SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12, 2021, 02:41 PM

Default Books on pursuasion - Suggestions please.

Hi,

It is my first post. These days I am reading "The Magic Power of Emotional Appeal" by Roy Garn in ebook format. While reading the book, I got so impressed by the real life examples given that I decided to read other works by Garn. So I searched Google to find other books by him. Unfortunately, I could not find any which made me guess that perhaps he wrote only one book on the subject.

However, my searching for Roy Garn somehow landed me on this website. I am an active Internet user since 2002 and I am really surprised as to why I did not find it earlier. It is a hidden gem.

My question is to Gordon who seems to be an epitome of all things related to selling and persuasion. After reading your post (Titled : Ah yes. Intent. Purpose. Action and adjustment.), I have already purchased the kindle edition of three books by Elmer Wheeler & Elmer G. Leterman.

My questions are :

1) Please advise me some other books and course on persuasion and understanding the mind of my prospects. I have a huge passion of reading such books and want to further improve my knowledge.

2) Whether your course "REMOTE INFLUENCE" is still available? It seems to be but I want to make sure. Is it also about persuasion and based on books? Or it is some kind of distilled knowledge that has come out from your life long experience of writing persuasive copy?

3) Whether the updated edition of Roy Garn's book by you (or some other sowpub member) is available now? In one of your post, you have mentioned about it.

Thanks a lot. I am sorry for asking so many questions in the very first post itself. But, after reading the content here, I am very much curious to know their answers. Kindly see if you can throw some light on my queries.

Regards,
Manoj