SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 9, 2021, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default 5 years later. The FLY LOW COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE

wowZA. Five years ago, just before Trump won the nomination, I started a limited series newsletter; THE FLY LOW-COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE.

How did I do? Well, there was COVID for the last 18 months, didn't see that one coming, but who did?

I am reviewing all 38 episodes, seeing how I did with my forecasts, thoughts on making money, what Covid knocked out, and what is left standing AFTER the four years of Trump.

After reviewing the so-called newsletters, I'll let you know if there is anything of value left standing, and expect a giant sales pitch for a few thousand bux (or 10 to 15) to get you to part with your hard earned cash to get the UPDATE on the updates, fair enough?

I suspect, some of those ideas; like Sat. workshops, can begin to take off again, and with what we've learned during the covid pandemic, may help us plan for even bigger profits too. There is a pent up want/need to have some human contact, ala workshops, seminars and day lectures...which some of you can cash in on.

FIVE years later, what great Gordo seeds of wisdom for flying low and collecting the dough are worth reviewing? Stay tuned.

Gordon
Old June 9, 2021, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Default My first find.

In episode 9. published Oct. 26, 2016 I answered a question from Larry:

From Larry in FL comes; Gordon, I work on cars, what can I do for extra money?

A. Larry, my natural inclination is to tell you to add car detailing and headlight cleaning, but in your case, with a shop and tools, I'll give you a secret NO one else is doing. Attend your auctions, look for soccer mom vans, buy them...and convert them to STEALTH RV's. Many guys and couples would want something like this to travel around without announcing to the world they are living in an RV. There are many free videos you can watch on YouTube which shows you what to add. If you want, put on a pop up top, and really increase the value. Good luck. OH, and add car detailing and headlight cleaning.

Good advice?

This year, 2021, the Academy Awards Best Picture winner was NOMADLAND. It also won a Best Actress for Frances McDormand and it is the story of a lady who lives in a VAN.

And in the show, we see scores of people living in RV's and many in VANS, which have been converted to "Stealth RV's".

I hope Larry in FL took me up on my advice, it is still a good idea, and one which Bill Myers even created an Info Product for:

https://amzn.to/3zoBEpI

I can see people paying 500 to 1k bux to have their soccer mom vans turned into a road house.

One for me. I'm sure I'll find many which were not so good too.

Gordon (diving into the past to bring you today's money makers)
Old June 9, 2021, 10:26 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default That's on another level... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
A. Larry, my natural inclination is to tell you to add car detailing and headlight cleaning, but in your case, with a shop and tools, I'll give you a secret NO one else is doing. Attend your auctions, look for soccer mom vans, buy them...and convert them to STEALTH RV's. Many guys and couples would want something like this to travel around without announcing to the world they are living in an RV. There are many free videos you can watch on YouTube which shows you what to add. If you want, put on a pop up top, and really increase the value. Good luck. OH, and add car detailing and headlight cleaning.
[/i]

Good advice?

This year, 2021, the Academy Awards Best Picture winner was NOMADLAND. It also won a Best Actress for Frances McDormand and it is the story of a lady who lives in a VAN.

And in the show, we see scores of people living in RV's and many in VANS, which have been converted to "Stealth RV's".
Hi, Gordon.

Very prescient!

Without a doubt from my own reading, RVs have been big during the pandemic... Hotter than pancakes...

There are a couple of reasons why.

One reason is, particularly during the height of the pandemic, people didn't want to travel in planes or buses or trains, if they could avoid it... They don't want to be with other people.

They'd much rather drive in their own car - so that they can't catch Covid...

The second reason is that people have also been reluctant to stay in hotel rooms...

I'm sure they clean the hotel room as best they can... or so they say. But can you really trust them?

However, if you're in your own RV, that's not an issue. No one else has slept there. You're not going to catch anything.

And the whole "stealth RV" thing is just on another level...

It looks like you had 20/20 vision! We might have to call you Gordonostradamus...

Thanks, Gordon. There are some amazing insights there in what you wrote!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old June 9, 2021, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Default FREE newsletters worth thousands of dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
wowZA. Five years ago, just before Trump won the nomination, I started a limited series newsletter; THE FLY LOW-COLLECT THE DOUGH UPDATE HOTLINE.

How did I do? Financially?

With a FREE newsletter?

Gordon

Was it financially worth doing a limited series newsletter?

Good question. In the past 35 years of online money making activity, I've never felt the need nor the desire to throw money around, that is, look at what I've made, with the exception of a specific PRODUCT, like the Headlight Cleaning manual.

Which, did pull in 10 Grand on day one, and went over 25k in the first few weeks of being on the market. Those types of examples. But personal finances, never get into. I don't offer get rich advice. I do offer money making advice and case studies.

So, is the time spent GIVING away knowledge and experience worth it financially?

I say yes.

Way back I had a Blog, a wordpress early days blog; DOOM, GLOOM AND BLISS. And SowPub is now in its 21st year. And all kinds of Automatic Product Vending sites too.

You have heard this 1001 times: the money is in the list.

The list of subscribers to the Update HOTLINE (Fly Low) was just under 200 people. Not a very big list is it.

Yet, it has produced several thousands of dollars from the offers I made within the newsletters and subsequent sales of other offers to those folks too.

At the turn of the century, I had several thousand names on a list, and whittled that down, to where today, we have less than a 1000.

Several years ago, I limited my offers to a few times a year, roughly quarterly, with one holiday issue. I have a very high % of people on my list who buy, simply because at 10 or 15 bux, they know they get value. Although I've been told over and over that my prices are way to low for the quality of info I give.

But, for me, its about TIME. And if I have to do a lot of copy (selling), then it isn't a product I want to sell.

See, I think a decent product at a good price without a lot of selling, just informing them (prospective buyers) that it exists is enough.

A small list. Which has a high % of buyers, at 10 bux X 4 or 5 times per year without a lot of slop, mess, fuss, followup or handholding...is my forte. My wheelhouse. My sweetspot.

And I have no reason to change it up now.

Interesting thing about my buyers, sort of like Jim Straw's when he was cooking with gas (as us old timers would say), most on my lists have the automatic response to my latest. So you can do some math if you want.

But as to the value of the limited series Newsletter. YES, a thousand times over and over YES, YES, YES. It was worth it.

Give it some consideration to add to your income streams, OK?

Gordon