SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 4, 2006, 10:02 PM
Millard Grubb

Default Quick Radio Promotions

I have been looking around the web and found little in the way of special radio promotions to get listeners. I am working on a few fronts to get listeners to listen in on my new show that starts Sept. 16 both locally and on the web simulcast.

The show is geared toward local business entrepreneurs, home business people, and people who just want to make extra cash.

I am contacting local associations, chambers of commerce, and national groups to get them to tune in.

Any other ideas?

Millard
Old September 4, 2006, 10:55 PM
Sandi Bowman

Default Re: Quick Radio Promotions

Get yourself an interview spot on any other radio talk shows in your coverage area...or out of it. You might do the same with TV...even community TV gets good coverage of your potential audience.

Does your local newspaper do any kind of coverage of related topics? If so, submit your press release to the column editor or department editor.

Consider writing an editorial or letter to the editor tied into something current and promote your show that way. Several ways to do it but I think you know that.

Contact your local Toastmasters and offer to do a brief presentation of one or more topics to be covered on your show. Excellent way to meet businessmen and women.

Sandi Bowman
Old September 5, 2006, 01:27 AM
Phil

Hi Millard,

Some Quick... But remember Smart well thoughtout marketing is the Key to Long term Success!

Purchase www.MillardGrubb.com and your radio show domain name. At this moment they're still available.

Start Branding yourself, get a well written web Promotional Feature done ASAP. If you can't get a professional web site going, start with a well written Landing Page capturing subscriber email addresses etc.

Get those domain names and Promotions onto some Advertising Specialties. Talk to Dennis http://www.cuttingedgeadvertising.com/ who posts on SowPubs for some ideas...

Read the following post and Apply a Few of David Frey's 1,000 Marketing Ideas, Tips and Strategies...

And get Everyone Talking about You and Your Radio Talk Show.

David Frey's got his name on this one... Definitely worth a read, watch & listen!
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1616

And post the Link to Your Radio Talk Show in your sig file to get the ball rolling...

Best of Luck...

Phil
Old September 5, 2006, 04:03 AM
Eternal Optimist

Default Here's another thought

.. when Dennis Lively was starting up his radio program at http://www.netbizradio.com - I'm fairly sure he started promoting his first guest(s) well in advance of the launch date. Creating a buzz about the first program and future guests will naturally give you good press release material.

It might be nice to interview Dennis Lively himself about the energy/finance/effort required to start up a new program.

... I'd really love to hear an interview with Gordon Jay Alexander and Dien Rice, Cornell Forden, Dennis Beavers ...... Donald Trump!!!!!!!

Best wishes to your success.

Margaret

.. btw, there are Many experts here who would make fantastic interview guests - I didn't mean to offend anyone not mentioned in the list above, just thought I'd start the ball rolling!

Last edited by MMacGillivray : September 5, 2006 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Adding a comment
Old September 5, 2006, 05:35 AM
Phil

Default Re: Here's another thought

While we're on the Entrepreneur Radio topic...

A little more Business Radio for your listening pleasure...

And some ideas for the new SowPub Radio network.

Although Podcasting and satellite radio keep trying to build more interest so we'll have to see how that Niche Trends itself out...

http://www.wsradio.com/
http://www.ebizshow.com/archives.asp
http://www.seoradio.com/
http://www.skyradionet.com/index.cfm

Phil
Old September 5, 2006, 08:43 AM
Millard Grubb

Thanks to everyone ! Our thoughts are along the same lines.

I appreciate the input....

Now, if I can just talk to Mike Litman....

Cheers,

Millard
Old September 8, 2006, 09:29 AM
Millard Grubb

One of our first guests will be Aye Jaye, author of The Golden Rule of Schmoozing. We also have on tap some of the top marketers in the country as well as a few surprise guests from the entertainment arena.

If you know someone who might be a good fit for the small business/entrepreneur market, let me know.

Cheers,

Millard Grubb
Old September 8, 2006, 11:38 AM
Chuck Huckaby

Our Blog network has a pod cast.

You might contact Dane and see if there are any openings. That way you could get some free publicity for your show, links to your site, hits, etc.

Every exposure helps.

By linking to the podcast from your site, you'd have reasons to get your radio listeners to your site to sign up for ezines, etc.