SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 15, 2020, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Quick and easy product creation.

https://marlonsnews.com/

Brief video from Marlon Sanders, if you are interested in creating fast, easy and simple info products.

It is the first video as of today, Oct. 15 2020 HOW TO GET MONEY IN THROUGH MARKETING

Gordon
Old October 16, 2020, 02:23 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How to create an info-product when you're an ignoramus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

Brief video from Marlon Sanders, if you are interested in creating fast, easy and simple info products.

It is the first video as of today, Oct. 15 2020 HOW TO GET MONEY IN THROUGH MARKETING
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for sharing this... great video!

The thing I got most out of it is the business model he used in his collaboration with Elaine Floyd...

As I understood it...
  • Elaine Floyd was the expert in the topic of the product. Marlon knew little or nothing about this specific topic.
  • Marlon interviewed Elaine Floyd for 3 hours, and recorded it
  • He got the interview transcribed
  • I believe that was the product (the interview, probably audio, plus the transcription)
  • The "deal" was Marlon Sanders would write the sales page
  • Then each of them would sell the product independently... Elaine could use the sales page Marlon wrote (which Marlon would use too)...
I thought that was an interesting model!

It also shows the "leverage" you can have if you know copywriting and marketing...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old October 16, 2020, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Quick and easy product creation.

Hello everyone.

I already though (nothing new!) to make info products by interviewing people.

I could transcript the interview and packaging into a info-product or just create a book with chapters picking up the points of the interviews.

I though on go to niche Facebook Groups and offer a paid interview, I would pay to interview experts on the topics.
Old October 16, 2020, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Default You probably can't pay experts ENOUGH to do that, but go ahead and try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Hello everyone.

I already though (nothing new!) to make info products by interviewing people.

I could transcript the interview and packaging into a info-product or just create a book with chapters picking up the points of the interviews.

I though on go to niche Facebook Groups and offer a paid interview, I would pay to interview experts on the topics.

Marlon offered the ideal, Elaine Floyd (has great info) got to use Marlon's copy to sell to her lists, and Marlon got to sell to his.

I think you will find, most experts will be too expensive, but might be open to a JV, which is better for you, because little money leaves your pocket. With rev.com (which I've used) you can get an hour of interview transcribed for 90 dollars or less, if you have a discount. But less than 100 gives you a substantial amount of text to work with.

You will find tons of info here, in our archives, going over this idea again and again and again.

The thing is, who to sell the material too? I always put that question first when developing any sort of information product.

WHO is going to want to buy it?

Gordon
Old October 16, 2020, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Gordon

If you watched the above, and in case you missed the link there, here is another short video on the subject.

https://youtu.be/DhjQdaPNaUc

See, in this video, he shows HOW to use a mindmap to create a product and he also talks about falling in love, creating a product BEFORE you have a market.

I am big on the MVP, the MINIMUM VIABLE PRODUCT, to get something out there, find out if it will sell, then improve it and raise the price.

Marlon Sanders is the reason l quit my cushy job and came online back in 1998, full time. He knows how to create an information product people want to buy.

WHEN I used to teach it, I had people do a HOTSHEET, one page, a four page White Paper, then add graphics, lists and get to a 10 page report, TESTING and selling as you made a better and better product.

Today, one of the biggest mistakes I see, is people WASTING a lot of time, getting things ready, perfected, and falling in love with their ideas...instead of finding if their information can be sold.

That is job one of any Info Marketer. SELL. What people want to buy.

You don't know until you take it out there.

BUT, many, here especially, prefer to think about it rather than do it.

Good luck with that.

Gordon
Old October 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

Thanks Gordon.

I have a succesful mail order small business.

I tested both information products and physical products.

I tested different niches on info products - from gardening, car mechanic secrets to how to teach tricks to your cat. I got discouraged, no sales. I got much leads, but no sales.

On the physical products i tested many different products, and I have sucess on physical products. From jewlery to automobile acessories. The photos are important, are descriptive on the product. I have good photos to sell the physical products.

On information products no sucess.

Probably is the advertising, as someone told me: "selling information is another beast, another level is required to sell".

I think is that, I am not good yet for sell information products.
Old October 17, 2020, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Default Go to the well that gives you water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Thanks Gordon.

I have a succesful mail order small business.

I tested both information products and physical products.

I tested different niches on info products - from gardening, car mechanic secrets to how to teach tricks to your cat. I got discouraged, no sales. I got much leads, but no sales.

On the physical products i tested many different products, and I have sucess on physical products. From jewlery to automobile acessories. The photos are important, are descriptive on the product. I have good photos to sell the physical products.

On information products no sucess.

Probably is the advertising, as someone told me: "selling information is another beast, another level is required to sell".

I think is that, I am not good yet for sell information products.

This is good, you have buyers. Way ahead of most.

So, stay in touch, offer other things, and find your best sellers and cut bait on the dogs...sounds good. One vendor I point out is solar-vision on Ebay, who sells strange information products and jewelry too. He seems to have figured it out, his information is (I think) printed on demand.

You might get some ideas, or might not.

But I like the information being a print on demand REAL PRODUCT, SENT in tne mail.

https://www.ebay.com/str/solarvisionpublishing

Check him out.

Gordon
Old October 17, 2020, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default The QOP model, which you are very familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for sharing this... great video!

The thing I got most out of it is the business model he used in his collaboration with Elaine Floyd...

As I understood it...
  • Elaine Floyd was the expert in the topic of the product. Marlon knew little or nothing about this specific topic.
  • Marlon interviewed Elaine Floyd for 3 hours, and recorded it
  • He got the interview transcribed
  • I believe that was the product (the interview, probably audio, plus the transcription)
  • The "deal" was Marlon Sanders would write the sales page
  • Then each of them would sell the product independently... Elaine could use the sales page Marlon wrote (which Marlon would use too)...
I thought that was an interesting model!

It also shows the "leverage" you can have if you know copywriting and marketing...

Best wishes,

Dien

Pretty much what you had posted, the QOP HOTSHEET from Harvey Brody...

but here's a deal for our readers, if ANYONE wants to practice this: doing an interview, making a product from it, then I'm game for it.

If anyone wants to interview me, let me know what TOPICS, what would be the intent (and practice is OK), and if you were to market it, how, and and to whom.

Let me know.

Gordon
Old October 18, 2020, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Default EASY value adds to your interview.

Quote:
Pretty much what you had posted, the QOP HOTSHEET from Harvey Brody...

but here's a deal for our readers, if ANYONE wants to practice this: doing an interview, making a product from it, then I'm game for it.

If anyone wants to interview me, let me know what TOPICS, what would be the intent (and practice is OK), and if you were to market it, how, and and to whom.

Let me know.

Gordon

Once you do an interview, you can add value to it with:

Checklists. Like the Copywriter's checklist (for copy writers), or the Launch Sequence checklists.

Or HOTSHEETS, especially graphics heavy, like the Hero's Journey for story tellers.

TIPS sheets, or booklets, my one piece of paper turned into a 16 page booklet as example, called a Pocket Pro in my line.

Add a bonus to your interview, and increase sales too.

Gordon
Old October 18, 2020, 11:24 AM

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for replying.

My business BOOMED on the beggining on the pandemic, and got dropped only in the end of September.

So, with this drop, I focused better:

1. Only run ADS on weekends, is when I have more profit.

2. Only run ADS on SUPER-PRODUCTS (the products that sell better than the others);

3. Focus on the SUPER MARKETS (I sell to different markets, and I notice there are markets much better than others. Maybe because I have the right product to the market. However I get priority on the SUPER MARKETS);

4. Contact more the Clients list with new/other products.

5. Contact more the LEADS list.

And this is working very good for me.

About the information products... I think is what I said: "is needed a better skill to sell information products".

Thanks for sharing that EBAY Vendor, there are really very weird stuff there.

Regards.