SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 11, 2007, 09:44 PM
Phil

Default Starting a Web Based Business... Might contain your Answer!

For those that haven't viewed these Excellent Free John Reese videos.

May Help a little in Focusing and getting Started!

http://www.marketingsecrets.com/imag...dofincome.html

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6047

http://www.marketingsecrets.com/imag...ootmethod.html

Phil
Old January 11, 2007, 09:49 PM
Jason

Default Re: Repeat purchase vs. One sale only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Mark,

Perhaps I should have picked a better example. Washing machines? How often do people buy a new washing machine?

While you may not purchase a washer or dryer every year or two, there are several people who may purchase several per year.

Perhaps if I were in the large appliance business, I would focus my energy on folks that MAYBE would purchase several units per year.

Maybe I would put a promo package together for a few of the nations top home builders to use my discounted washer and dryers as a promo tool to get folks to purchse the homes they just built.

Or maybe contact some of the top producing Realtors in the area and ofer them a similar promo package.

Even if you are selling one time purchases like a casket, you can step up to help guarantee repeat sales.

If I were selling caskets, I would try to think of a way to get repeat sales, while not from the same person but from the same family anyhow.

Off of the top of my head.......

How about offering a family crest that would be built/carved/inlaid into the casket.
Obviously, I would be the only one with the mold/pattern and if another family member in the future wanted it, they would need to buy a casket from me.
Sure would help make my job a bit easier, and over time I may even be able to quit looking for work and it would start finding me as I have made it almost impossible to get the goods elsewhere.

It makes no diff what biz you are in, it is always cheaper to maintain your current customer than it is to obtain a new one.

Jason
Old January 11, 2007, 10:12 PM
Jason

Default Re: Doh! (Slaps forehead.) Here's a good example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
A great example of a "one sale only" product is a book or ebook!

For example, I bought the book, "How To Sell Anything To Anybody" by Joe Girard. Chances are, I'll never buy it again - whether I loved it or hated it! That's because, once I've read it, I've "got" the information... I don't need a second copy of the book!

However... People who are happy with the book will recommend it to their friends. (As I did.)

- Dien

You are however familiar with the "brand" and may purchse another of his books "only if you are a happy customer"
Maybe even buy his complete dvd and book set for $300.

If you were really nice, you may even pay him for a live speaking event for all of us on Sowpub ; ) ! (really will you?)

To liken that to the washer and dryer example...
If you bought a Whirlpool washer and dryer, you may not need another for 15 years or so, but in all likelyhood you will need other major appliances such as a stove, oven, and dishwasher within that 15 year period.

So if you are happy with the washer and dryer and the service you received from the salesperson, would it be fair to assume that you could be a repeat customer of the "brand?"
Jason
Old January 11, 2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: internet marketing stuff ...

If you are a member of bymers.com - Bill recently posted about this same issue.

His solution: start with simpler ideas. Ideas that take 1-2 days or maybe 1 week to start and test. And move on from there.

That is why - starting with Hotsheets is such a good idea. Its simple and its quick.

And you'll find Hotsheet success stories after whom you can model right on sowpub!
Old February 23, 2022, 08:25 AM
marcuswright

Default Re: internet marketing stuff ...

Can anyone help me with link building