SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 27, 2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default I wasn't enough of a s*it WEASEL in Fly Low and Collect the Dough, Mea Culpa.

UM.

I am sorry. I apologize. There may be an error in Fly Low and Collect the Dough.

See, I have been taught, trained and taunted into NOT using absolutes in my writing. But perhaps I have.

If I say, "Anyone can drink water." Then I'll get the messages from the people who will point out the exceptions..."what about after surgery, some people can't drink water for days?" Ah, GOT ME.

So I'll usually say something more along the lines of; "ALMOST anyone can drink water", and avoid some of those "gotcha" moments.

The late Sir Gary Halbert called these "weasel" words. They allow some wiggle room. And Gary was known for calling people "S*IT Weasels".

So I'll go back into Fly Low and Collect the Dough and make sure that I add the appropriate weasel words and modify ALL (uh, most of) the absolutes.

Now on that note. "ALMOST anyone can walk into SOME car dealerships and drive off the lot with no money down."

Let's look at some CREATIVE ways that can be done, because if you have a low or NO credit rating, it gets harder to do.

One way is to have a COsigner. Someone with Good Credit that says they will pay if you don't. Your BOSS might be one such person if you have a job.

I've known bosses to HELP out their employees this way and set up an automatic payroll deduction to pay for the car.

Along these lines, I've known of bosses LEASING the auto in the company name and having the "employee" responsible for making payments...better check this one out first...may be some legal issues.

But the point is IF you have stinkin credit, have held many jobs, then you are one of the ALMOST anyone...and you may not be able to get a new car with no money down. But WHY would you want one?

What do you need it for. A good USED auto is one of the better investments you can make, and an OLD tank, a pickup with cover, is a great investment, in my OPINION (s*it weasel that I am...HA!)

Joe Karbo got a new car to drive with NO money down by exchanging ADVERTISING services for it.

There is BARTER also, and many many moons ago I wrote (and you can find it on the SQ1)...that Money is only ONE measure of value or means of exchange.

So thanks to anyone who catches me in any of the reports using absolutes, I promise that it will, in all likelyhood, never happen again.

Gordon

PS. What creative ways do you know of that a person may have gotten a new car (or anything else) with NO money down? And despite it's absolute flaws, Fly Low and Collect the Dough is getting good feedback.
http://www.flylowcollectdough.com