SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 13, 2018, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default Lucky Fri. the 13th. NEW work, collaboration and ...

Well, it is lucky Friday the 13th. I invested 2 bux in a MEGA MILLIONS ticket, and with my sure fire lucky rituals, this time tomorrow, I plan on having the 200 million cash.

But, just in case, for some unknown fluke, that doesn't happen, then consider this:

I have a new HOTSHEET. 3 BUX. But don't buy it, unless you might want to collaborate on the expanded version, a very good REPORT, and who knows what it becomes from there?

The HOTSHEET is. GJABIZ 7 Steps to Remote Persuasion (Selling)

There is no sales page, or download, let's keep it simple. I'm looking for collaborators, to turn the hotsheet into a report, and maybe more. All collaborators will share in profits.

Send me 3 bux via PayPal to gjabiz@ yahoo.com and I'll attach the HOTSHEET in a return email. Make sure you let me know which email addy to send it to, OK? Some people have their paypal accounts separate from their regular email addresses.

You see a lot of questions on the Hotsheet, for each of the 7 steps. I hope to elaborate on each of those, so we go from a brief paragraph to one page.

So, instead of a one page hotsheet, we have a 7 page mini report or white paper. Then, we turn each of those pages into two, and now we have a 14 page report. From there, it is up to you where we want to take it.

You may have expertise in one of the areas, and develop your own product and market that to the list of buyers (including the ones I already have).

Who knows? It could become 7 courses. YOU could build a course, create recurring income and it could be a great add on asset to your empire. Or maybe, you'll just make your 3 bux back and break even. Who knows?

Not even the shadow.

This experiment is an exercise in collaboration, a sort of a group mind map, or as some might think of it, a simple mastermind group (need at least one more to have a group), or the beginning of a network.

Lucky Friday the 13th. More than likely, because I'm using Astral Projection and traveling in the DeLorean of my mind, into the future, to get the winning lottery numbers, so yuuuge chance this won't be of much interest to me tomorrow,

So, send your 3 bux now, and get the simple little hotsheet; GJABIZ 7 Steps to Remote Persuasion (Selling)

And see if you would like to collaborate on creating the report and we'll see where it goes from there, fair enough?

7 Steps to Remote Persuasion (Selling), hot off the presses.

[email protected]

Gordon
Old July 14, 2018, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Default Sales suspended. Get it for FREE.

I have my core group of readers, so today, I am looking for feedback, and please post if you can.

Here is a link to the HOTSHEET.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/7steps.pdf

The hotsheet opens. No download. I consider it to be one of the most succinct courses in marketing, but, what do you think?

So far, my collaborators think #1 and 2 are the most important. In fact, books have been written about finding a niche, or avatars, or customers. I have long advocated the fastest way to get the ball rolling is to find people who are already buying something and give them more of the same.

I hardly invented this idea. It has been tested and proven and built billion dollar businesses.

I see so much slop and mess, so much GRIND, so much hard work being done with less than stellar results. And often the reason why begins with the choice of market.

An example; a Warrior wants to sell an information product to people who are in debt. YIKES, he doesn't understand, they don't have money (as he explained his target market)...not only are they in debt, they are very poor to begin with. NOT a good choice if he wants to make any money. See?

That is an easy to see example, but the same could be said for those people trying to sell web sites, or SEO, or advertising, or a lot of activity.

I hate slop and mess. Had a lot of it until Harvey Brody kicked my azz with his reality.

This HOTSHEET mirrors the old world formula for selling, as you will see. But Step ONE, is the one you want to spend the time with, answering the questions about who you want for a customer, why, and where and how.

If you do that, you stand a much better chance of success. Although I don't have a need for further collaborators, IF you have something which meshes with this, and it is something all the collaborators could use and benefit from, please let me know.

So, saver your 3 bux, I made my million yesterday (well, hardly) and today I hope some of you will give some feedback on these 7 Steps.

Gordon

PS. Oh, Drat. I didn't win the MegaMillions, no one did, so I have my 2 bux ready (thanks to the collaborators) and hope springs eternal, off to fantasy land I go (why buy a ticket without a plan to spend the money?...see you in LaLa Land).
Old July 14, 2018, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Default White boards. Again.

I love white boards. Sure you can buy a small one for 10 to 15 bux. I make my own. Because I use so many of them.

I love the Dollar Tree. I buy sheets of ReadiBoard, 20x 30". And a roll of Con-Tact clear shelf paper, 18 x 54"

I cut the board into 3 20 x 10, and cover with the contact paper. VOILA, instant white boards for about 75 cents each. 0

How or why is this relevant to anything? I have a White Board with those 7 Steps of Remote Persuasion (selling) on one board, then, I have 7 other boards, each per step.

Step One. I draw a circle in the middle of the white board, ideal customer. Then around it I MINDMAP, what that customer looks like, how much they spend, on what, what do they want.

You could have a few dozen customers like Harvey Brody, customers who order hundreds and thousands of your products from you and in amounts from a few thousand to several thousands of dollars.

Dan Lok, at $5,000.00 per hour of his consult time, only needs a couple a day to make substantial income, eh?

Guys selling 3 buck hotsheets, need a heck of a lot more customers, right?

So, as you begin to look at opportunity, you examine the PRICE POINT, do you want customers spending thousands of dollars (like Realtors want) or do you want customers spending 10 bux for fidget spinner?

Pricing and profit margins can help you determine if the opportunity is going to be worth your time.

So, 3 basic models (out of several) are:

One off, now and then high ticket sales: Realtors selling houses/buildings/land.

Recurring sales, like supplements and consumables, they buy again and again. Mostly lower priced (under 1k) items.

Low priced items with mass appeal, eBooks, reports, etc.

On one of your white boards you can examine each of these and other models, and as you mindmap, along the lines of the 7 Steps in the Hotsheet, you can begin to get a feel for what is involved, and maybe you will see the slop and mess which lies ahead of you.

Simple little white boards and some time spent doodling on them, could be extremely valuable to you in future efforts, to avoid some feet dragging, or to be aware of the quicksand.

I actually have a whole wall with white boards, but I keep several of them right on my desk behind my computer where I can grab them and THINK things out, before I commit to TIME and Money on an opportunity.

How many of you use White Boards?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : July 14, 2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old July 14, 2018, 09:13 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default More on #1 and #2... and Zuck for president...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I have my core group of readers, so today, I am looking for feedback, and please post if you can.

Here is a link to the HOTSHEET.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/7steps.pdf

The hotsheet opens. No download. I consider it to be one of the most succinct courses in marketing, but, what do you think?
Hi Gordon,

Thanks! I love your approach to marketing...

I especially love the "preoccupational interrupter" concept...

I have to agree that #1 and #2 are pretty dang important. You have to know who your target market is, and how to interact with them, at a low enough cost!

If the cost of interacting is too high - you won't make money...

But, tools like Facebook help you figure this out...

A few years ago, people were (and probably still are) using Google ads this way... Ads on search terms.

If you were selling a report on how to mow lawns for money, you could select your audience by the keywords and phrases they typed in... Such as "how to mow lawns" or words like "lawns" and "money"... Or even be creative, and try "gardening" (thinking that people interested in gardening, might want to mow lawns for money)...

Test things out, and see what works.

Facebook is a little different, but you can target in many different ways. You can choose their interests (indicated by which groups they've joined), along with their age group, their gender, where they live, and any intersection of all these categories...

I've been doing quite a bit of Facebook marketing lately, and I believe I've developed some expertise. Once you know what you're doing, and if you have a good product, it can be profitable. It gets more profitable as time goes by, because you "hone in" on what's working...

I mention this, because this is ALL about #1 (your target) in your list, and is a way to improve your "honing in" on who your target should be!

Sometimes, you get surprised... Targets you think should react, don't. But that's okay, because then you just cut them out and save your ad dollars, and improve your profit...

Facebook is a powerful tool... No wonder Mark Zuckerberg is contemplating becoming president! If Facebook can (arguably) be used to make Trump president, what about the guy who owns the tool itself! Facebook knows what you like, so anyone can tell anyone else what they want to hear... That's the prescription to get elected...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 14, 2018, 09:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: White boards. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I love white boards. Sure you can buy a small one for 10 to 15 bux. I make my own. Because I use so many of them.
Hi Gordon,

I love white boards too! Though I'm not really using any right now...

It's great having a great big space you can write or draw anything on... With arrows from one thing to another (I like arrows)... And picture it all in your head, in a semi-visual way...

(I'm a visual thinker!)

I think... I need more white boards...

One great thing now compared to the "old days" is if you like what's on your white board, you can easily take a photo, and preserve it for future reference!

Back in the day, that was generally not an option...!

Best wishes!

Dien
Old July 15, 2018, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default Man, you're getting old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I love white boards too! Though I'm not really using any right now...

It's great having a great big space you can write or draw anything on... With arrows from one thing to another (I like arrows)... And picture it all in your head, in a semi-visual way...

(I'm a visual thinker!)

I think... I need more white boards...

One great thing now compared to the "old days" is if you like what's on your white board, you can easily take a photo, and preserve it for future reference!

Back in the day, that was generally not an option...!

Best wishes!

Dien

Back in the day, from a whippersnapper. HA! g

Last edited by GordonJ : July 15, 2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old July 15, 2018, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default We may have a STAR WARS on our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks! I love your approach to marketing...

I especially love the "preoccupational interrupter" concept...

I have to agree that #1 and #2 are pretty dang important. You have to know who your target market is, and how to interact with them, at a low enough cost!

If the cost of interacting is too high - you won't make money...

But, tools like Facebook help you figure this out...

A few years ago, people were (and probably still are) using Google ads this way... Ads on search terms.

If you were selling a report on how to mow lawns for money, you could select your audience by the keywords and phrases they typed in... Such as "how to mow lawns" or words like "lawns" and "money"... Or even be creative, and try "gardening" (thinking that people interested in gardening, might want to mow lawns for money)...

Test things out, and see what works.

Facebook is a little different, but you can target in many different ways. You can choose their interests (indicated by which groups they've joined), along with their age group, their gender, where they live, and any intersection of all these categories...

I've been doing quite a bit of Facebook marketing lately, and I believe I've developed some expertise. Once you know what you're doing, and if you have a good product, it can be profitable. It gets more profitable as time goes by, because you "hone in" on what's working...

I mention this, because this is ALL about #1 (your target) in your list, and is a way to improve your "honing in" on who your target should be!

Sometimes, you get surprised... Targets you think should react, don't. But that's okay, because then you just cut them out and save your ad dollars, and improve your profit...

Facebook is a powerful tool... No wonder Mark Zuckerberg is contemplating becoming president! If Facebook can (arguably) be used to make Trump president, what about the guy who owns the tool itself! Facebook knows what you like, so anyone can tell anyone else what they want to hear... That's the prescription to get elected...

Best wishes,

Dien
Thanks Dien,

One of the collaborators pointed out, my number one first step, is probably more like the 3rd step, just as Star Wars started with the 4th episode.

He pointed out, step one comes after making a decision to DO something.

And I agree 100%. So maybe those 7 Steps are 4 -10?

Step one being: WHAT DO YOU WANT and Why? (The ol SQ1 MANTRA).

Making that decision when it comes to business opportunity is often the first hurdle someone has to jump over.

And BEFORE that, maybe there should be some research, some roof top view of all the opportunity one has. Probably some self awareness, some knowing of aptitude, and what skills and talents one has.

Or lacks. And some sort of education to gain those skills lacking.

If anyone has 12 steps, or 15, feel free to post what you think comes before Step One? OK?

Thanks to those early guys, the COLLABORATORS, who have already given such great feedback and are throwing darts at the board. Maybe one or two will stick and we'll actually do something.

Gordon