SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 11, 2014, 06:45 PM
Don Alm

Default The POWER of KeyWord Domains

Holy Camoly folks....if you think about 2 things in your attempt at Money-Making.....using your Fingers on your Puter;

1) WHAT do biz owners WANT
and....
2) HOW can little ol' you.....give it to them?

1) Biz owners WANT.....MORE Biz
and
2) What if little ol' you were to show them how they can get MORE BIZ?

So.....let's take a Niche that is of HIGH INTEREST in December of 2014.

Let's say you live in the Denver, Colorado area and you want to find (in December of 2014)..some biz to help you with PREPARING Your Taxes!

You ...Go To Google and type in; "Tax Preparer Denver"..and up comes a lot of "Crapola"......directories, local stuff and ALL...in a "TEXT" format!

What if ..on the FIRST PAGE appeared a FULL COLOR THUMBNAIL ...... indicating there was a VIDEO behind the thumbnail and all they needed to do was..CLICK and UP would come a VIDEO!

You kiddin' ME! MOST would click ON the Thumbnail!

So....what if YOU......had a THUMBNAIL that sent consumers to a Video that also sent viewers to....THEIR WEBSITE?

Would THIS be of interest to "Tax Preparers" in the Denver area?

Anyways......I'm not offering consultation on how to make money with this BUT.....right NOW...today......Thursday, Dec 11, 2014....the Domain...
......"TAXPREPARER DENVER dot Com"......is AVAILABLE!

So....what I would do is GRAB this Domain......(I use Kompozer).....set up a 1 Page site and.....offer it to "Tax Preparers" in the Denver area!

Now......because Tax Preparers make MUCHO DINERO from each of their Clients......I.....would offer this website AND Domain for $497 A MONTH! with a 3 mo initial commitment.....$1,491!

So......You DON'T think a Tax Preparer in Denver would JUMP at this?

Gimmee a Break!

Don Alm...continuing to toss out freebies......wondering if anyone is "alive" on this Forum
Old December 12, 2014, 06:16 AM
ron lafuddy

Default Re: The POWER of KeyWord Domains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
Holy Camoly folks....if you think about 2 things in your attempt at Money-Making.....using your Fingers on your Puter;

1) WHAT do biz owners WANT
and....
2) HOW can little ol' you.....give it to them?

1) Biz owners WANT.....MORE Biz
and
2) What if little ol' you were to show them how they can get MORE BIZ?

So.....let's take a Niche that is of HIGH INTEREST in December of 2014.

Let's say you live in the Denver, Colorado area and you want to find (in December of 2014)..some biz to help you with PREPARING Your Taxes!

You ...Go To Google and type in; "Tax Preparer Denver"..and up comes a lot of "Crapola"......directories, local stuff and ALL...in a "TEXT" format!

What if ..on the FIRST PAGE appeared a FULL COLOR THUMBNAIL ...... indicating there was a VIDEO behind the thumbnail and all they needed to do was..CLICK and UP would come a VIDEO!

You kiddin' ME! MOST would click ON the Thumbnail!

So....what if YOU......had a THUMBNAIL that sent consumers to a Video that also sent viewers to....THEIR WEBSITE?

Would THIS be of interest to "Tax Preparers" in the Denver area?

Anyways......I'm not offering consultation on how to make money with this BUT.....right NOW...today......Thursday, Dec 11, 2014....the Domain...
......"TAXPREPARER DENVER dot Com"......is AVAILABLE!

So....what I would do is GRAB this Domain......(I use Kompozer).....set up a 1 Page site and.....offer it to "Tax Preparers" in the Denver area!

Now......because Tax Preparers make MUCHO DINERO from each of their Clients......I.....would offer this website AND Domain for $497 A MONTH! with a 3 mo initial commitment.....$1,491!

So......You DON'T think a Tax Preparer in Denver would JUMP at this?

Gimmee a Break!

Don Alm...continuing to toss out freebies......wondering if anyone is "alive" on this Forum

Thanks, Don.

Don't know about tax preparers but I can think of several others
who would be up for it and who would pay well to have it.

Tax preparers tend to be cheap. Even though they make good money
(a lot do).

Remember in the old days, when yellow pages ruled. That was one category with the least amount of display ads.

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

ron
Old December 12, 2014, 02:19 PM
Steve MacLellan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
Remember in the old days, when yellow pages ruled.

They still do for most people 55+... at least here in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've read a lot of reports that confirm this and even asked a lot of friends about it. I've found the less Internet savvy + age, means more eyeballs on the yellow pages. Meaning those who ARE Internet savvy and 55+ are more likely to just do a Goggle search.

The sad part about it is that there are businesses who ONLY use yellow page advertising -- that don't want websites -- and aren't being seen by the demographic age groups they are trying to target. In which case... the advertising is just a waste of dollars.

The yellow pages aren't hurting in this neck of the woods. I've seen numerous google ads for them where you can get a listing in the printed book, listed in the yellow pages online, and they will build you a website starting at $250 per month. Not bad... getting paid every month for a website that hardly ever gets updated. In 3 years they made $9000 off of one website -- and that's a very basic website. And yes... there are people opting for this....

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Old December 12, 2014, 03:26 PM
Don Alm

Wow! Steve from Nova Scotia. Long time no see. Hope all is going well for you.

You and I did something together many moons ago, having to do with Car Lots. I forgot what it was.

Anyways.....best to you and hope to see ya again.

Don Alm

Ohh...regarding this thread; Ryan McKinney's report (Offline Legion) tells how he ranks videos for longtailed keywords like, Emergency Dentist Denver CO......Best Tax Preparer in Denver CO......emergency roofing contractor Denver co...etc.

Uses a phone service like Twilio or CallFire to send calls to a biz he selects.....phones biz when he sees a few calls have come in, and asks if they want to continue receiving calls. If they don't, he has phone service send calls to another biz in that niche and keeps going till one pays for the service.

He also uses the "Whisper" feature that announces who's producing the lead calls ("another lead from Advantage Marketing") then connects to the biz.

Pretty neat. Works for the times I've done this. Sure is nice to have monthly residuals coming in for little "work"

Last edited by Don Alm : December 12, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old December 12, 2014, 03:41 PM
Steve MacLellan

Hi Don,

Yes, that was a long time ago; don't quite remember either. Nice to see you're still keeping busy.

Regards,
Steve
Old December 13, 2014, 12:01 PM
Don Alm

Yup......everythings paid for.....got the kids educated.....money in the bank and investments HOWEVER.....2 of our 5 kids are having "income" problems PLUS.....5 grandkids could use some bux to get thru college SO.....my main goal is to build monthly residuals that require very little or NO attention.

It's called Ranking Videos for Keywords (EmergencyPlumberRoseburg, EmergencyRoofingGrantsPass, etc)

PLUS.....Gene Pimental has a great course called "Rapid Pro Sites" where he has 24 Niche Pre-Made websites (with videos) that offer a Free Booklet.

So.....my goal is to get 100 clients paying $97 to $497 a month. I can then transfer my PayPal account to some of the kids.

Hope all is well with you up there in "Nova Scotia" land where it's usually "Colder than a Well-Diggers Butt"

You should consider coming down to "mild-winter land" SW Ore-GUN.... where Conservatives are still in the majority.

Take care,

Don Alm.......heading to my basement to oil my 30-aught six