SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 25, 2022, 02:18 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default One change I'm making...

Hi Gordon,

I just thought I'd share some insights I had... This is relevant ito ADHD people, but actually helpful to anyone, I think...

What they think "causes" ADHD is a higher level of dopamine transporters in the brain, according to my reading... Dopamine transporters remove dopamine from the brain...

That means that the ADHDer needs more dopamine - and hence, more stimulus - than the average person does, to feel good...

So ADHDers have a greater than average tendency to seek new experiences... Whether that be through travel, new hobbies, and yes, even creating new businesses...

When dopamine is too low in the ADHD person, it can lead to lack of motivation, lack of focus, all that stuff...

I've experienced that this year. I was in hospital with a diabetic foot ulcer back in March. Fortunately, it's completely healed, though I've had a few foot injuries since then which have kept me and my foot under care...

Unfortunately, that's meant that I've gotten less exercise than usual, as I've had to worry about not walking around too much... And walking was my main exercise!

Exercise can be a good thing for an ADHD person...

...because exercise stimulates dopamine production!

In fact, Peter Shankman - author of the book "Faster Than Normal" about succeeding with ADHD - swears by doing regular exercise.

My impression is that, for him, he felt that regular exercise was the "cure" for his ADHD issues...

(I think his ADHD symptoms suffered during the lockdowns, because it was harder for him to get his exercise, as his routine was to go to the gym...)

Now that my foot is back to being in a better state, I'm planning to get back into a better exercise routine!

So far, my main exercise is still walking... Though I think I'm going to have to "mix it up"... Not sure exactly what to do yet... (I need alternative exercises which are easier on my feet...)

But I just thought I'd share that. I'm determined to exercise daily - mainly for the dopamine benefits! Hopefully that will be what's "new" for me in the run up to, and beyond, 2023!

Many of us don't get enough exercise... So anything a person can do to get more exercise is good for the majority of us!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Sometimes it feels like, take one step forward, two steps back!

(I certainly felt that way with my hospital stay this year...)

On the other hand, I always feel like I'm making some kind of progress...

One project I'm working on is getting into some simple software I'm developing... More on that in the not-too-distant future!

And there are some other things on the horizon... I can't talk about yet... Yet which I think are very exciting!

Thanks for bringing it up!

Best wishes,

Dien