SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 7, 2007, 06:40 AM
Millard Grubb

Default $25,000 Challenge

A while back there was a contest to see who could make the most money with $10,000 over a period of three days.... Then there was an ebook about making $1,000 in 48 hours....

Other than real estate, how would a person make $25,000 in thirty days?

Sell approx. 55 $497 info products via Jeff Walker's product launch...

Find an airplane or other high-ticket item "snooping" around via Jim Straw and sell it...

Create a luxury auction with a few dozen "rare" items and take a cut....

Launch a seminar that sells a high-end package costing $5,000 and sell five....

How many things can ACTUALLY be done if you have the GUTS to do 'em?

Millard
Old August 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default Re: $25,000 Challenge

5 Hog Hunting Packages in the Florida Swamps. $5000 ea.

**Warning** Snakes and Alligators could be a problem. Possible hog tusk maiming and mauling. All hunts scheduled from 1-4am.

Come Join the Fun
Old August 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
SteveSki

Hi Millard, Well you should know me by now. $25,000 in 30 days is just a few clicks away! Last week I walked into a shopping mall and watched one of my competitors sell package after package of Kiddie Portraits for between $400 to $800. They had started with 5 boxes on their tables each holding 50 packages each. The next day they were down to a half a box. Even after they paid for the Mall space and other expenses I think it’s safe to say that they did a little better than $25,000.

Cheers,
Steve
www.MaverickPhotographer.com

Last edited by SteveSki : August 8, 2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old August 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
Millard Grubb

Steve,

What a wonderful success story.... BRAVO!

I look forward to talking with you again.

Warmly,

Millard
Old August 8, 2007, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Sell 20, "$2,750 Fall Colors Travel" packages thru a local church by placing weekly ads in their Bulletins.

Or...20, $2,750 Bahama Getaway" or "Las Vegas Getaway" packages.

Your costs will be in the area of 50% so you net over $25,000 per package.
Old August 13, 2007, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

Steve's post although not specifically, alludes to the idea of taking the orders now and providing the service/product later. A great way to get cash in a hurry.
Old August 14, 2007, 07:52 AM
SteveSki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Steve's post although not specifically, alludes to the idea of taking the orders now and providing the service/product later. A great way to get cash in a hurry.

No that's not quite right.

We provide the service first when we photograph them.

Then we bring back a finished pre-printed package of
portraits that they can purchase or not.

So we are paying upfront for our employee's, the location rent, and
the marketing and production costs of the finished product. We assume
all the risk. The customer has no risk because they only buy what
they want after they are holding the portraits in front of them.

But several of our competitors do hundreds of sessions each week and
with that kind of volume you don't need to run $495 sales averages like
we do with one of our other niche photo markets!

Cheers,
Steve
Old August 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
Millard Grubb

Let's take this DOWN a notch......

What if you were a BRAND NEW wanna-be biz owner and wanted to make $5000 a month?

Gordon, I KNOW you want to suggest Chattel....but what if this person has an absolute aversion to poking around with pre-owned stuff.

Cheers,

Millard
Old August 15, 2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Actually Millard, you DON'T know what I'd suggest. So let me tell you.

Cut to chase:

It doesn't matter the amount, 500, 5000 or 25000. The number you choose only tells you what sort of things to do. BUT, at the end of the day (or month in this case)...it all comes down to ONE thing.

ONE THING.

The deal. The agreement between parties. Could be a deal between people, between entities, Corporations, LLC, govn't, NON profits...between two of these. But there has to be TWO parties involved.

And there has to be a DEAL struck.

Also, you are being assumptive about what I would or wouldn't say. Chatteling is what it is, it is irrefutable as a way for any person of any age, race or religious preference or sexual orientation to make money. Until they (the big THEY) outlaw money (coming soon), buying and selling of personal property will continue on.

As for the person with a phobia, aversion or just downright doesn't want to do "chatteling"...there are only 1001 other ways to go about it...

BUT, the problem for these type of people is, they also have an absolute aversion to many of the other ways too...and Millard, you did say a new wannabe Biz Owner without mentioning the kind of business they want to start or get into. THAT minor detail becomes a major factor in how to go about reaching this or whatever monetary goal they set.

The type of biz determines what they can and can't do, if you distinguish between someone who just wants to make the money as opposed to operating a business, which carries the connotation of longer term planning and actually having a business opposed to making money...it sets the parameters of the information.

Quite frankly, I WOULD'NT suggest chatteling for MOST people Millard because I know they won't do it.

First thing I'd do is find out what their list of phobias and aversions are, things they absolutely WON'T do under any circumstances, and it could be as high as 80% WON'T do anything that requires a face-to-face meeting with another human being. So that again limits the possibilities doesn't it?

I would suggest that most people have an "absolute aversion" with doing the WORK that is required to build a business or make money.

What this person WANTS to make and what this person NEEDS to make, say if he was going to lose his house, or be shot by Uncle Guido (pardon me my paisanos) .. then the MOTIVATION is a little different isn't it Millard? And under those circumstances I'd have something other than chattel for that person.

BUT, these kind of exercises and posts, and they go back to day one on the Internet, do little to help. I personally find them to be time wasters, with few exceptions and I'm responding only because of the assumption about what I woudl suggest, OK? There is NOT a blueprint that all or anyone or even any ONE can follow to achieve these goals.

Once you've set the goal, the 5,000...then you set the TIME to do it...8 hours a day? 2 hours a day? The parameters...from my couch in front of the TV...

ONLY then can anyone give a reasonable answer as to the HOW.

But you are WRONG about me suggesting chatteling to this person Millard, I'd suggest they get a job and get it quickly. Try a temp agency.

So NOW you really KNOW what I'd suggest.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I suggest everyone go to www.flylowcollectdough.com right now and buy something.

Last edited by GordonJ : August 15, 2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old August 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
Millard Grubb

Gordon,

I am sorry for making assumptions on what you were or are thinking.

Please forgive me.

The people I run into are a varied lot and I TRY to help them... As you suggest....they could very well be TIME WASTERS for me....

I appreciate your comments.

Warmly,

Millard