.

Michael Ross
Old July 12, 2007, 09:38 PM
Bill

Default Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle - ABC Australia - 8:30pm Thursday

Thanks Michael. Just wanted to let people now that it can be viewed on youtube in 8 parts. Here's part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f8v5du5_ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Be better if the Main Stream Media (7, 9 or 10) showed it.

Surprised channel 2 is showing it. Should be interesting.

Michael Ross