SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 27, 2018, 01:15 AM
weaocalua

Default Introduce myself

I am very happy to be a new member here. Thanks to the administrator to provide such a great site. I am going to share ideas with people who have the same interests with me. Send me messages now!
Old November 27, 2018, 10:02 AM
MarcsAlan

Default Re: Introduce myself

Hello and welcome aboard!
Old November 27, 2018, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Default We are OK with introduction posts, however, be forewarned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaocalua View Post
I am very happy to be a new member here. Thanks to the administrator to provide such a great site. I am going to share ideas with people who have the same interests with me. Send me messages now!

What are your interests? We do prefer you post some information before trying to use the Private Message feature of the forum software.

When anyone posts an introductory post, it would help YOU to follow these guidelines:

In addition to WHO you are, share your areas of interests, expertise, and knowledge.

Let us know WHERE you are, we have members all over the world, you might be close enough to one to have a meet up down the road.

We DO allow links in the posts, and in signatures, however, we do NOT like little one sentence "drive-by" posts hawking your wares, be they of your own, or as an affiliate.

We don't permit provocateurs with political agendas, although we do permit different opinions, even different political views to be discussed in an adult civil manner.

We prefer you focus on BUSINESS, current events, or money making information, although we do often venture into areas of mystery, the arcane, and ever supernatural.

So welcome to the forum, all new members, it is only as good as you all make it, most prefer to NOT share, so it may go stale now and then. Both Dien Rice and myself have other projects to work with and SowPub, is more a labor of love than it is for business, although, we both would probably prefer that it pay for itself.

Let us know somethings about you, and hopefully, you'll find a friendly place to share.

Gordon Alexander
Old November 27, 2018, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default Also, about our archives. Some 22 years of posts.

We see several hundred people a day searching our archives now.

Including our own 18 years of continuous service, you may find posts, especially of mine, which were originally posted at other forums, there were many of them back in 1998.

Keep in mind the vast technology advances since then, so one should expect to find some very "dated" material in the archives, but...

there is also a lot of experience, wisdom, knowledge and universal principles regarding human nature and behavior there too, which hasn't changed that much.

All of our posts, including our archives are our property or that of the original poster. If you posted in 2003, and want to use YOUR post today, by all means. However do not use the archives for creating products or compiling information products without our consent.

We've been at this a long time, and have only banned two people from the forum, if you find it is not your cup of tea, then feel free to go elsewhere.

We respect our members as mature adults, so if you do any joint ventures with any other members, that is between the two of you. We are not police or a protective service, enter into any and all business arrangements having done due diligence and with clear eyes and open minds.

The forum goes through periods of high activity, and low use, again, it is up to you all on how and what you find here.

GordonJ
Old November 30, 2018, 10:10 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default “Newfangled” vs “Old school”...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Keep in mind the vast technology advances since then, so one should expect to find some very "dated" material in the archives, but...

there is also a lot of experience, wisdom, knowledge and universal principles regarding human nature and behavior there too, which hasn't changed that much.
Hi Gordon,

What I see a lot of now is related to new technology, such as social media... What I don’t see much of is...

Perhaps what they might call “old school” stuff. But you know, it still works. Sales skills, that get people to *buy*...

If you know this, you have an advantage over many of the people out there!

With the “newfangled” knowhow, you can get a lot of “eyeballs” looking at your stuff (if you pay the dollars to spread it, or can get it to go viral)...

But it’s the “old stuff” that will often get them to whip out their credit cards (or put in their PayPal or Stripe details) and *buy*...

So, I’m glad when people ignore “old school” stuff. Because it gives me an advantage...

I’m all for ignorance! (Other people’s that is...)

Best wishes,

Dien