SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 13, 2021, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default My fault, I wasn't clear.

Maybe one exists.

I haven't found it, and I'm not actually new at this.

But a comprehensive step-by-step guide written in plain English on how to get online, and make money by building a list.

Your advice is good. But, you say to try to get people (by whatever means) to come to your website.

So, I think step one is (of course), knowing what you want {build a list to make offers to}.

You need a website. Even in the DUMMIES books on building a website, there really isn't a step by step HOW TO. I've been testing as many FREE website builders as I can over the last months. They all have upgrades and one of the first stumbling blocks is HOSTING.

A couple, and I'm liking strikingly.com and at 20 bux a month, they eliminate a lot of the slop and mess, one doesn't need to know about such things as transferring a domain. If I were advising a newb, I would tell them this:

You want to make money online, by building a list, and making offers to them.
There are several ways to make offers to this list.

You need to have something to offer them. Either your own product/service or one you've acquired.

THINK about who you want on your list, the most likely suspects to buy things. You can start with what you do, know, or have an interest in.

You need a website. Keep it simple. To build a website, you should have some images, photos to use to make it look nice. Look for Drag and Drop simple site builders.

You can use a FREE offer to get them on your list, which means you need some sort of a list manager, I would suggest Aweber and their free 30 days to get it tested. See, there is a lot of DAUNTING set up.

To start a business online, what I've found is most books and courses and reports ASSUME a level of knowledge and understanding, and yet, even someone who has been online doing Facebook, social media, email...they may not have an understanding of Internet Marketing.

I see many people take 5 years to reach a substantial amount of income, a living if you will of maybe 5-7k a month...and most of those people could have saved 3 years of time, if they followed a plan of action BUILT from the ground up with INTENTION.

Even now, after 50 years working with computers, I sometimes can't figure out what they refer to, because things either change or an assumption is made I know what something means.

Just my opinion, from the last 25 years online, but the majority get stuck in the mud right out of the gate.

There is a gap. Or maybe I don't know where to look.

But I don't see a complete, detailed, comprehensive but simple guide to take people from first website to building a sustainable list of happy customers.

If you (or anyone else) knows of one, please post it up.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I can think of quite a lot of techniques...

One way is you can advertise on Facebook, offering some kind of opt-in offer, like a free report, a free instructional video, or a free webinar...

Advertising on Facebook is not always straightforward. It can be a little bit complicated to optimize it... Facebook is different from "traditional" advertising because it has "artificial intelligence" which is meant to optimize your results...

A second way is a free way. You can tout your expertise and get interviewed as a guest on podcasts, or do free guest posts on blogs. The goal is to try to get their audiences to come to your website and opt-in for your free offer...

A third way is through an affiliate program where, if you have a product, people can promote your product as an affiliate of yours. Of course, for anyone who buys the product, you'll get their email address, because they're buying it from you and therefore become your customer...

Those are three ways! But there are more...

I need to do more with these myself...!

Best wishes,

Dien