SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 28, 2009, 08:05 AM
-TW

Default With all this Obama talk -- I found this cool site...

http://www.jjchandler.com/tombstone/

Using that site, I made this image...

You can also link to other sites that generate things like street signs, etc.

Seems useful.

Cheers.

-- TW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capitalism tombstone.jpg (31.0 KB, 13 views)
Old February 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default To ALL of you Obama "TALKERS"...do you offer anything helpful?

Do YOU have any ideas? Any suggestions on helping out? Or is it just all bashing and RANTS?

Don Alm, head RANTer and RAVEer, hasn't offered up a single useful suggestion in a decade of deriding and criticising the Gummit.

Listen, we get your political views, and this site has had about enough of them. What SOLUTIONS do you offer?

Other than buying a ton of bullets and hoarding food? Other than Wasting Time ponting out the critics, the clever and the useless?

So, instead of ranting and raving and (more than likely getting your posts zapped, cause I'm tired of hearing it)...why don't you guys offer America some suggestions that could help overcome the problems we face?

Or will it be the "sounds of silence" if you don't have a target to snipe at?

Gordon Jay Alexander
Old February 28, 2009, 02:41 PM
Sandi Bowman

Default Re: With all this Obama talk -- I found this cool site...

Okay, Gordon, you're on. How about we begin by eliminating ALL services provided to illegal aliens? They now cost us a sum total in excess of 333 billion...yes, you heard that right...billion dollars a year for services that many legals in this country can't even get unless they're damned lucky (or unlucky, depending on the point of view).

How about we change the law that says anyone born in this country is automatically an American citizen. It's patently absurd, for one thing and, in regards to illegal aliens, it divides families and makes America and Americans out to be the bad guys.

We're too damned soft-hearted for our own good, truthfully, and those who wish to destroy us, use it against us time and time again. They rub our noses in any dirt they can find and ignore all the good that we do time and again in the media.

If you want to clean up our health care system, begin with cleaning house in the FDA and rein in the pharmaceuticals. Open our doors to some of the advanced cancer care that people who can afford it here go to Germany to get...even ex-president Ronald Reagan. You can expect Big Pharma to fight it tooth and nail because cancer is BIG PROFITS for them.

Let's give our doctors the tools they need to do their jobs right. It's disgraceful in this day and age for doctors to have virtually no training in basic health care such as nutrition and natural methods of treatment. It's long past time we took medicine out of the closet and looked at ALL sides.

You can begin by getting Big Pharma OUT of the doctor's offices (and our pockets)...they don't belong there. Doctors can get the information they need about new advances without visits from representatives and phone calls that berate them for not prescribing the latest medicines. Many good doctors are quitting because of the constant pressure and harrassment. Let's give them some needed relief.

Instead of a wall they will just tunnel under, how about a 'no trespassing zone'. Anyone caught wandering in it will be warning shot at and, if they run or try to get away, they will be shot...no questions asked at that point. End of problem.

Extreme, perhaps, but effective measures are better than watching a great country go down the tubes.

You asked. You received. More if you're interested.

Sandi Bowman
Old February 28, 2009, 04:36 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Unactionable & Actionable Suggestions

TW,

First, Capitalism died lo-o-o-ong ago. You cannot impose a bunch of rules onto businesses, and when those rules cause problems turn around and say, "capitalism and the free market have failed, we need more rules." That's just a Con pulled on people.

Gordon,

You want solutions? And there's nothing wrong with that. But Getting those solutions into play is another matter entirely. But here goes...

# 1: Like Sandi said, get Big Pharma OUT of controlling the medical industry via their congressional bribes and the help of the FDA.

Laws prohibiting the treating of cancer with anything other than approved chemo, radiation and surgery LIMIT research into it. MY experience shows more people died from Treatment of cancer than cancer and, often, they'd be better of not getting any Conventional Treatment at all.

BUT, those who enable the current state of affairs are the ones to remove it. As it's in their own interests to keep the status quo, it's unlikely that will change. (I place the American Medical Association in the above as well - as once you have a single body controlling anything you WILL have corruption.)

When you research the FDA and its Laws and the links with Big Pharma, it's quite Obvious what's going on.

# 2: Remove ALL income tax - be it derived from capital gain, interest, the exchanging of labor for money, time for money, services for money, the profit from goods for money. Income Tax is a Tax on your effort.

# 3: Understand that the USA is NOT - I repeat NOT - a democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic. The pollies on ALL sides keep talking about Democracy. But democracy is nothing more than Mob Rules. And the pollies Use your belief in it to pass rules they Claim the Majority Want. Thus usurping the Controls put into place by the Constitution.

Leno said something funny... ""We should give Iraq our Constitution, we aren't using it any more." It got laughs but was Bang on the money.

# 4: Remove the power given to The Fed (a Private organization) to Print money - and - dictate interest rates on that money they print (and create out of thin air). Which is to say, remove the idea of a Central Bank.

So far, these suggestion are summed up with...

Disband the Big Pharma cartel, the AMA Cartel, the IRS and the Central Bank

BUT. While these Suggestions would do much, you have three chances of getting them carried out - Buckley's, none and Slim - and Slim rode out of town.

If you love a good conspiracy... Kennedy ordered the Fed to Issue billions in Interest Free money (remember, the FED issues money to the govt and charges interest on it). So those who own the Fed certainly wouldn't like that. He also Ordered a Heap of military and CIA Out of Vietnam. Without such people present, the likelihood of an escalating war in the country would be greatly diminished - and again the central bankers who would benefit from such a war would be out of pocket. A month or so later he was assassinated by someone, that even the Blind Pew could see was Not Oswald.

So, IF you believe They are willing to assassinate a President who defies them, then any humble congressman isn't going to jeopardize their livelihood and go against them either - well, except Ron Paul who is but one voice and essentially ineffectual in getting things changed and who is nullified by intentionally not given air time.

So seeing as you cannot change the system. Your best option is to take action for Yourself.

# 1: Research the non AMA endorsed medical systems out there. Read Carl Loren, John Barron, Sam Bisen, Schuhltz, Eilaine Hollingsworth, cancertutor, soyonlineservice, no milk and not milk, the aids myth/hoax and so on and so forth. In short, take your health into your own hands.

# 2: Learn money management. Keep track of your incomings and outgoings. And adjust accordingly. Living Within your means. Screw the Big Screen TV if it means buying on credit. Make do with the el cheapo old fashioned non LCD (tube) TV. And then, avoid the News. Always put some of your income aside.

# 3: If you can make some CASH money, then do so. Your Official Income will be taxed against your will, but you won't change that. But you can do some small Cashies on the side if you have the time.

# 4: Do not pay with the ATM card. Withdraw cash from the bank and use that to buy what you need. The less electronic footprint you leave behind the better. Plus, when you see it leave your pocket you will be inclined to spend less. PLUS, by keeping some cash aside you help establish a small slush fund, in case you need it.

# 5: Buy an airrifle (.177 02 .22 calibre) and a .22 rimfire or 17HMR calibre rifle and learn to hunt your own meat. You can easily take rabbits and hares and jack rabbits and squirrels and birds with an airrifle and use the other rimfire for longer range and the 17HMR for larger animals as well. See this 46 second video on how to skin a squirrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66AVwthXgMA (Yes, from start to finish the squirrel is skinned in less than a minute.)

# 6: If you can, grow some of your own food. You might not have a yard large enough to keep you totally supplied in fruits and vegetables year round, but it all helps.

Politically I offer no actionable solutions. I understand the Illusion of choice a Democratic Vote gives me, and choose NOT to vote - even though I am coerced into voting in Australia. Which is why I cross off the printed choices and write-in the likes of Homer Simpson, Fat Cat, Humphrey Bear, Darth Vader, Kramer, Bat Man, etc., and then vote for them. (So far, my Informal vote has not made a lick of difference to an election's outcome - proving my voting is a waste of my time.) But offer this final solution...

# 7: You have to take responsibility for your own wellbeing - health wise as well as financial. The medical industry is a Drug Selling industry. The Markets are designed to fleece your money. Manufactured food is a way for the likes of Monsanto to control entire populations via food additives and supplies of food itself (remember, Clinton wanted to pass a law preventing farmers keeping some of the previous seed crop harvest for planting the following year, and force them to buy all new seed each year from govt approved suppliers). So...

Look after your own health.
Look after your own money - for now and future.
Look after as much of your own food as you are able.
Adopt a survivalist/preparedness mentality.

In the US, learn Spanish. Don't argue mute points. Just do it.

Michael Ross
Old February 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
-TW

Default Gordon, saying NO, and doing nothing is a perfectly legitimate 'action'...

I, in turn, ask you, Gordon -- what would you do differently than what Obama is trying to do?

Are you (merely) taking the path of least resistance? Sitting back and assuming Obama must be on the right track?

Are you saying objecting to what Obama is doing is NOT a legitimate 'action' to take? Sure it is! My overarching 'action' would be to NOT try to SPEND our way into 'prosperity.' To me, that's sane -- and what he's attempting to do is (conversely) INsane.

So, yes -- the first thing I'd "do" is to NOT do what he's doing -- ie: FORCING a surprise financial COUP and RUSHING through a so-called stimulus bill (which is really a MONUMENTAL spending spree (read: every left-wing democrat's wet dream) with out ANY time for TRANSPARENCY, DISCUSSION, COMMITTEES, CONSIDERATION, LEGITIMATE BUDGETING (the numbers used for the 'projects' were pulled directly out of the lawmakers ASSES -- and NOT reality-based) -- or even enough time for ANYONE TO EVEN READ THE BILL!!!!!!!

That's the FIRST THING I'D "DO."

How about you, Gordon? Are you 100% 'on board' with what Obama is doing (to our country)?

I await your insight into the matter.

-- TW
Old February 28, 2009, 11:32 PM
-TW

Default To put it another way...

If I am being scammed, isn't it enough for me to try and NOT be scammed?

Must I also figure out or offer a proactive 'anti-scam' too?

Here's my evidence that this (what Obama claims is URGENT + NECESSARY) IS all a scam...

When Bush (+ Paulson) said we MUST pass the TARP measure IMMEDIATELY, 'we' did ($700 billion +).

Again, it was said that it MUST be passed NOW-NOW-NOW -- not a SECOND to lose!

Then we gave out HALF the $$$ (immediately).

Now, months later, we...

-- Have NOT had a financial MELTDOWN (a severe slowdown, yes -- but not an entire COLLAPSE of the entire economy)

and...

-- We are not even sure WHERE the initial $350 billion in TARP $$$ went!

So, again we were ASSURED that financial armagedon would take place IMMEDIATELY if we did not spend that $770-bil tarp $$$ --- yet, NO collapse months later, after only having spent HALF the $$$, and we don't even know where that half went to, exactly.

So, we can only conclude that the initial scare tactics were just a complete BLUFF.

Why should we believe this latest 'crisis' is not just another BLUFF?

I say we all take some time + DISCUSS + THINK ABOUT what to do -- and how/if we should spend a TRILLION+ dollars.

Let's put into IMing terms...

Is the best way to get started in IMing to BUY EVERY GURUs BIGGEST PACKAGE in a buying FRENZY???

Yet, that is EXACTLY what this 'stimulus' package is doing, imo.

As Dan Kennedy says, if you can't make money without money, then you can't make money WITH money -- as counterintuitive as that sounds.

As Reagan said -- the govt isn't the solution -- the govt is the problem.

America isn't just a place, a border, and a geographic SHAPE on a map. It is the manifestation of an IDEA -- a very SPECIFIC idea.

It is born out of a SPECIFIC cauldron.

We had the 'revolutionary' war and KILLED the red coats, to get rid of exactly what Obama is attempting to HOME GROW!

Govt that got OUT OF HAND!

That is pretty much the entire purpose of the constitution and the bill of rights -- to CODIFY the concept of LIMITED govt.!

It's not just freedom from OTHER govt's -- IT IS FREEDOM FROM OUR OWN GOVT.

It seems to me, and others, that Obama is missing that point!

And, when it comes to America, there almost is no other point!

-- TW
Old March 1, 2009, 01:49 AM
Adman

Default My 2 Suggestions on "what to do"...

1) Get down on your knees and pray to a Loving God....that HE will have Mercy on us!

2) Inform every person you can about the "Truth" of what the leaders of our country are REALLY trying to do!

Don Alm
Old March 1, 2009, 02:50 AM
Phil

Default Life is way too short... Peacefully please, lets look at the Obama story this way...

Guess Gordon and I are about the only one's here willing to give the Obama times a chance... Atleast I'm assuming so...

Think about the following for a moment or two... Who the H**L in the world would really want any part of...

The Hardest Job in the World
http://www.inglewoodtoday.com/opinio...the-world.html

Of course Many in business including Republicans are of the following opinions...

Obama Budget Wrong Prescription for Economic Recovery, Says U.S. Chamber
http://finchannel.com/index.php?opti...73&It emid=16

But since Obama is pretty much a done Deal for now... Live with it and Give it some Time! Focus your Energies in a more Positive direction...

Once again!
The POWER of Positive Thinking...
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6007460

In The Meantime And In Between Time by using Obama's name in your business related communications...

And by following the keyword phrase “Obama Entrepreneurs” it can Truly make you a nice little Fortune!

Works well for me... Piles of Great business model examples offline/online where Obama Entrepreneurs are doing exceptionally well and seem to have absolutely No problem with Obama...

Another excellent Quick pick to add into the other Obama related Entrepreneurs threads I've commented on...

Simple freebie Obama business idea for anyone that just might be interested...

Some of these Entrepreneurial babies are available wholesale/retail and are Open to all kinds of misc. business negotiations & opportunities...

Top 20+ Barack Obama Inspired T-Shirts
http://tcritic.com/archives/top-ten-...ired-t-shirts/

Sorry, don't ever let politics get in the way of things... Much more important and better things to go after in Life...

Phil
Old March 1, 2009, 03:37 AM

Within 4 years - all of America is going to live in caves. No?

Then whats the worst case scenario that is likely to happen?

I've still not managed to get a coherent answer about that from all the ranters. What is the worst you think is going to happen?

The tax may go up. Yes - but as I recall - John D. Rockefeller had once paid 79% tax too. So thats not something new for USA.

The $ may devalue and traveling may become expensive. Yes.

But what worse than that do you see happening?

Unemployment? What can you do to remain employed?
Recession? Even in recessions - people have become millionaires. What can you do to make more money even in a recession?

Illegal immigrant problem. They cost 333 billion $ to USA ever year. But how much value do they create? And what can you do to increase the value they create - without shooting them all? (Don't tell me none of them work and all of them are simply moochers. In fact, economists* say that by under-charging -- they create more value. If some one is willing to pay $10 for a product and an illegal immigrant does it for $6 - thats $4 of more value gained by the payer.)

* I've never understood economics perfectly - so don't hold that against me. But do check out an economics book to get a more "comprehensive" view on things. (I recommend Undercover Economist that I just started reading - even though I don't agree to everything it says.)

And as Michael says - take responsibility for yourself.

Learn how to manage money and take care of your own health. Don't rely on your government to do that for you.

Is $10,000 more for you this year enough to take care of all the tax hikes etc? If so - think HOW you can make that extra $10,000.

Don't pick the government as your excuse. Learn how to prosper even when times are bad. The rules aren't that different. That is what a true entrepreneur does. Creates value for the world while making himself richer. Anyone can earn money in a good market. But can you in a bad market?
Old March 1, 2009, 04:10 AM
-TW

What is the worst that could happen?

Recession is the LEAST of the worries, Ankesh.

In fact, the recession doesn't really worry me much at all.

That is not what makes Obama a 'threat' to America, imo.

The worst that could happen is, the govt gets so powerful, the situation becomes *irreversible*.

THAT is the fear. -- and the fear is not unfounded, imo.

Freedom is a shaky thing -- it is NOT a given. And, like I said, the promise of "America" is not just freedom from other govt's -- it's also freedom from our OWN govt. THAT is what's becoming increasingly at stake here. If you don't live here, maybe you don't understand the feeling that's building up here (it's not just me). You have to be alert to the 'signals' -- the (sometimes subtle) warning signs that something's fishy. Imo, more and more, this Obama guy is NOT passing the smell test.

Sorry.

It's not the economy, so much as it is the apparent philosophical mindset of our new president. It belies a basic misunderstanding of the *idea* behind what America is -- at its core.

-- TW

Last edited by -TW : March 1, 2009 at 04:30 AM.
Closed Thread