SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 9, 2021, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default Ideas for 40+ folk, addressing email question.

Over 40?
I got to get basic.

You don't get paid for doing nothing.

The more in need of money you are, the more likely you are going to have to do something you don't want to do.

Easiest and fastest money maker? Sell some of your stuff. Don't want to part with your junk? Provide a service.

A kid (or adult) in the winter offering to shovel snow from drives and walks, this works, I WAS that kid. Did I like shoveling snow? Heck no, but I did like the money.

Buying and selling has been my go to mantra for decades. But, there are other ways, none of them are DO NOTHING and make money ways however.

Friend of the forum Steve DiMarco is still doing well with both menu boards for quick cash (only 3 ads on it) and BUSINESS CARD CONNECTIONS for larger amounts of cash, and still in only a few days time.

But that requires selling, going out seeing the people, showing them the goods.

Headlight cleaning? Still viable. But unless you have a location like Bud Riggs had, a carwash, and even then he APPROACHED people to offer his service.

Listen, we know of thousands of ideas, literally, on how to make money.

But we (Dien and I) don't know of ANY, where you get paid for doing nothing.

I guess it falls to a question of how desperate or needy are you and if time is not a factor, where you have a job, a roof, food, etc. and there is no urgency, then keep looking, you may find something.

If that is not the case, then it is time to be DOING. And doing anything beats doing nothing.

Gordon
Old October 10, 2021, 02:10 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default What I like is that we are REAL here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Over 40?
I got to get basic.

You don't get paid for doing nothing.

The more in need of money you are, the more likely you are going to have to do something you don't want to do.

Easiest and fastest money maker? Sell some of your stuff. Don't want to part with your junk? Provide a service.

A kid (or adult) in the winter offering to shovel snow from drives and walks, this works, I WAS that kid. Did I like shoveling snow? Heck no, but I did like the money.

Buying and selling has been my go to mantra for decades. But, there are other ways, none of them are DO NOTHING and make money ways however.

Friend of the forum Steve DiMarco is still doing well with both menu boards for quick cash (only 3 ads on it) and BUSINESS CARD CONNECTIONS for larger amounts of cash, and still in only a few days time.

But that requires selling, going out seeing the people, showing them the goods.

Headlight cleaning? Still viable. But unless you have a location like Bud Riggs had, a carwash, and even then he APPROACHED people to offer his service.

Listen, we know of thousands of ideas, literally, on how to make money.

But we (Dien and I) don't know of ANY, where you get paid for doing nothing.

I guess it falls to a question of how desperate or needy are you and if time is not a factor, where you have a job, a roof, food, etc. and there is no urgency, then keep looking, you may find something.

If that is not the case, then it is time to be DOING. And doing anything beats doing nothing.
Hi Gordon,

What I like is that we are REAL here...

I get a ton of marketing emails (intentionally, as I like to see what others are doing)...

Many of them are about how you can do VIRTUALLY NOTHING... and make a TON of money...

It's all due to some secret Facebook loophole...or some new software breakthrough... or even some little-known government law that all the congressmen and women are taking advantage of...

So all you need to do is push a button (if that), then the money will roll in...

It's a kind of dream... But, life don't work that way...

There are ways to make things easier... I don't deny that...

But you still have to put yourself out there and do something...

The key, in my opinion, is try to find a way to make money which you enjoy, or figure out a way to make what you're doing enjoyable...

- Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : October 10, 2021 at 02:28 PM.