SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 24, 2021, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default Make your future...by controlling THEIRS.

I have to tell you a story.

There is a man in a town outside of Boston, MA, who operates a candy store. It is of the old world variety all of it handmade in small batches. The man has been at it a long time, is looking to retire and has no heirs.

He is putting the candy shop on the market.

There is a man in Utah. He does business all over the world. Imports chocolate specialties and then BRANDS THEM for corporate gifts.

The Boston man makes a one of a kind secret PROPRIETARY chocolate, and no one knows his secret. He does about 3 million a year with 7 employees, all of whom been with him for many years. But he is the only who can make his famous, limited supply, high demand Harbor candy.

Big candy companies have been trying to get his recipe for years.

How can you make everyone happy, all benefit, and win the day?

The key is YOU. How?

By seeing THEIR futures, one that none of them know exist.

How do you manipulate the whole thing, become the wizard behind the curtain, make everyone win and walk away with a huge profit for nothing more than CONTROLLING all of their futures?

Just wondering, who would want to know how? Anyone?

Gordon
Old July 24, 2021, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Default The power of this concept applied.

Most people, especially those who have goals, think in terms of what they need to do, they think of THEIR future.

Glenn Osborn has given us many examples of controlling other people's future, the easiest to see is his RESTAURANT examples.

5 mins before he walks on their stage to give his command performance, replete with big red noses, flashing lights, lottery tickets, etc., etc....those staff and diners don't know what the next half hour or so is going to be.

Glenn knows.

He has seen their future. He has vast experience in knowing what reactions he is going to get, he sets the table, puts the magnet under the table and makes the iron filings on top perform as he wants them to.

He could make a reservation two weeks in advance, and can predict with Nostradamus and Magician accuracy, how people are going to behave. He is controlling their future, and they have no idea he is going to do that.

Our friend, Millard Grubb, the magician can tell us what the reactions of his audience way ahead of his performance...he too, controls the future for some people, albeit, he probably never thought of it this way before.

See, it is a concept of thinking.

To reach a goal, say for example, the magic 10k a month in IM with minimum work...there are certain steps to take...or

to set up things to get the REACTION YOU want. Glenn knows his plate will be full, he'll get above and beyond service and Millard knows when the audience will grasp in astonishment or howl in laughter.

Just as Frank Kern knows the future of X number of people, because he is going to control that to the extent it is predictable.

I know X number will send me money when I tell them about a new report, maybe the one on CONTROLLING THEIR FUTURES to secure your own.

It is a series of stimulus/reactions...and a backward chaining of events to get to that moment when you know, EXACTLY, ALMOST precisely to the minute, when your 'AUDIENCE' will respond.

So an Entrepreneur in Utah, can predict with amazing accuracy when a big company in Germany wants to make a move on a smaller American company, and if Mr. Utah has taken control of THEIR futures, with a win/win/win scenario, he very quietly and often under the radar will extract a huge paycheck with not much effort, other than a lot of FORETHOUGHT.

There could be a company in Brazil, and some guy in Montana is going to MAKE that company behave or respond in a certain way by being the puppet master without anyone even knowing what is going on.

Mergers? Acquisitions? Takeovers, both friendly and hostile? All business activity executed every single day.

And more than likely, there is a Wizard behind the curtain, pulling levers and creating a time machine, and knows what the future will be for some very targeted people, and what he gains when it happens.

Mindset.

Mind reading.

Making people do something in the future they have no idea about today. And a step by step plan of action, can allow you too, to fly above the fray and below the radar for simply doing a little mental magic of your own.

Gordon
Old July 24, 2021, 11:16 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: The power of this concept applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Making people do something in the future they have no idea about today. And a step by step plan of action, can allow you too, to fly above the fray and below the radar for simply doing a little mental magic of your own.
Hi Gordon,

One of the "magic" things about what you're talking about is...

While (in most cases) you can't predict what a "specific" single person will do...

You CAN often predict what a certain PERCENTAGE of them will do...

And that's enough!

If I send an email out to my email list, with a promotion... I already know about HOW MANY people will BUY what I'm offering!

I don't know WHO it will be specifically... But I have a good handle on what percentage of people that receive the email, will buy. And that's all you need!

Love to hear more, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 25, 2021 at 12:03 AM.
Old July 25, 2021, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Default Some could argue, rightfully, that I am splitting remote direct marketing hairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

One of the "magic" things about what you're talking about is...

While (in most cases) you can't predict what a "specific" single person will do...

You CAN often predict what a certain PERCENTAGE of them will do...

And that's enough!

If I send an email out to my email list, with a promotion... I already know about HOW MANY people will BUY what I'm offering!

I don't know WHO it will be specifically... But I have a good handle on what percentage of people that receive the email, will buy. And that's all you need!

Love to hear more, Gordon!

Best wishes,

Dien

Yes Dien, you are right. The concept applied to remote direct marketing, or even in store brick and mortar buying habits can be quantified. And I may not be able to defend the idea as used in remote direct marketing, it is, after all, the Maths of it all.

And being a big math guy, and an advocate of the NPGS and heuristic accounting procedures, I have to agree. Especially when soliciting to previous buyers.

I feel that should be Remote Direct Marketing 101 THE BASICS.

And I agree the collective, the herd, the group is easier to predict and control than an individual.

But this is where this gets really interesting.

Say Bob in Texas runs a small specialty oil refinery, and produces small batches of very market specific 'juice'. Then there is Hans in Germany, who is a buyer for behemoth Euro distributor.

How do you control Bob, Hans, and any other people to make them do what you want them to do for the mutual benefit of all?

Or this. Today, many people are having a birthday. How can Pav's Ice Cream store in downtown Cuyahoga Falls get George Alexander, who is 40 today, to pay the store a visit on his birthday? Trying to control the future behavior of an individual is very exciting.

One easy to conduct experiment I do, on several forums and Facebook groups is to get a given individual to RESPOND to a post, and to predict with great accuracy exactly what that response will be? It gets easier when you know who is who and what they generally have to say.

You can create a knee jerk (Cialidini: click-whirr) reaction by using certain stimuli...and you can create that stimuli weeks in advance.

The tech today of knowing individual behavior vs. group behavior is a frontier we should talk more about. It is an amazing thing to witness when it is happening and the parties involved have NO CLUE they are actually being manipulated behind the scenes.

Now elevate.

Not the X% of report buyers at 39 bux, but how about the X men who spend millions of dollars, and make decisions for giant corporations? That is dang exciting, interesting and I hope to say, profitable beyond belief.

P.S. the Trump PHOENIX rally, loaded with dog whistles, is an example of herd control, planned and executed and we'll see more of them. Trump is really, really good at the herd level, not so great at the personal one.

Also, say George A. gets a co-op postcard in the mail, with several free and special offers good on his birthday only...the small cost of the card, split between vendors add up to a pretty persuasive way to get Georgie Boy in the store.

Having a 1000 cards produced, about a weeks worth, with slug slots for dates and names, is a way to send mass produced media to specific persons.

Last edited by GordonJ : July 25, 2021 at 09:28 AM.
Old July 25, 2021, 10:24 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Looking forward to more, Gordon!

Quote:
But this is where this gets really interesting.

Say Bob in Texas runs a small specialty oil refinery, and produces small batches of very market specific 'juice'. Then there is Hans in Germany, who is a buyer for behemoth Euro distributor.

How do you control Bob, Hans, and any other people to make them do what you want them to do for the mutual benefit of all?

Or this. Today, many people are having a birthday. How can Pav's Ice Cream store in downtown Cuyahoga Falls get George Alexander, who is 40 today, to pay the store a visit on his birthday? Trying to control the future behavior of an individual is very exciting.

One easy to conduct experiment I do, on several forums and Facebook groups is to get a given individual to RESPOND to a post, and to predict with great accuracy exactly what that response will be? It gets easier when you know who is who and what they generally have to say.

You can create a knee jerk (Cialidini: click-whirr) reaction by using certain stimuli...and you can create that stimuli weeks in advance.

The tech today of knowing individual behavior vs. group behavior is a frontier we should talk more about. It is an amazing thing to witness when it is happening and the parties involved have NO CLUE they are actually being manipulated behind the scenes.

Now elevate.

Not the X% of report buyers at 39 bux, but how about the X men who spend millions of dollars, and make decisions for giant corporations? That is dang exciting, interesting and I hope to say, profitable beyond belief.
Hi Gordon,

You've got me excited! I'm definitely interested to know more...!

This is one area where you are an acknowledged expert!

Quote:
P.S. the Trump PHOENIX rally, loaded with dog whistles, is an example of herd control, planned and executed and we'll see more of them. Trump is really, really good at the herd level, not so great at the personal one.
I agree with you that Trump has skills to create a movement of people who adore him... He's deeply tapped into some people's gripes and fears... (I believe such power can be used for good or evil... It's definitely a source of power...)

Quote:
Also, say George A. gets a co-op postcard in the mail, with several free and special offers good on his birthday only...the small cost of the card, split between vendors add up to a pretty persuasive way to get Georgie Boy in the store.

Having a 1000 cards produced, about a weeks worth, with slug slots for dates and names, is a way to send mass produced media to specific persons.
I think I'm starting to get your drift...

You can control individual people REMOTELY...

Looking forward to more!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 26, 2021, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default Two and a half examples.

Quote:
Hi Gordon,

I agree with you that Trump has skills to create a movement of people who adore him... He's deeply tapped into some people's gripes and fears... (I believe such power can be used for good or evil... It's definitely a source of power...)

Looking forward to more!

Best wishes,

Dien

First example: Erie PA, shortly after you left...we wanted to contact Dan Kennedy. We did, got put on a waiting list and on a certain date, at an exact time, Dan would honor us with his half hour listen.

So, that is one example, which Kennedy had mastered. He could look at his calendar and weeks in advance, KNOW who was going to call him and when and about what. He took total control of other people's time in the future and made them appear at HIS beck and call.

Two: Glenn Osborn has shared many stories of first flirting with gatekeeper, sending packages of WOWZA to them, and getting Execs to answer their phone when he called, he also, was able to get a person, one person, to surrender his time to Glenn on demand. Although, I don't know if he considers it that.

Half. I will be at the Cleveland airport on an exact date, at an exact time, because somone has taken my time months in advance.

Now we're just scratching the surface of this "mindset".

It isn't marketing to crowds, groups, avatars, or buyers. It is choosing ONE person, or having that person CHOOSE YOU, and then take control of their time. And if you can do that satisfactorily, AND present a Win/Win/Win proposition to them, then again, WOZAW LOOEY.

Imagine a writer, who has a book, and is seeking an agent for a publishing house, and the writer KNOWS which one. She then sets it up, the magnet under the table, and begins to take control of this agent's time, only because it is mutually beneficial to do so.

It is on the SQ1, although out of sight. The small POA tip on the lifeline, combined with the time in between, the thoughts from the above and the POP, or several of them...there is a group POP, which hasn't been revealed yet.

There are tons, and you and I have read and studied them, of literature and information on persuasion and remote direct marketing...but there is very little about the idea of controlling someone's future behavior, all without their knowledge, consent, and totally unaware. It is very powerful stuff, sir.

Gordon
Old August 2, 2021, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Default The activity...and the preoccupation.

Quote:
Hi Gordon,

Looking forward to more!

Best wishes,

Dien

CODEX: Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY.

I left something out (on purpose)...

For those without the codex, I was talked into selling flowers door to door a long time ago, about 60 years ago.

I learned magic words: Spiders, snakes and mice. I got two books to read, from the Elmers (Wheeler and Leterman)...

Tested Sentences that Sell (Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle) and The Sale Begins when the customer says NO.

This all known, included in past SpSnMice presentations.

I left out the convo during the 45 minute Wax On/Wax Off ordeal where I made a 1/3 of the moolah in 3 x the time.

It was this:

"What were they doing when you knocked on their doors?"

ME. I don't know.

My Mr. Miyogisan:
Yes you do, think.

ME: Cleaning, baking, washing clothes, household chores, etc.

MR Myio: What were they THINKING?

ME: I guess about what they were doing.

MR. Myio. NO, they weren't they were PREOCCUPIED.

And you INTERRUPTED them.

LESSON, and new material:

When you get, understand, completely have it in your mind that your attempts to

sell something to somebody
get them to read your email
persuade and influence them

all the things we as marketers/salespeople/copywriters/influencers/persuaders try to do...

are...

INTERRUPTIONS.

Then you ask and try to control the WHERE, WHEN AND HOW, or as I like to think of it, you create

the INTERSECTION

where your persuasive skills meet their preoccupations.

Any questions?

Gordon
Old August 2, 2021, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default Relevancy to discussion, REMOTE control of future events.

Just as Mrs. Mitan was not expecting the 10 year old me to knock on her door and offer her flowers she could pick for free right out her back door...

The person you want to control in the future has no idea you exist.

My Flower Power intersection was THEIR front porch. My knock was the Interruption. My offer was rejected. My magic words began. I made them do what I wanted.

Before I started knocking on doors, Mr. Green (my Mr. Myogi) knew I was going to be doing something in the very near future...controlling someone who wasn't even aware of me...to a favorable conclusion for us both.

Your INTERSECTION could be an email. Or an introduction. Or some preselling, or warming up, such as sending them something before you contact them.

All of this to set the stage, to have control of the INTERSECTION and then when you or your words meet with your target, a predictable result can take place.

Gordon
Old August 4, 2021, 04:49 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Becoming a "good Svengali"...!

Hi Gordon,

Thanks, some great posts!

I agree that controlling OTHER people's time is extremely powerful... And you've pointed the way towards some examples and ways to do so...

It makes it sound like a person can become a sort of "Svengali"... (Without the "sinister" part... a "good" Svengali!)

On interruptions... Not all interruptions are bad. Some are very welcome...

It's great to be a "welcome" interruption... Which, I think, is almost always possible, especially if you are bringing a win/win/win type of offer...

You need the right kind of "opening" though! (I guess the right direction is... sitmulus/response... I'm gonna re-listen to your audios on that!)

By the way, I'd love to see the Group Pictogrigm of Persuasion (POP)!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Just as Mrs. Mitan was not expecting the 10 year old me to knock on her door and offer her flowers she could pick for free right out her back door...

The person you want to control in the future has no idea you exist.

My Flower Power intersection was THEIR front porch. My knock was the Interruption. My offer was rejected. My magic words began. I made them do what I wanted.

Before I started knocking on doors, Mr. Green (my Mr. Myogi) knew I was going to be doing something in the very near future...controlling someone who wasn't even aware of me...to a favorable conclusion for us both.

Your INTERSECTION could be an email. Or an introduction. Or some preselling, or warming up, such as sending them something before you contact them.

All of this to set the stage, to have control of the INTERSECTION and then when you or your words meet with your target, a predictable result can take place.

Gordon
Old August 4, 2021, 04:57 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default "Spiders, Snakes, and Mice - Oh My!"

Quote:
Hi Gordon,

Thanks, some great posts!
I thought some might be interest in these audios...

Lessons of a Lifetime 1 (part 1/2) - Stimulus Response: Spiders, Snakes, and Mice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnVLbIPYII

Lessons of a Lifetime 1 (part 2/2) - Stimulus Response: Spiders, Snakes, and Mice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTwXk_Xeow