SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 3, 2021, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Default A good refresher article about TOLL POSITIONS here...

https://www.renegademillionaireblog....usinesses.html

Pretty good article with several examples of TOLL POSITION strategy, which was the original MRR (monthly recurring revenue) and Harvey Brody called in a continuous cycle of profits...very few people really get TOLL POSITION STRATEGY, especially as it works in 2021.

GordonJ
Old August 4, 2021, 05:07 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: A good refresher article about TOLL POSITIONS here...

Hi Gordon,

That's a nice blog and podcast... I'll be checking it out further!

I'll just mention that (as you know), a product which is "used up" can also make for a good "toll position"... Because, even if people are not "locked in" to a membership, they have to keep buying it if they want to keep using the product...

No matter how much or little toothpaste I squeeze on to the toothbrush, I still have to go back and buy more toothpaste eventually, if I want to keep brushing my teeth!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
https://www.renegademillionaireblog....usinesses.html

Pretty good article with several examples of TOLL POSITION strategy, which was the original MRR (monthly recurring revenue) and Harvey Brody called in a continuous cycle of profits...very few people really get TOLL POSITION STRATEGY, especially as it works in 2021.

GordonJ
Old August 15, 2021, 11:07 AM
varet2

Default Re: A good refresher article about TOLL POSITIONS here...

thanks for sharing
Old August 17, 2021, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default How to create consumable products, the fast and easy way.

One of these days, (which means never), I'm going to sit down and write a book, a complete A to Z, soup to nuts {old world dinner}, encyclopedia on the ways to make a buck. One of these days.

In the meantime, and back at the ranch... one thing we seldom discuss openly here, although I have consulted with a few people who have done it, is how to quickly, quietly and easily create a consumable with a recurring monthly income.

Of course, newsletter (or any form of membership) is one way, eh Dien?

But another way, is PRIVATE LABEL, TA DUM!!! Although I seldom advise anyone about stuff that goes down the throat, just too much risk there, but take something like oil, or as we can point to, Harvey Brody's Zoom Spout oiler, which is sold under many different brands and names, all the same product, with a different label or printing on the bottle.

So, thought for today...if you want monthly recurring income, a steady stream of moolah coming in each and every month, consider offering consumables, and check into PRIVATE LABELIN G, it is a super shortcut to bigger bux, guaranteed.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

That's a nice blog and podcast... I'll be checking it out further!

I'll just mention that (as you know), a product which is "used up" can also make for a good "toll position"... Because, even if people are not "locked in" to a membership, they have to keep buying it if they want to keep using the product...

No matter how much or little toothpaste I squeeze on to the toothbrush, I still have to go back and buy more toothpaste eventually, if I want to keep brushing my teeth!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 17, 2021, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default You don't need millions of customers, just a few.

OH, I thought you might like to know this too.

You don't need a huge list. You can NICHE this down, and have one product which can cross paths with several different markets. Although I am not at liberty to reveal details, I have assisted a local (which means Ohio) guy develop his own "skin care" product, based on his work with and understanding of the ways of the Amish and Mennonites in his area. Both groups are very picky about putting anything unnatural on their hands and skin.

Anyhow, his product, with a proprietary position, is marketed in many different niches, and the same product, with a different label, is sold in many outlets, and he still makes the product in his garage. Big enough for him, and with only a few thousand units sold per month, a stress free and happy way to live and make an outstanding income.

Of course, it helps to have an experienced marketer on your side too.

Gordon
Old August 17, 2021, 02:06 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
OH, I thought you might like to know this too.

You don't need a huge list. You can NICHE this down, and have one product which can cross paths with several different markets. Although I am not at liberty to reveal details, I have assisted a local (which means Ohio) guy develop his own "skin care" product, based on his work with and understanding of the ways of the Amish and Mennonites in his area. Both groups are very picky about putting anything unnatural on their hands and skin.

Anyhow, his product, with a proprietary position, is marketed in many different niches, and the same product, with a different label, is sold in many outlets, and he still makes the product in his garage. Big enough for him, and with only a few thousand units sold per month, a stress free and happy way to live and make an outstanding income.

Of course, it helps to have an experienced marketer on your side too.

Hi Gordon,

I love that "angle" from a marketing point of view... When you think Amish and Mennonites, you think... natural, traditional, free of chemicals and toxins...

(At least that's what *I* think!)

I'd love to have a "use it up" product... Where people use it up, then buy another bottle, can, jar, or whatever of the stuff... If you can get that happening with a toll position, you're really in a great business...!

On a digital level, SAAS (software as a service) businesses I think are similar... Especially if you have a good toll position...

Best wishes,

Dien