SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 11, 2022, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Spring into profits with INFORMATION.

Brand new, limited time.

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/April22.pdf

Give me a shout out if interested.

Gordon
Old April 11, 2022, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Tranquil profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Brand new, limited time.

Gordon

Also, I want to share this, however, the report it refers to is not for sale at this time, just wanted to show a simple promotion.

It ain't rocket science.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcspxgqnap...quila.pdf?dl=0

Gordon
Old April 12, 2022, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default The process, and getting a bit slammed.

Quote:
Also, I want to share this, however, the report it refers to is not for sale at this time, just wanted to show a simple promotion.

It ain't rocket science.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcspxgqnap...quila.pdf?dl=0

Gordon

Tranquil Profits. Sounds like a good report. Anyhoo...

I'm getting quite a bit of mail on this go around, from here and Warrior Forum.

I like to do some research into the markets, and that will more than likely determine my interest in YOUR stuff.

Also, one possibility is the INTERVIEW, which we would use as a front end piece or lead gen to get interest in your stuff...as I did with Harvey Brody and the Question Oriented Person interview of a decade ago.

What I like to look at is what is the market currently buying in your niche, how can WE differentiate ourselves from that, what is UNIQUE and what would be the best (easiest and fastest) way to monitize it for us both.

The other thing is, I have to be selective too, so choices are made on what will be mutually beneficial for us both.

So far, some very interesting stuff and I was right (as usual) you all have a boat load of STORED VALUE that you are letting go to waste.

Hopefully, we can get it out of your brain (or off your shelves) and into the marketplace for a some tasty profits.

Thanks for your patience too.

Gordon
Old April 12, 2022, 07:09 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default If you want to get into the great "game" of selling information...

Quote:
Brand new, limited time.

I'll say this...

If you ever wanted to get into the "game" of making money from information (and it's a fantastic "game" to get into)... This is a very rare and valuable offer from Gordon... Because it's not always available...

Gordon got me into the information game... And I love it!

Not only will you end up with a product... You'll end up with additional knowhow, too, on how to do it...

If (and I said if) you want to get the money rolling in from selling information... Then I would not ignore this offer from Gordon... As you will then miss out. Then you'll just be left wondering what could have happened...

I started working with Gordon over 20 years ago, and never looked back!

You'll never look back too...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 13, 2022, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Default The fortunes we've left on the table too.

Thanks Dien, I'm going to talk about our "mistakes", which they weren't so much made as chosen and this only to any economic baseline this forum could have taken. There are forum with tens of thousands of people.

I remember sitting with you and Rick Smith on the Shearaton Veranda and discussing what we'd want in a forum. Although business was the main focus we gave ourselves permission to discuss anything that interested us.

In hindsight, putting together two HIGHLY intelligent, good looking guys who are of the ADD variety, maybe should have been thunk about a bit more.

I know, yes, we both got fat and ugly with time against us, but it didn't effect ouir nokledge did it? HA!

If I were advising someone else to start a forum today, I would say SINGULAR purpose, focus, and family of products/services. Then, if you have other interests, create a different space for those and split your time between your interests as you want.

Over the past 22 years, we've had some adventures, you traveling the world, me traveling the states, tending to our many outside interests as we went.

What I am saying, would not be possible for us, because of ADD or as I prefer ECLECTIC interests ( a little reframing see) is I doubt either of us could have built and SUSTAINED a project if we had been forced to focus in on the one thing as Curly of City Slickers might say.

One mistake with INFORMATION, maybe, and I'm really guilty of this one, is I didn't keep the work in circulation long enough and update regularly to keep it fresh, something I would advise others today to do.

We should scores of reports, courses, HOTSHEETS and dozens of Automatic Product Vending sites, but as really smart people say, "it is what it is".

We've done well, but we have probably left enough money on the table to have been able to buy a nice dinghy for Tiger Woods' yacht, ya know?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I'll say this...

If you ever wanted to get into the "game" of making money from information (and it's a fantastic "game" to get into)... This is a very rare and valuable offer from Gordon... Because it's not always available...

Not only will you end up with a product... You'll end up with additional knowhow, too, on how to do it...

If (and I said if) you want to get the money rolling in from selling information... Then I would not ignore this offer from Gordon... As you will then miss out. Then you'll just be left wondering what could have happened...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 16, 2022, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default PDF hotsheets. An example,

Thanks Dien,

You remember my friend Phyllis, (RIP), who was a wire jewelry maker when you came to visit. She got really good a couple of years later and her jewelry was in great demand.

I helped her set up a NETWORK of local upscale beauty shops, where they displayed her work on CONSIGNMENT, Network and Consignment are sort of one my signature moves with chatteling.

Anyhow, we don't discuss plans, blueprints, and guides much, although I did cover them in the IP report and in HOTSHEETS.

Here is an example:

https://etsy.me/36iUtki

It doesn't have to be much, just INFORMATION which is wanted by a niche.

Eh?

Gordon

P.S. This etsy marketer not only sells the jewelry, she has dozens of such PDF files on her site too. I suspect, she documents each piece she makes for sale, and then, sells the piece, and in MJ DeMarco Polymorphic style, sells the HOW TO MAKE IT pdf for years to come. See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I'll say this...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 18, 2022, 11:59 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default That's one lesson I need to implement!

Hi Gordon,

Of course I remember Phyllis, and how you both showed me some of her great handiwork once when I visited Ohio...

Creating a network (as you're talking about) is not something I've done, yet... But it's something I ought to do...

When you think about it, it's something Harvey has pretty much always done, too...

One of those lessons I need to learn...

Thanks!

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. I haven't written about it much... But among the information I collect is information on creating "how-to" print products... Like blueprints, sewing patterns, knitting patterns, and sometimes they're further developed into kits...

Here's an interesting one I found recently... A couple of guys who sell cabins that can be put together quickly and easily, from a kit...

This Vancouver business offers stunning cabins in a kit — by barge, truck or helicopter
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/l...copter-5183258

Quote:
Thanks Dien,

You remember my friend Phyllis, (RIP), who was a wire jewelry maker when you came to visit. She got really good a couple of years later and her jewelry was in great demand.

I helped her set up a NETWORK of local upscale beauty shops, where they displayed her work on CONSIGNMENT, Network and Consignment are sort of one my signature moves with chatteling.

Anyhow, we don't discuss plans, blueprints, and guides much, although I did cover them in the IP report and in HOTSHEETS.

Here is an example:

https://etsy.me/36iUtki

It doesn't have to be much, just INFORMATION which is wanted by a niche.

Eh?

Gordon

P.S. This etsy marketer not only sells the jewelry, she has dozens of such PDF files on her site too. I suspect, she documents each piece she makes for sale, and then, sells the piece, and in MJ DeMarco Polymorphic style, sells the HOW TO MAKE IT pdf for years to come. See?
Old April 13, 2022, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Spring into profits with INFORMATION.

Gordon, do you do consulting on how to turn around a already running info-business?

My situation: I have 4 different niche e-reports. I advertise all of them only at Facebook Feeds with paid ADS.

Until now only of 2 of them I can sell, but always losing money, not covering Facebook ADS budget.

I am testing different AD layouts and different MARKETS on Facebook audience – I believe those are the keys, I don't think changing MEDIA (for the type of e-books I am selling) will be the solution. Well, of course having a SUPER PRODUCT (a "magic bullet") can be the solution too.

My research was zero: I just intuitively tested different products. Probably this is the obvious solution.

People respond to the AD, send message via Facebook chat, make payment and I send the e-report by Facebook Chat. That's what I am doing.

Not sending to outside landing page. All done by Facebook chat.

Any consulting service available from your side?

Thanks Gordon.

Last edited by MikePT : April 13, 2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old April 13, 2022, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default No, l no longer consult with anyone.

I'm happy to share freely, here and even by email.

I no longer take people's money for my time (different thing than offering information)...to make up for it, I would have to charge $1,000.00 for the first half hour and $2,000,00 for each additional half hour. So far, no one has been willing to pay my fee.

That doesn't mean I won't offer my opinions, and tell you what I think, and I do that all the time, if you want to send email, mine has been the same for over 20 years now, [email protected]

Now you already have a pretty good idea of some of the questions, with information it will be much like the NPGS Formula from 7 Steps.

PRODUCT
PROSPECT
PROMOTION
MEDIA

How about a few questions I put in red below, then if you want to continue, shoot me an email, or if you want to buy my time, now you know my rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Gordon, do you do consulting on how to turn around a already running info-business?

NO. When I see red flags, such as "turning around", which tells me it is going in the wrong direction, in the past on numerous occasions I've found the owner/founder unwilling to do what is needed. Even then, I default to the NPGS formula, it is what I know, what I've seen and experienced and for over 40 years has produced BILLIONS of dollars in revenue, why deviate now?

My situation: I have 4 different niche e-reports. I advertise all of them only at Facebook Feeds with paid ADS.

Until now only of 2 of them I can sell, but always losing money, not covering Facebook ADS budget.

Are they four different niches? Can the best selling one be scaled up? Can it be expanded? Updated? How did you pick these niches? What are other people doing in them?

See that is the sort of questioning I do via email if you want privacy.

I am testing different AD layouts and different MARKETS on Facebook audience – I believe those are the keys, I don't think changing MEDIA (for the type of e-books I am selling) will be the solution. Well, of course having a SUPER PRODUCT (a "magic bullet") can be the solution too.

Too be very blunt, as I am known to be, your belief has nothing to do with the facts. What are the different markets? How are you changing the ads? What is a magic bullet?

My research was zero: I just intuitively tested different products. Probably this is the obvious solution.

Well, honest to Pete, this is flabberghasting, I'm gobsmacked. Your intuition sucks (ask your results/wallet). So I would strongly advise against using your intuition and look for data.

People respond to the AD, send message via Facebook chat, make payment and I send the e-report by Facebook Chat. That's what I am doing.

Not sending to outside landing page. All done by Facebook chat.

OK and this is being done at a loss, you haven't made back the cost of the advertising, right? What feedback have you've had? What questions do you ask the buyers when they do buy from you? Is your avatar not sure about Facebook chat method? And you haven't tested a landing page?

Any consulting service available from your side? NO!

Thanks Gordon.

My consulting questions, IF I did it would be the above with a heavy focus on

Why would anyone want your product? What problem does it solve? What is the urgency in buying it AND why from you if similar info is out there? What have you done to create credibility, authority and why are they interested?

Where are the ads being seen, you know I call this the INTERSECTION and that is where the Promotion meets the Prospect in the given Media and learn about the Product. One or more of those four things is creating your problem.

Have you tried an Automatic Product Vending route?

If we continue with email, and you won't be the first, many of whom can't answer the basic questions like what do you want and why?

Then I would ask you what do your customers want and why?

Then WHY aren't you selling them information they want?

Gordon
Old April 13, 2022, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Spring into profits with INFORMATION.

Thanks Gordon, I will send you an e-mail.

However let me just explain why I just tested and didn't any research:

1- On my physical products business I made exactly that: by ONLY testing a LOT of different and various products. I did this because:

2- The group supports/networking on direct response, advertising , entrepreneurship and business, on my experience, here in my Country are very, very, very poor. So I decided do it my self by simply testing. Test
to see if would be possible to sell physical products with nice PROFIT by direct-response advertising. And of course, is. Now I am trying to sell digital products, (e-books and consulting services), by direct-response with nice PROFIT as I sell physical products ;

3- I don't see any relevant competition - on selling e-books by direct response it doesn't exist, far as I know, I don't see anyone doing with sucess. So I cannot see who advertises where I can see the ads . So this is like the American old
Wide west. Or as the anedocte: "We came to Africa to sell shoes, where no one dress shoes - that proof no one is interested in using shoes so we have no chance OR it is an golden opportunity to people start using shoes!"

So I am on this situation: Yes, is possible to sell e-books on Facebook without sending to landing pages. The question is if I can do it with a NICE PROFIT – as I do it selling physical products.