SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22, 2019, 12:15 PM
GreggP

Default Re: Prefer NO email. The 7 solutions to the BIG problem of lack of money.

Ok I’ll add my 2 cents.

First, find a way to provide something of VALUE. Don’t try to scam, steal or cheat your way to more money.

On the Sell Something track: Go to Craigslist.org in the For Sale -> Free

Is there anything of value you could pick up and turn around and sell it to someone that needs it but can’t afford to buy it new?

My area had two flat screen TVs and a baby grand piano for free, not to mention couches and office furniture just this morning.

The people giving the stuff away were moving and needed to get rid of it fast [VALUE].

You could make someone a really good deal and still make a profit [VALUE again].

I bought a storage unit at an auction. I paid $225 for it and ended up making about $1600 profit. Everything I sold was a great deal for the buyer. Check out the storage auctions in your area. You don’t have to buy anything on the first trip, but you will be enlightened by the possibilities.

On the Provide a Service track: The headlight cleaning idea is a great one. You can use Bud’s system or there are literally dozens of YouTube videos on the subject. Companies are charging up to $80/pair of headlights.

To find out if this is a good service in your area… Go to the local supermarket or Walmart. Look at the headlights in the parking lot. How many are so bad that you can’t see the light bulb?

That oxidized headlight lens blocks light creating poor visibility for the driver. This a safety issue for the driver, passengers, other drivers, pedestrians, animals etc.

Every car with sun damaged headlights is a potential customer.

Be a headlight cleaner and make the world a safer place [VALUE].

If you have a truck you could start a delivery service.[VALUE]

If you’re handy with tools you could start an assembly service. Many people would prefer having someone else put together the furniture they just bought on Amazon. [VALUE]

Before you start any kind of activity to make extra money make sure you have an EXIT PLAN!

It could be a certain amount of money in savings or it could be getting a certain bill paid off or it could be the new car you’ve always wanted. Just make a plan or set a goal

That way, if you start doing something and absolutely hate it you have a way to end it.

You might end up loving what you’re doing and that would be excellent, but having an exit plan is still a great idea.

Gregg