SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 14, 2007, 11:00 PM
MichaelRoss

Default The dull and unexciting way to invest in property...

Duane,

Thanks for your sharing your discoveries.

Quote:
I was actually SURPRISED that you were getting a loan. Surprised becasue there was a discussion a while back about a "FOREIGNERS SECRET TO WEALTH" and the discussion of debt.

I don't think it's counter to that discussion. That discussion is still as valid as it ever was. As is the discussion about Socializing being Bad for your Wealth. You are far more likely to Get Ahead if you are Debt Free and don't spend your money on Living It Up and Being Seen or General Unproductive Socializing.

My Debt is an Investment Debt. A Debt that makes me more money (rent and value increase) than it costs me (interest and maintenance). A Going Forward debt. As opposed to a Going Backwards debt as would be the case with loans for a Big Screen TV, Flashy Car, HiFi, Furniture and so on. And as would be the case with putting things onto the Plastic.

But even with an Investment Debt you MUST Know Your Numbers.

Too many people get the Real Estate Bug and invest like this...

1. Buy where property has Just gone up to top dollar.
2. Borrow the Maximum they are allowed to borrow.
3. Use All their deposit in doing so.

As such, they are a few years away from any Value Growth and the rent gets them nowhere near close to even just interest payments. And any slight interest rate increase sees them in Massive Financial Trouble. (They'll struggle for a few years then kiss off the property and RE as a bad joke, not realizing it was just their approach that was wrong.)

E.g. Guy buys a place for $350k at 7% interest with 10% deposit. Borrows $315k. Interest alone is $22,050. Rents it for $240 per week or $12,480 for the year - a shortfall of $9,570 per year ($184 per week).

If interest goes to 8% it will cost him an Additional $60 per week $3,150 a year. A total weekly outgoing of $244 which Must come out of his pocket. Anything that needs fixing is gonna really put the squeeze on him if the extra $60 hasn't already.

His basic return on Sales price is rent/price x 100... $12,480/$350,000 x 100 = 3.56% and he's hurting bad.

My Approach is different...

1: Buy in a Future Growth Area (rents will be higher compared to prices)
2: Do not borrow to your maximum capabilities - borrow less than you can afford.
3: Do not use All your deposit - keep some in reserve in case of little emergencies and have that Reserve fund invested, even in a term deposit, so you are making some money on it too.

With the same $35k deposit at the ready and the same borrowing power, a Future Growth area might have a place for $180,000 which rents for $180 per week ($9,360 per year) a return of 5.2% (Any weekly rent which matches the asking prices in thousands - 180 thou, 180 week - gives 5.2%. Weekly rent Above the asking price in thousands gives greater than 5.2%, less gives less than 5.2%. It's handy to know this.)

With a 10% deposit the borrowing is $162,000. At 7% interest the interest is $11,340. Rent brings $9,360 for a shortfall of only $38 per week. An amount my $17,000 in left over deposit can easily handle for 447 weeks (8+ years).

If I'd used $25k deposit I borrow $155k and have interest of $10,850 a shortfall of $1,490 ($28 per week). My left over $10k can pay that for 357 weeks (6+ years). (If I used all my deposit my shortfall is only $15 per week.)

If, with the first number, I put my $17k in a term deposit at 4%, I'll get $680 a year. I can use that to offset my shortfall by $13 a week. Meaning I just need to find $25 a week.

The thing is, I was probably Saving more than $38 a week anyway to acquire my $35k deposit. So even without my Reserve and any interest I get from it I am capable of holding onto the property no matter what. And can acquire two such properties.

(BTW, on this property, interest would have to go to 19% before I faced the same $184 a week shortfall as the first property. If I could afford it before, I'd still be able to afford it now. With 19% interest on the first property I'd be short by $47,370 a year and would most likely have declared bankruptcy by then as there would be few people around capable of affording to buy my problem from me.)

Also, I have a better chance of the rent increasing and covering any shortfall in the next couple of years when I buy this way. (The above does not include any Tax Refund I get from Interest paid or Depreciation of internal items. They are nice but I need to financially survive until that refund comes in.)

I haven't done anything Creative in the examples. All I did was Buy Smarter.

And the foreigner who is unable to get into debt, will likely think this way too if/when they are able to borrow to invest (or acquire their own home). If for no other reason than that's how they've been forced to live up until that moment - making sure they always had money left over.

By going out to the max borrowing power and using all their deposit, they are skating on thin ice and just one interest rate rise away from disaster. (Most people do it this way. No wonder it doesn't work.)

Borrowing less than they can afford and buying cheaper places with higher rent ratios and not using all their deposit, enables them to weather any financial hiccups. (This keeps you financially stable all the time.)

Michael Ross
Old July 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Thoughts on business

What a great reply you made to Sandy's post Michael. You don't preach "the secret" to others. You just seem to live it! Despite all my preaching about using the secret to remain focused on the good I still fall far short of remaining happy. My second name is Grumpy... especially before my daily dose of caffeine kicks in.

It's a rare individual who can remain cheerful for 30 days straight. I'm lucky to go for 3 hours before I find myself complaining about some small matter instead of just letting go and enjoying the ride.

And you are so right about most people being better off with a job than their own business. If money alone was the measurement of success most people would be better off with a full time job and a part time business as you suggest.

However, running your own business can force you to think, act, grow and become more of what you can be.

If it wasn't for experiencing first hand - the "FOREIGNERS SECRET TO WEALTH" that Duane mentions in this thread for myself, I'd really be miserable. I took part in that thread and was not one of the people to figure out what was the one "Advantage" that most foreigners arrive with in their new land. You even gave the answer but being told the answer I still didn't Know the answer until I lived it. So I had to learn the hard way and move to another country and experience gaining the foreigners "Advantage" myself. I'm not nearly as grateful as I should be..

Even today I think that I would be better off working a real job by day and doing one or two photo sessions per evening. But I'm so spoiled and lazy now I just want to sit in front of the computer and dream of riches without actually doing much of anything.

Without the advantage of your "Success Factor" I'd be up the creek without a paddle. Left to my own motivation I'd surely sink than swim. On my own I would take it easy and only do one or two shoots a week and goof off at the beach the rest of the time.

I thank God that my wife cares enough to give me the swift motivational kick in the rear I need to get going and stay on track. Without her and the certain advantages we now enjoy by joining forces and masterminding our talents together I'd probably be on welfare or driving truck cross country and not having the luxury of staying in one place so I could work part time hours at something that can produce full time income.

I couldn't do what I do now without her unless I hired several people to help me. But without her I wouldn't even have the motivation to do that.

I'd just be content being a so called wage slave and would just continue to dream while doing little. But my wife deserves more and I'm determined to increase my awareness and my income because (you know what).

I'll still continue to preach "The Secret" but without my wife and "The Success Factor" along with a little action - I wouldn't have much of a life.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.AntiquePhotographyBusiness.com

PS... What are the 9 lessons as you see them and what is your 2nd announcement of a commercial nature? Curiosity has captured my attention.

Last edited by SteveSki : July 15, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old July 15, 2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Excellent Post Michael! Thanks. (DNO)

DNO = Do Not Open
Old July 16, 2007, 01:31 PM
Duane Adolph

Default More like Bright and Exciting....

Michael,

THANKS for sharing the DETAILS of your mindset with the an example.

I particularly got a lot from the Contrast that you see in your method vs what you see other real estate investors doing.

It also cleared up that question in regard to the "Foreigners Secret to Wealth" I had alluded to in my previous post. Thank you.

I actually found your method "Bright and Exciting," because it demonstrates what can be done in real estate or any investing while minimizing your financial risk.

Lessons Learned

1. Be Conscious of your numbers (KEEP SCORE)
2. Buy smarter
3. Use debt wisely ie. borrow less than you need

Thanks Michael I will add this one to my BRILLIANT POSTS file folder :->

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Duane,

Thanks for your sharing your discoveries.

I don't think it's counter to that discussion. That discussion is still as valid as it ever was. As is the discussion about Socializing being Bad for your Wealth. You are far more likely to Get Ahead if you are Debt Free and don't spend your money on Living It Up and Being Seen or General Unproductive Socializing.

My Debt is an Investment Debt. A Debt that makes me more money (rent and value increase) than it costs me (interest and maintenance). A Going Forward debt. As opposed to a Going Backwards debt as would be the case with loans for a Big Screen TV, Flashy Car, HiFi, Furniture and so on. And as would be the case with putting things onto the Plastic.

But even with an Investment Debt you MUST Know Your Numbers.

Too many people get the Real Estate Bug and invest like this...

1. Buy where property has Just gone up to top dollar.
2. Borrow the Maximum they are allowed to borrow.
3. Use All their deposit in doing so.

As such, they are a few years away from any Value Growth and the rent gets them nowhere near close to even just interest payments. And any slight interest rate increase sees them in Massive Financial Trouble. (They'll struggle for a few years then kiss off the property and RE as a bad joke, not realizing it was just their approach that was wrong.)

E.g. Guy buys a place for $350k at 7% interest with 10% deposit. Borrows $315k. Interest alone is $22,050. Rents it for $240 per week or $12,480 for the year - a shortfall of $9,570 per year ($184 per week).

If interest goes to 8% it will cost him an Additional $60 per week $3,150 a year. A total weekly outgoing of $244 which Must come out of his pocket. Anything that needs fixing is gonna really put the squeeze on him if the extra $60 hasn't already.

His basic return on Sales price is rent/price x 100... $12,480/$350,000 x 100 = 3.56% and he's hurting bad.

My Approach is different...

1: Buy in a Future Growth Area (rents will be higher compared to prices)
2: Do not borrow to your maximum capabilities - borrow less than you can afford.
3: Do not use All your deposit - keep some in reserve in case of little emergencies and have that Reserve fund invested, even in a term deposit, so you are making some money on it too.

With the same $35k deposit at the ready and the same borrowing power, a Future Growth area might have a place for $180,000 which rents for $180 per week ($9,360 per year) a return of 5.2% (Any weekly rent which matches the asking prices in thousands - 180 thou, 180 week - gives 5.2%. Weekly rent Above the asking price in thousands gives greater than 5.2%, less gives less than 5.2%. It's handy to know this.)

With a 10% deposit the borrowing is $162,000. At 7% interest the interest is $11,340. Rent brings $9,360 for a shortfall of only $38 per week. An amount my $17,000 in left over deposit can easily handle for 447 weeks (8+ years).

If I'd used $25k deposit I borrow $155k and have interest of $10,850 a shortfall of $1,490 ($28 per week). My left over $10k can pay that for 357 weeks (6+ years). (If I used all my deposit my shortfall is only $15 per week.)

If, with the first number, I put my $17k in a term deposit at 4%, I'll get $680 a year. I can use that to offset my shortfall by $13 a week. Meaning I just need to find $25 a week.

The thing is, I was probably Saving more than $38 a week anyway to acquire my $35k deposit. So even without my Reserve and any interest I get from it I am capable of holding onto the property no matter what. And can acquire two such properties.

(BTW, on this property, interest would have to go to 19% before I faced the same $184 a week shortfall as the first property. If I could afford it before, I'd still be able to afford it now. With 19% interest on the first property I'd be short by $47,370 a year and would most likely have declared bankruptcy by then as there would be few people around capable of affording to buy my problem from me.)

Also, I have a better chance of the rent increasing and covering any shortfall in the next couple of years when I buy this way. (The above does not include any Tax Refund I get from Interest paid or Depreciation of internal items. They are nice but I need to financially survive until that refund comes in.)

I haven't done anything Creative in the examples. All I did was Buy Smarter.

And the foreigner who is unable to get into debt, will likely think this way too if/when they are able to borrow to invest (or acquire their own home). If for no other reason than that's how they've been forced to live up until that moment - making sure they always had money left over.

By going out to the max borrowing power and using all their deposit, they are skating on thin ice and just one interest rate rise away from disaster. (Most people do it this way. No wonder it doesn't work.)

Borrowing less than they can afford and buying cheaper places with higher rent ratios and not using all their deposit, enables them to weather any financial hiccups. (This keeps you financially stable all the time.)

Michael Ross
Old July 16, 2007, 01:46 PM
Duane Adolph

Default One more blast from the past Real Estate Question Michael

Hi Michael,

Since we are on the topic of real estate. A long time ago there was a lady that had posted on Sowpub stating that she needed to raise $10,000 for a house. ( the amount may be off).

You had asked her a very important question which was "What specifically do you want? The $10,000 cash or to GET the house?"

She said "The HOUSE"

I looked for this post a while ago but was unable to locate it.

In that thread you had mentioned this website www.nobankredtape.com as a means for her to acquire the property based on her situation.

I think your words were "Talk To Manny" or something like that.

I have this site bookmarked in my files.

I was wondering if you had any comments on their program good or bad. From the Sales letter it appears to be a decent program to acquire property around the world without going to a bank even if you have bad credit.

Do you or anybody you know have any experience with "Manny"?

I've read the sales letter but would love to hear any personal experiences
as I will be branching into this area (Real Estate) in the near future.

Thanks in advance Michael

Duane Adolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
Michael,

THANKS for sharing the DETAILS of your mindset with the an example.

I particularly got a lot from the Contrast that you see in your method vs what you see other real estate investors doing.

It also cleared up that question in regard to the "Foreigners Secret to Wealth" I had alluded to in my previous post. Thank you.

I actually found your method "Bright and Exciting," because it demonstrates what can be done in real estate or any investing while minimizing your financial risk.

Lessons Learned

1. Be Conscious of your numbers (KEEP SCORE)
2. Buy smarter
3. Use debt wisely ie. borrow less than you need

Thanks Michael I will add this one to my BRILLIANT POSTS file folder :->

Last edited by Duane Adolph : July 16, 2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old July 16, 2007, 08:05 PM
MichaelRoss

Default How Manny's Program works...

Duane,

Thanks for asking about Manny.

Basically what Manny offers in his Program is a Contract For Deed (CFD). Manny can help with Negotiations (A big plus as far as I see it) and Drawing Up the Contract.

The idea he proposes is this...

Get the house on a CFD, with an agreed upon sales price Above the current asking price. Don't be concerned about this as the payments you make come off of this price and Add to the price at the same time. (It's all done with Math and Interest rate. I'll show you this further down the page.)

After a couple or five years - whatever the deal was for - you Then approach a bank to Refinance and Cash Out the seller. The bank is less likely to make you jump through hoops because...

1. You have proven your ability to afford the property thanks to your payments.

2. The amount you paid over the course of the contract is deemed as Deposit already paid.

3. The amount being financed is Less than the property is now worth.

Now. Before you say "No one will go for this" you need to now some more...

The properties being targeted for acquisition are Vacant. They are NOT the Primary Residence (PR) of the owner. And this is important because...

If the property is the PR the owner wants to be Cashed Out so they can either downsize and have cash left, or upgrade and so they need the cash.

A dwelling that is Not a PR is not needed to be cashed out right away. The owner had Probably been renting it or something. So they are More Likely to go for it.

Manny gives you some ads to use to have people with vacant homes Call You. And those ads do work!

I ran a few ads and had maybe a dozen callers offering me their place. And even though the ad specifically said Vacant I had people call who said they could Move Out to elsewhere.

My problem was... the people who called all wanted ridiculous amounts for their places. Like one guy who had a duplex pair and wanted over $400k Each! I could buy an entire home elsewhere for less than that.

And I was faced with this because the city I was living in at the time was going nuts. A real estate client I had at the time remarked to me that in all the years they had been selling real estate in the city (over 25) Nothing was like this. Homes would sell within days, literally. Another real estate client said about townhouses, a year or so ago we couldn't give them away at $145k, now we can't hold any at $285k.

In other words, no-one was hurting to sell. Any listing was virtually guaranteed a sale within 30 days. Longer than that and the ASKing price was total fantasy land. And that's who was calling me. I was advertising at the height of a boom so my timing was off - though I was still getting calls. I was getting calls from people who had a vacant home and who were willing to sell it to me on Terms. (Remember the three rules - buy at future growth area, borrow less than you can afford, keep money in reserve. Buying these places would have broken those rules.)

One thing to be aware of with a CFD... some jurisdictions consider them a Sale at the time the Contract is signed. So whatever Taxes the jurisdiction associates with a Normal sale are applicable on the signing. So don't go into something like this thinking you don't need Any money - you'd be committing the Leaving Yourself Short mistake. Think of it in all ways Like Borrowing From A Bank, as far as your numbers go. This point is so important I'll repeat it...

When buying with a Contract For Deed, think of it in all ways like borrowing from a bank, as far as your numbers go.

Let me give you an example...

If a bank says... you need 10% deposit PLUS an additional $5k for closing costs, then you know, if you want to buy a $200k place you'll need $20k deposit and $5k closing for a total of $25k. You'll be borrowing $180k which, at 7% interest gives you Interest of $12,600 ($242 per week).

If all you have is $25k and the $180k is the maximum you can borrow, acquiring this place could ruin you. You have no reserve money and a slight interest rate rise does you in.

The same rules should be applied to any places you acquire via CFD. The Payments MUST be affordable and you MUST have money left over after the signing. You may or may not - depending on what you negotiate - pay a deposit. And depending on your jurisdiction you may or may not need to pay closing taxes, levies and fees.

Here's how it Could work with Manny...

ASKing $200k. You agree to pay $218,500 and it breaks down like so...

Home Price $190k
Interest at 5% is $9,500
Contract Term is 3 years (total interest is 3 x $9,500 = $28,500

Total thus is $190k + $28,500 = $218,500.

If the property increases in value at 5% per year, after 3 years is it worth $231,500k. All you are borrowing is either $190k (if you were paying interest only) or a little less (if you were paying principal too). Either way, it's worth $41,500 more than the $190k you'll be borrowing. That's almost 18% equity to be considered a deposit - just about double the deposit the bank would have required from you to buy now.

This is how you pay more for the place - the owner Gets more than they asked for, they just have to wait a while to get it all. Tricky, eh?

Anyway. Manny's Program is good for people who banks want to make jump through hoops - such as business owners and those who may not have a full 10% deposit. But just because you can acquire a place without that hoopla does not mean you should forget your numbers. They are even more important because of the tendency to forget about them.

Paper (contracts) are Powerful things. They can help you - or - can make your life a misery if you mishandle them.

Currently in Australia, interest rates are around 7%. And those who broke the three rules and bought at the top of the market with little growth potential, borrowed the maximum they could afford and used all their money to do so, are now scared the rates will jump a quarter of one percent. In other words, a rate of 7.25% will do them in.

Heck, years ago I was paying 14% for a property investment loan! - and that was the cheapest money I could find at the time!! So it boggles my mind when I hear these people biatch about 7.25%, they just don't know how good they really have it. Of course, if they'd borrowed less than they could afford, kept money in reserve and bought places with as close to 5.2% return as possible (or greater) they wouldn't have the concern they now have.

Here's how that tiny rate rise does them in...

They borrow $400k for a place - this is the average in a lot of suburbs in this city now. At 7% their interest is $28,000 ($538 per week)! They rent the place out at $300 a week (about standard for such a place). The rent gives them $15,600 a year. Leaving them with a shortfall of $12,400 ($238 per week).

An extra quarter percent rate rise means an additional $1,000 a year about $20 a week ($80+ per month). As they were borderline already an extra $80 a month sinks them. Maybe they could handle half of that but not the full lot. This then forces them to live a bit on Credit Cards and pay the interest on the card (going further in the hole). At least until rates either come down - or - the lease expires and they can raise the rent.

BUT, if they raise the rent the tenant might leave to go elsewhere and the place is vacant - something they Really cannot afford.

If they had just bought a place 10% cheaper for $360k the interest would only be $25,200 and their shortfall would only be $9,600 ($184 per week). Leaving them with room to breathe before it got up to the $238 per week they could afford. And a rate rise of one quarter of one percent would only be $75 a month, $17 a week and would just take them to $200 a week shortfall and still give them a $38 a week buffer zone. Not to mention the extra money they would have in reserve thanks to using less deposit.

Anyway. That's the gist of Manny's program and why it's still good to go with your numbers even if having him help you. Hope this helps.

Michael Ross
Old July 16, 2007, 09:20 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Stuff "The Secret"

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Here's some more to Think about...

Quote:
You don't preach "the secret" to others. You just seem to live it!

I don't preach The Secret because it's Mystical Something For Nothing thinking - no different than a farmer asking the rain and crop god to give him good crops.

NOT ONCE did I write down a goal of doing this. I did not write "I have a Blue Card", "I can operate an excavator" or anything else. I wrote down absolutely nothing. I had No Written Goal. They are Not Needed. The Success Report covers the why's and wherfore's of this.

I did Not Affirm anything. Not Once did I say - mentally or audibly - that I had, or would have, any thing in particular or in general. Again, The Success Report covers the why's of this too.

I did Not Visualize anything. Not Once did I imagine holding a Blue Card (didn't even know what one looked like) or operating a piece of machinery or anything related to that. Once again, The Success Report covers this.

I did absolutely None of what The Secret espouses (hence I didn't Live it). The Secret is plain old mumbo jumbo something for nothing hogwash. I am Proof it is a load of feldercarb.

Quote:
It's a rare individual who can remain cheerful for 30 days straight

That was just my time In The Box. The entire time I was on the site I was Chipper. People stopped asking me how I was because they knew the answer was either going to be, Excellent!, Tops! or Fantastic! I'll let everyone else be "not bad", "could be worse" or "alright I s'pose".

Then again, I don't drink softdrink of any kind nor black tea or coffee. So my Mood isn't altered by what I consume. You might want to try it - go off the sugar and caffeine, deal with the headaches for a day or so, and then see how you feel mentally.

Quote:
I just want to sit in front of the computer and dream of riches without actually doing much of anything

Yep. Sounds just like The Secret thinking to me. HA! And sounds like you've bought into it.

Quote:
I'll still continue to preach "The Secret"

WHY? It's obviously Not working. So why continue to Preach it?

Think about it, seriously.

If The Secret was all it's cracked up to be, don't you think it would have worked for you by now? That is hasn't should be your own Proof it's garbage.

As far as I can tell, those who make money selling The Secret, or their own derivative of it, either made their money selling The Secret - or - made their money in other ways BUT attribute it to The Secret for their own agendas. And those who aren't rich by The Secret but who still encourage others to Follow The Secret also have something to gain by doing so - maybe an affiliate commission somewhere along the line, or they are hoping others will also buy into the Fantasy they did so they won't feel so bad about it.

I had this discussion with Nan Felding ages ago. She kept Pushing the idea of Prosperity Thinking even though she admitted she wasn't prosperous.

Humans are the highest level creatures on this planet. We are able to achieve Incredible things. And even though most people will be born, live and die and add nothing to human existence other than more humans, doesn't mean they couldn't have. They just didn't, for whatever reason.

But not one single human achievement was attained by mystical magical "Secret" thinking. It was achieve wholly and solely by a Rational Mind thinking Rational Thoughts to overcome legitimate obstacles. It was not achieve by Group Prayer or looking at photos dreamily. The moment you decide to throw out reason for mysticism is the moment you discard all that makes humans great. And you become no better than a savage who operates on instinct.

Landing on the moon was not achieved by Magik Think. It was achieved Rationally as a result of Rational Minds. Atomic Energy did not come about due to New Age Fantasy and Crystal Worship. It was achieved Rationally as a result of Rational Minds.

We laugh at the medieval peasants and their superstitions and fearfulness of witches and goblins and multiple gods. But in turn, most believe the same malarkey they did, but just call it The Secret instead.

There is only one way to achieve anything. To Rationally Think about it and to Take Action. Obviously, The Success Report can help with the Action part. But if you forgo rational thought then, at the moment, I see no way to help.

Michael Ross

P.S. I'll shortly reveal the lessons. Remember, I said there were At Least 9. There are More, but figured 9 of them would be identified.
Old July 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default Here's "The Real Secret" Steve

Steve,

Michael is correct. Before I ever bought his original Success Report, I was making money exactly how he states in his report. I just didn't put it together the way he writes it out.

After reading it I agree 200% with his insight. It's not a new way or new method. It's an insight that has no glamour or mystery attached to it, but it gets the job done better than any consultant/guru/marketer/counselor can reveal to you.

It does take your attention off obtaining but in return you obtain because of the results of taking the correct action. It's a paradox, but boy does it work.

I will say, that once you read his report, a light will come on in your head. Just remember, like any light, it can go out if you don't take the correct action. But don't think your correct action is the same as Michael's, Gordon's, Dien's or anyone for that matter.

Upon re-reading The Success Report, I'm releasing Pivotal Profits In Plain Sight, in 2 days. This is a direct result of me applying my correct action.

Michael knows what I'm talking about and you will to when you grab a copy of his report. You won't be sitting in front of your computer dreaming for very long after you read his 61 page report.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy
PS. Pivotal Profits In Plain Sight is not what you think it is.
Old July 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Stuff "The Secret" - Piss off!

Hi Michael, Boy am I pissed... not!

Thanks for your suggestion on cutting out the coffee and sugar. Good advice!

I read your Success Factor about the same time I started to study the secret by downloading the free screensaver and book at www.ScienceofGettingRich.net

The secret movie was based on that book and on the Master Key System.

I met my wife thanks to studying the secret. That led me to OZ. And now I earn more doing a one hour photo shoot than I did driving a truck for 40 hours a week. So at least for me... Einstein was right in that... "Imagination is more important than knowledge". You see... I had the knowledge of how to build a successful photography business in me for years. But I was unable to manifest it until I was able to picture myself doing it in my minds eye.

You don't seem to understand what the secret is. Your view and mine are two different things. Does that mean one of us is right while the other is wrong?

It's takes more than magical thinking to activate the secret. Action is required. There is an excellent Free Audio ebook on it here that talks about that. So maybe we are not talking about the same thing?

Everything you are now working to create first started as a thought in someones mind and when put into action... thoughts do manifest into reality. Do they not? Or are thoughts not things?

You may not have written your dreams and goals out on paper but like the science of getting rich book says... you don't have to if you visualize what you want to attract in your minds eye and ACT IN A CERTAIN WAY.

Sure I would like to just earn a fortune by sitting in front of my computer. That's a dream held by many. But just staring at the screen and wishing won't do it. So using the "O" factor as described in your Success Factor certainly works better than dreaming alone.

Now imagine that you had a mental illness but you are seldom aware of it. And your mind was possessed by a parasite called your ego. It has you convinced that you are it and it is right about everything and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and they should go stuff their own beliefs.

Do you know anyone like that?

But what if that person became more present and in tune with things and realized that his or her ego was just a mental idol that keeps them from being who they really are. Don't you think that practicing a little magical thinking can help that person to become more aware and happier? By magical thinking I mean simply paying attention to the thoughts in their head and choosing which thoughts to focus on and which ones to let go of. Wouldn't that kind of magical thinking be a good thing? Or would they be better off to close their mind off to possibility thinking and stuff it all because thats what the little parasite... that mental idol they identify with and worship tells them to do?

quote:We laugh at the medieval peasants and their superstitions and fearfulness of witches and goblins and multiple gods. But in turn, most believe the same malarkey they did, but just call it The Secret instead.

I disagree... The reason why 3 million women got burned as witches was because they listened to the parasite instead of using the secret to become more aware of their own stinking thinking. So they forked over their thought process to others and blindly followed and did as they were told by their leaders who also were possessed by their ego.

Your parasite never seems to get the best of you but I have difficulty going more than 3 hours without bumping into mine. Yours never seems to control your thoughts, actions or moods. That's why I thought that you may have been a real master that just lived the secret and you never had to magically take control of your own thinking. But maybe your stuff don't stink.

"Am I" right or "AM I" Wrong?

You tell me and I'll listen to the master!

But whatever you think... I'll still try to always appreciate your viewpoint.. even when you are obviously wrong. Pissing contests are full of it... aren't they?

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.MaverickPhotographer.com

Last edited by SteveSki : July 17, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old July 17, 2007, 11:58 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Here's "The Real Secret" Woody.. read my response to Michael. DNO

I told you DNO... Do Not Open
So why are you looking here? Ha!