SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 5, 2007, 02:17 PM
Kbayer

Thumbs up Recommend a course or program to learn internet biz?

After several years of using the internet strictly as an information resource, I thought I'd finally dig in and look into the moneymaking avenues it has to offer. I've been pretty much overwhelmed by the amount of free info there is regarding website set-ups, ebook publishing, making money on ebay, adwords, blogging profits, clickbank, you-tube profits, etc...

There's a ton of internet biz courses out there, with all the authors saying there's is the best. I suppose what it will come down to is finding a particular niche that I like, then focusing on that one area, right?

But can anyone recommend a site or course that has a pretty good overview on internet marketing, whether it's selling ebooks, affiliate marketing, wholesaling, etc -- geared towards beginners? From there, maybe then I could choose a direction to take.

I've read some great sales pages regarding programs that are out there, such as "The Rich Jerk", or some of the higher dollar ones like John Reese or Derek Gehl... but I'd hate to get stuck where the program is purchased then does nothing but sell more of what the author offers...

There are a couple of good "program review" sites, but I'm not sure how trustworthy those are...

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by Kbayer : January 5, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old January 5, 2007, 05:00 PM
Andy

Default Re: Recommend a course or program to learn internet biz?

Hey Ken,
Its not a program or course but Ive been looking at SiteSell.com (I'm not an affiliate). Looks like you get tons of usable tools to set up your site, promote your site, submit your site to search engines etc. I would be interested in hearing from sitesell customers about the experiences they have had.
Old January 5, 2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Default I Recommend Dan Butler's course for 27 bux

I wrote about it in Make IT Happen in 2007.

I'm NOT an affiliate for this, but I think it is an excellent GO square...the starting point. It is 27 dollars. NICE resources section comes with it and Dan sends some useful emails too.

It is my pick for a good overview.

http://www.tnpcnewsletter.com/p/quickbiz/

Also, you'll find some good picks in Make IT Happen in 2007 too.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Make IT Happen in 2007 Here:
http://www.tinyurl.com/y3tuw5
Old January 5, 2007, 10:16 PM
Phil

Default Specialize in You!

You explained it Exactly...

Too Much General information is like searching using the wrong Keywords.

Try Focusing in One particular area and Find a "Proven" Expert who has Walked the Walk in that particular area of interest...

Then Study, Learn and "Twist" from within that mentorship knowledge group and Model.

I could recommend many of the Best to Follow...

But I sincerely believe that's why so many newbies Fail...

Just Too Much stuff that only Confuses and Holds up the Action process even more!

Nobody can be Best at Everything...

So the Key is Specialize in You!

Phil

Last edited by Phil : January 5, 2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: additional info
Old January 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
evenforever

Default Why learn from one guy when you could learn from 5 millionaires?

KBayer,

If you want to see a good course, I would suggest the Information Milionaire's Boot Camp. Millionaires like Dan Kennedy, Ron LeGrand, Bob Allen and others really go into depth on how to start an internet business.

There are 16 Cd's altogether, but you can download the first Cd for free from

http://www.information-millionaires-...ewsletter.html

You can check out the first Cd for free here, and also get a product with master resell rights as a bonus.

You can't really loose, so I would give it a shot. Who knows, you might like it!

Warmly,

Aaron Krall

Discover The Innermost Shocking Secrets of 5 Information Marketing Millionaires
http://www.information-millionaires-bootcamp.com
Over $2,000 in products with resell rights included
Old January 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
jdbradshaw

KBayer,

If you would like to find reviews about different internet marketing products
and courses, Dave Vallieres has a new site that has nothing but that...and
it's free. You can find it here: http://www.businesseproductsreview.com

Re: information overload...I think most of us suffer from it from time to time.

One thing I have done this past week (I think it was recommended to me by
Paul Myers in one of his ebooks) is to go through my emails and unsubscribe
from many ezines that I just don't have time to read. I picked a few of the authors
that I like and kept on their lists. The others...well, I may be back.
Maybe, maybe not.

You just can not travel down too many paths at the same time.

"Choose you this day whom you will serve" is a Bible verse talking about
choosing your "God". Yet it sort of applies to internet marketing...it's impossible
to follow after every guru that offers a new and better way.

Pick one (a good one) and stay with him or her.

How do you find a good one? Ask around. Look for verifiable results.

Find someone who is where you want to be. Ask them how they got there.
Ask them to mentor you. Then do what they say.

Sorry...I didn't mean to preach a sermon ; )

Hope you find your answers!

JDB

P.S. Help me celebrate my birthday: http://www.i-65.com/giveaway
Old January 13, 2007, 02:21 PM
Doc Jakson

I'd like to jump in a make a suggestion here. I think almost every internet marketer or would be marketer sooner or later gets overwhelmed with the amount of information available out there. Some of it's good and some of it frankly...sucks big time. Before buying anything I would strongly suggest you get an inderpendent appraisal of the course, software, e book, boot camp, seminar.etc. befor you spend a dime.

I'm part of of a group that's put together an independent review site with no ads, no pitches, no hype..just reviews of products by real people who have bought and used them. Even though I'm involved with the site in question, I use it myself to check out stuff before I buy. You can save yourself a lot of heartache and money by learning about the products first.

Also, if you already own one or more products that haven't been reviewed you're welcome to write one up and post it on the site.

Check out the link in my signature..might be the best move you ever made in this crazy business..

all the best,
Doc
Old January 21, 2007, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Internet Marketing Info Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbayer View Post
But can anyone recommend a site or course that has a pretty good overview on internet marketing, whether it's selling ebooks, affiliate marketing, wholesaling, etc -- geared towards beginners? From there, maybe then I could choose a direction to take.

Well, the marketing course found at http://www.marketingtips.com/tipsltr.html is probably the best one ever written to this day. It's a bit pricey, though. Not sure if you would consider it for beginners, but it certainly is thorough, IMHO. But perhaps worth a look into if you have the cash. There's also a free one too more geared for beginners. http://www.imstarter.com/

It also does not hurt to learn from forums like this one as well as others. Problem with courses and guides is that they do not contain the latest techniques since said latest techniques might only work for a few months and then no more. But they can prove to be more profitable than the traditional techniques while they are workable. I won't list any forums here as I don't know if it's allowed, but if you do a search on Google for internet marketing forums, I'm sure you'll find a few of the best at the top.

Hope that helps.

Good luck
Old January 22, 2007, 04:07 AM
jchengery

Hello Kbayer,

I also recommend the site that jdbradshaw and Doc Jakson recommended - RatingsHub - you can find it below. It will provide unbiased reviews on many different Internet marketing resources across many different fields, from email marketing and article marketing to Google Adsense and PPC.

Also, speaking of Dave Vallieres, you may want to invest in his "You Can Make A Living Online" Internet Marketing course - it is regarded as one of the best online Internet marketing courses you can take, and is considerably different from most online courses in that Dave reveals what truly made him successful - he holds nothing back. Also, Dave teaches you and shows you what you have to do to succeed online, no matter what the subject matter is.

I believe he still offers the course at certain times (I don't think he himself has stopped selling it, but I'm not sure on this,) or you can purchase from one of his resellers - look them up via Google. Either way, you would probably want to go to http://www.infoproductlab.com (NOT an affiliate link) and sign up for his "Fail Faster" ebook - it's a very useful free ebook that can help you learn what to do online to help you succeed online quicker. This way, you can get on his list and find out when/if he is offering the course again so you can take advantage of it.

Also, out of 9 reviews on RatingsHub, You Can Make Your Living Online gets 4.9/5 stars. (And no, these reviewers aren't obligated to give Dave Vallieres' course high remarks because RatingsHub is a site owned by Dave Vallieres; the course is just that good. I myself am still going through it - there's a lot of information in there. :-)

Good luck in your online quest - may you be successful online.

Take care and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Joe Chengery III
Old January 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
hanleo46

Default Recommendations for Internet Biz Courses

Hello Kbayer

There is an overwhelming amount of info out there, and a zillion courses

The best way still is to build a list in the" niche" markets you are most
"interested in", and focus on building a relationship with them.

My biggest problem has always been too many "focus's" if there is such a word.

I have assembled a site that I refer to, when I feel I am losing my focus, you might be interested in