SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 25, 2007, 01:26 AM
Garth

Default I Want You To Accept Steve Jobs As Your Afford And Personal Savior

At first I was ho hum about the new iPhone but as I alluded in some earlier posts the more I learn about it the more it casued me to change my itune.

It is quite amazing that Steve Jobs has come up with another extraordinary product.

Basically if you are thinking of buying a portable music player don't it's a waste of money.

But..... that's just me... I was curious what other business geeks think about the new iPhone.
Old June 25, 2007, 04:18 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Steve Jobs - an amazing entrepreneur/innovator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
At first I was ho hum about the new iPhone but as I alluded in some earlier posts the more I learn about it the more it casued me to change my itune.

It is quite amazing that Steve Jobs has come up with another extraordinary product.

Basically if you are thinking of buying a portable music player don't it's a waste of money.

But..... that's just me... I was curious what other business geeks think about the new iPhone.
Hi Garth,

I don't know much about the iPhone so I can't say much about that... However, Steve Jobs is surely a remarkable entrepreneur/innovator!

He's not just had one or two successful innovations... But quite a few!

The Apple II computer (in 1977) was a great innovation, and revolutionized computing. (The first computer I ever used was an Apple II, my school had one when I was in 8th grade, in 1982. We had to book it - since there was only one - so we could use it during lunch time!)

The Macintosh computer (1984) revolutionized computers again. (Microsoft Windows is actually a kind of "copy" of the Macintosh operating system - Microsoft just switched a few things around and renamed a few things to make it slightly different.) But it doesn't end there...

Steve Jobs was booted out of Apple. So he founded NeXT (1985). Although NeXT itself wasn't a huge success, parts of its operating system are now used in the Macintosh OS X operating system. (The computer I'm using right now is a MacBook laptop which runs Macintosh OS X, as well as Windows XP.)

Soon after leaving Apple, Steve Jobs also bought Pixar (in 1986) - and he had a hand in revolutionizing animation. Remember the "revolution" that was "Toy Story" (1995) - with the "3D"-style computer animation? "Toy Story" was the first full-length computer-animated movie (something which is common-place now, with "Finding Nemo" and all the "Shrek" films and so on). It's amazing to think that Steve Jobs had a hand in that "revolution" too...

Of course, we all know about the iPod/iTunes "revolution" in online music (launched in 2001). While the iPod had an amazing design, I think it wouldn't have been the huge success it is without iTunes as well. As well as getting the "hardware", he made it easy to get the "software" (i.e. the music) too. I think it was Steve Jobs' foresight to realize that you needed both - just one without the other wasn't enough.

So... While I still have a lot to learn about the iPhone... If Steve Jobs is behind it, it's probably something to keep an eye on!

Cheers,

Dien
Old June 25, 2007, 05:13 AM
Phil

Default Re: Steve Jobs - an amazing entrepreneur/innovator...

Definitely...

But for those interested and Learning about the iPhone...

Watch out for this...
http://news.google.com/news?ie=UTF-8...nG=Search+News

Although, if you can get Unlimited real iPhone stock...

You'll have a Very nice little business going...

Bet there's some possible iPhone business & Service ideas in this one... http://www .iphonehotsheet(s).com/

Phil

Last edited by Dien Rice : June 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old June 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
Garth

Default Phil, iphonehotsheet(s) link doesn't seem to work?

Phil, iphonehotsheet(s) link doesn't seem to work.
Old June 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Phil, iphonehotsheet(s) link doesn't seem to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Phil, iphonehotsheet(s) link doesn't seem to work.
Hi Garth,

I think it wasn't meant to be a "live" link, just an example... But the forum automatically activates links (to make it easier for readers to check it out)...

(I de-activated the link to solve the problem! )

Cheers,

Dien
Old June 25, 2007, 04:06 PM
Phil

Default Re: Phil, iphonehotsheet(s) link doesn't seem to work?

Thanks Dien,

Just tossing out Quick ideas in the wee hours...

With a Hint that both domain name(s) are available...

If you Google iPhone related Keyword phrases...

Besides a few Big name articles, a well researched informative iPhone resource could make some Good money as long as you're Careful with the trade mark...

Through iPhone advertising, sponsorships and other Creative ideas...

Keep in mind... No matter the business there's Always room for Competition...

Phil
Old June 25, 2007, 04:54 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Did Job's Steal The Idea?

Phil,

Thanks for ideas.

What the heck is an iPhone? "Thanks Megashake" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Interesting to see LG is claiming Jobs Stole the design from their PRADA phone. Of course, the similarities between the iPhone and other Large Screen PDAs would need to be taken into account. Mayhaps LG is looking for some Free Press.

I could see where LG might think Jobs is a thief. Xerox invented Windows, Jobs stole it then complained when MS stole it from him. HA!

As with the iPod, this is more about Hype then anything. Just another cell phone with web access abilities. Heck, my cell phone can do that now. It ain't touch screen, but so what? I don't use it to access the net, or watch teenage angst movies on youtube, now.

It'll take off as the trend following sheep jump to it. Oh well. Time to open a virtual ipod/iphone shop... if you can afford the Trademark Licenses - I see Jobs is in some hotwater there as well. HA!

And like the iPod, a non-user-replaceable battery. $500 down the drain when the battery dies 18 months down the track. I think not.

At least he's learning from IBM and allowing people to make Third Party Applications. But I won't jump for joy until I see them flood the market. - I won't jump for joy even if they do flood the market hehehehe.

Personally, I don't see a big enough advancement in technololgy to herold this is as the next sliced bread. But then again, he ain't trying to take over the world like Google. Just a tiny 1% of the cellphone pie - of course, he'll be happy if he gets more ;o)

Ever see that Scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is told "if it's not in the archives it doesn't exist." Google and Wikipedia are "The Archives".

Now excuse me while I put some bread in my iToast, boil some water in my iPot and have a nice tea from my iCup. Ahhhh.... that's iBetter.

Michael Ross

P.S. I just thought... Job's created the biggest joke in history and no-one woke up to it. He called it the iPOD. And people blindly bought them, just like good POD PEOPLE do.
Old June 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
Joetrevison

Default Re: I Want You To Accept Steve Jobs As Your Afford And Personal Savior

Gates stole from Jobs and Jobs stoled the mouse from others. Gates got Dos which started his career to billions by getting for $50,000.00. He already had it sold to IBM with a great licensing agreement. That was the key. His frieind and partner had told him about dos.
Old June 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Phil

Default Shut Up About the iPhone, Already!

Good Headline...

Interesting read & maybe some Buzz marketing Lessons...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20070625/tc_zd/210353

Phil
Old July 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
James Anthony

Default Re: iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Just another cell phone with web access abilities. Heck, my cell phone can do that now.

Obviously, you haven't used the iPhone.

I'd suggest that before making comments based on ignorance, that you visit an Apple store and check one out for yourself.

Trust me, you won't be saying stuff like "Heck, my cell phone can do that now"

Jim